GDT: Game # 42 - Rangers vs Coyotes - 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Every one slow down....our 1st rd opponent looks to be Caps or Penns....no joke...... we are probably the underdogs
Need a good read on K2...is he a #2OA talent? Laff I am not worried about. Go to war with this group..small add...then retool in offseason...Can we afford Kadri in the offseason? His knarl is nice.

Reactions: savebyrichter94

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Right but I could also drink my dad's bottle of Draino for free.

Galchenyuk is the perfect cheap rental, IMO. He’ll always play hard for his first 20 or so games on a new team or to ensure he gets another crack at it next year. Over 82 games he’s a liability, but for a very short audition, at the minimal cost, he’s the type of bafflingly incomplete and frustrating player who goes off for 11 goals in 25 games (and finishes the year with 15 goals).

Reactions: egelband

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
These days idk what to think ... ofc I want the win, but there would still be a lot bithcing and negativity around here.

If they lose against the ARI though, there would be a massacre around here and I think I'd like to read that, lol.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If the third line is struggling mix it up. We've had nothing at even strength for games. Do a mix and match in the top 9.

Lafreniere-Strome-Kakko
Panarin-Goodrow-Chytil
Kreider-Zibanejad-Rooney
Hunt-McKegg-Reaves

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
No shit there's room to grow.

I’d be interested to know what the club’s timeline is. Are they demanding immediate progress from the kids here on out? Or do they expect, and are fine with, the kids remaining total non-factors until they’re 24 or so.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I’d be interested to know what the club’s timeline is. Are they demanding immediate progress from the kids here on out? Or do they expect, and are fine with, the kids remaining total non-factors until they’re 24 or so.

There's no way.

We'd be better off going into the playoffs with two lines of grinders over what we've gotten from the third line. Any combination of Hunt, Rooney, Reaves, McKegg, Goodrow, Barron, Gettinger is going to be more effective than whatever the hell Laf-Chytil-Gauthier was supposed to be.

Laf and Chytil need to start being effective players, even if it's only in a third line capacity. It's been our worst unit all year.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good just make sure he rests next game vs the pens, caps or canes
As long as Shest is playing on Lundqvist night I don't care when Geo plays again. But if he plays Shest on Thursday and Geo on Lundqivst night, I will flip.

Reactions: bl02

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Coyotes gonna be mad coming off a shut out loss to the up and coming NYI. We need to win all the faceoffs to stand a chance.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier were at least pushing play and generating a forecheck.

I'm not sure why we abandoned that after Gauthier returned from covid.

And I know people will say "oh he did nothing to stay the lineup!!1!" but we're playing McKegg so sit down.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier were at least pushing play and generating a forecheck.

I'm not sure why we abandoned that after Gauthier returned from covid.

And I know people will say "oh he did nothing to stay the lineup!!1!" but we're playing McKegg so sit down.
McKegg was instrumental in the goal McKegg scored last night.

Reactions: Fitzy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I liked Strome with Lafreniere and I also liked Strome with Chytil. I think there's interesting things we can try there.

We won't because the Rangers have convinced themselves that a line of Panarin-Strome-Panarin's Friend cures cancer.

I don't get it. I never got it. At this point, I believe Panarin and Strome actively hurt each other at even strength.

"They have chemistry!" Yeah, the lab exploded and hazmat had to show up.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I liked Strome with Lafreniere and I also liked Strome with Chytil. I think there's interesting things we can try there.

We won't because the Rangers have convinced themselves that a line of Panarin-Strome-Panarin's Friend cures cancer.

I don't get it. I never got it. At this point, I believe Panarin and Strome actively hurt each other at even strength.

"They have chemistry!" Yeah, the lab exploded and hazmat had to show up.

And I also think we've more or less confirmed that Strome is a 2nd line level player with or without Panarin at this point.

If you want to spread the talent around a bit a divorce is one of the most obvious answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad