GDT: Game 42: Halfway Home Edition | Penguins @ Hawks | 1/6/2016 | 7 PM CT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Read the rest of the thread :) . The poster who posted that chart interpreted it incorrectly. Daley was a net minus player last night.

I saw that and was so confused. I then questioned my ability to understand words and advanced stats. Where is JD when we need him.....

It has been a long day.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Well that does make some sense.

I thought though the twitter guy said Daley was good and others said Daley, Sid and Letang were good, the rest meh.

Also said possesion was split evenly between Hawks and Pens-that's not what I saw either.

That chart showed Daley with the worst possession numbers of the game and not a single Penguin went positive. I don't get how they missed that.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook

These past two games with Pittsburgh were quite special!

At the game in Pittsburgh, Patrick Kane nodded at me and flipped me a puck during the pregame skate. I will get that thing autographed when I can. The overtime was the craziest regular season overtime I can remember.

Last night's game was special for another reason. I got to see my little sister experience her first live Blackhawks game. Seeing the excitement from her was heartwarming. The Hawks out-skated the Pens by a wide margin.

Artemi Panarin has really been a monster lately. It's amazing the talent that can still be had outside of the draft.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010

At the game in Pittsburgh, Patrick Kane nodded at me and flipped me a puck during the pregame skate. I will get that thing autographed when I can. The overtime was the craziest regular season overtime I can remember.

Last night's game was special for another reason. I got to see my little sister experience her first live Blackhawks game. Seeing the excitement from her was heartwarming. The Hawks out-skated the Pens by a wide margin.

Artemi Panarin has really been a monster lately. It's amazing the talent that can still be had outside of the draft.

So you went to the game in Pittsburgh and also the game in Chicago? Did you fly with the team? :sarcasm: Good to know that you had a great time :)

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Officiating in nhl games gets worse every year. Seems like now the only thing that matters is the pp totals rather than whether rules are actually enforced.

Were you around in the 70's or 80's or even the 90's? One thing i will never forget is Roenick in alone on Roy in OT during game 6 vs Av's in the old barn, pulled down no call, an often pinching Ozolinch eventually scored and Av's moved on to the next round. Not kidding, tripped and not even a flinch by Ref (can't recall whom) if you ever meet Foley you can ask him, i'm sure he will let you know.

Whenever Foley announced the lineups then the officials, if it was Ron Fournier reffing he would literally say his name in a tone like Fournier was a terrible disease like when he said "the Minnesota North Stars"....Fournier screwed the Hawks continuously and intentionally......then there was Andy VanHELLamond, brutal ref, i was at the game when the fans were ready to riot, not kidding! (was inducted into the HOF :( same moment as Gretzky)

Then there was Red Storey who cost the Hawks a Cup.......Bill McCreary, the league would not allow him officiate Hawk PO games for some time.......the linesman who kept kicking Lysiak out of the fo so he tripped the dude and got nailed for 20 games.

Angotti ripped on the officiating so much that the league told him "a good broadcaster should refrain from those kind of remarks".......he replied "i never wanted to be a good broadcaster anyway".

Keenan's President trophy winning Hawks vs North Stars who won by setting an NHL record for most pp chances in a series...........Brett Hull's game winning SCF ot goal vs Sabres, should have never been allowed.

So is the officiating that bad today? well there is a lot of interfering (Kings are pros at it), goons taking a swing after the whistle around their net, no call, hitting from behind along the boards, no call, etc.......one thing for certain.... i don't want to see what i saw back then for sure :rant:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

Very nice :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad