Post-Game Talk: Game #42 | Predators @ Coyotes | 1/9/2016 | 8PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't think I can take 41 more games like this.

Also, Trotz hockey isn't looking too bad over in the Eastern Conference. 65 points!

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Man you know this team is in a bad place when hutton is the bright spot of the night. Props to him at least.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
This team still needs more offense. There's some more guys I'd be 100% okay parting ways with. Johansen was a step in the right direction but outside of our 1st line and defense our forwards are mediocre at absolute best.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't think I can take 41 more games like this.

Also, Trotz hockey isn't looking too bad over in the Eastern Conference. 65 points!

but, but... he can't coach skilled players... he chokes the life out of anyone with any skill...

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Time to fire Laviolette. He hasn't shown any ability to adjust his "system". Teams figured out the Preds mid way thru last year and they've been reeling every since.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Time to fire Laviolette. He hasn't shown any ability to adjust his "system". Teams figured out the Preds mid way thru last year and they've been reeling every since.

I don't think firing Lavi is the answer, but I certainly regret firing Trotz. I posted in Observations that Korn was a big loss, which is part of it as well.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Lot of this is on the coaches. They are basically doing nothing to fix this, they're too stubborn.

Gonna be ugly in Chicago on Tuesday, boys.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
The team not getting it done isn't necessarily all on Trotz. But I do agree hindsight is 20/20 and we felt like we needed a change at the time.

Trotz had a long, long time to get it done here and didn't. Washington has a much better roster than us and games doing well. We'll see if he's able to make it out of the second round for the first time ever. That is his knock. also being let go can change a coach to change

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Have we had a consistent line this year or have we just been having different line ups this year? I remember when Trotz was here we mainly had the same lines/lineup all year long (unless a player got hurt for example) so even if one line was in a slump generally we had at least another line that was clicking/hot/stepping up. This year I just don't see any line that is scoring on a consistent basis.

Last edited:

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Trotz had a long, long time to get it done here and didn't. Washington has a much better roster than us and games doing well. We'll see if he's able to make it out of the second round for the first time ever. That is his knock. also being let go can change a coach to change

Look at the roster he had though. I think Poile bringing in Lavi helped him understand he needed a real roster to take the team beyond the first round, but now the team is stuck in a really bad middleground of a trotz/lavi roster and its not working. It doesn't help that Rinne has played really poorly since the injury/mitch korn departure.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Look at the roster he had though. I think Poile bringing in Lavi helped him understand he needed a real roster to take the team beyond the first round, but now the team is stuck in a really bad middleground of a trotz/lavi roster and its not working. It doesn't help that Rinne has played really poorly since the injury/mitch korn departure.

Trotz had plenty of good rosters to win and didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad