Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
giphy.gif

Vs

coyote-loony-tunes.gif

Arizona Coyotes (10-26-4, eighth in the Central)
vs.
Pittsburgh Penguins (26-10-5, second in the Metropolitan)

Pittsburgh; Tuesday, 7 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE:
Pittsburgh hosts Arizona trying to continue its seven-game home winning streak.
The Penguins have gone 12-5-2 in home games. Pittsburgh serves 6.8 penalty minutes per game, the fewest in the Eastern Conference. Brian Boyle leads the team averaging 0.8.

The Coyotes are 5-13-3 on the road. Arizona is the last team in the NHL averaging just 6 points per game. Clayton Keller leads them with 31 total points. The teams meet Tuesday for the first time this season.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Jake Guentzel has 40 total points for the Penguins, 21 goals and 19 assists. Sidney Crosby has six goals and five assists over the last 10 games for Pittsburgh.

Keller leads the Coyotes with 15 goals and has 31 points. Johan Larsson has six goals and one assist over the last 10 games for Arizona.

LAST 10 GAMES:
Penguins: 8-2-0, averaging 3.9 goals, 6.8 assists, 3.1 penalties and 7.3 penalty minutes while giving up 2.7 goals per game with a .915 save percentage.

Coyotes: 4-5-1, averaging 2.6 goals, 4.1 assists, 4.9 penalties and 13.1 penalty minutes while allowing 3.3 goals per game with a .909 save percentage.

INJURIES:
Coyotes: Ryan Dzingel: out (covid-19), Scott Wedgewood: out (health protocols), Barrett Hayton: out (hand), Cam Dineen: out (health protocols), Dysin Mayo: out (covid-19), Jay Beagle: out (lower body), Antoine Roussel: out (health protocols).

penguin-dance-happy.gif

pens-1.jpg

pens-2.jpg

pens-3.jpg

pens-4.jpg

pens-5.jpg

pens-6.jpg

penguins-penguins-of-madagascar.gif

Stats provided by TSN and ESPN per usual, with the NHL thrown in this time cause why not.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I would start DeSmith in this one. Jarry needs a day off at some point. The coyotes are the worst team in the NHL. If DeSmith can't win this game then he's not even worth a roster spot.
I think he’s past the point of not even worth a roster spot…

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’d also try Puus for a game since we have spots in the top six with Zucker out. Heinen and Erod have gone cold.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Heinen has had at least 5 point-blank opportunities and can't buy a goal.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It would be very Penguin-like to lose this game when they should win 4-1…Arizona can’t put the puck in the net, perfect for CDS, but I suspect Sullivan still doesn’t trust him to be ready and will go with Jarry…not mentioned in this thread: one Phil Kessel is leading the Coyotes in assists…

Reactions: wgknestrick

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
It would be very Penguin-like to lose this game when they should win 4-1…Arizona can’t put the puck in the net, perfect for CDS, but I suspect Sullivan still doesn’t trust him to be ready and will go with Jarry…not mentioned in this thread: one Phil Kessel is leading the Coyotes in assists…
Really? Can't imagine it won't be CDS. Just hoping for a win, first in person game this year!!!!

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Everyone knows that you need to make a bunch of changes when you've won like 18 of your last 20.
There is no reason to play useless guys when you have t exhausted other options. DeSmith, Boyle and Simon shouldn’t be in the lineup regardless of our current streak.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

won like every game the past two months and here you are still grinding and getting pucks deep with the pessimistic posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad