Post-Game Talk: GAME 42 B's sabre Buffalo - BRUINS 2 Sabres 1 FINAL

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This team has earned an opportunity to make a run.

I’m convinced that it’s worth adding a piece up front to take a run at the thing.

Backes had a good game and if he’s healthy, I like him in a bottom six role.

I like DeBrusk on the 2nd line. Kurauly has played very well and if they can add one more piece on the wing, I’ll feel exponentially better about the scoring depth.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Should have been about 5-1, Bruins were in control right from puck drop.

Buffalo doesn't have much after Eichel and Skinner.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
"He's probably laughing after that first goal was disallowed," Wagner said with a smile as he remembered his late grandad, Jim Phelan of Norwood, who passed away on Friday morning.
Wagner was, no doubt, playing with some added purpose and plenty of emotion, thus it was no surprise when the 27-year-old popped one in for real just under 10 minutes later to open the scoring in Boston's 2-1 victory over the Sabres at TD Garden.
"This was a special game for me. Maybe he was watching out for me, making the puck follow me around. Who knows? He would drive me around when my parents couldn't, went to all my games, watched all these games even up until the Winter Classic the other day, so it means a lot," said Wagner, who pointed skyward during both celebrations in tribute of his maternal grandfather.
"I was giving him a little tribute. He would probably be a little upset that I even acknowledged him. He was a humble guy and I'm going to miss him a lot."

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
I wonder how many times " Grandpa" drove Wagner to games and practices or played in the driveway. In the world of hockey ...God bless Grandpas and all that "Spare time " they enjoyed committing to Grandsons , and Granddaughters for that matter , trying to realize their dreams .Heavy heart lacing them up yesterday for the lad I suspect .When he gets amoungst his family , they'll all know why he was #1 star yesterday .RIP...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hi ! I’m new here !! Very happy with the win and the way the Bruins have been playing lately. Too bad Rask didn’t get a SO but it was a good game overall
Welcome to the board !

A guy in the front row said : I hope Tuukka gets a SO". He jinxed it. It is his fault there was no SO! .

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
''A month ago Sabre’s message boarders:
We’re the best team in the league!
Now:
Dahlin should be in the AHL.''

...but seriously, glad Wagner got 1 (2); we controlled this game from the very first second, secondary scoring is back.

I like Backes, he's a much better player now than back in October and November - play does not die on his stick and he doesn't run out of gas immediately in the o zone.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins are looking good! Tuukka seems to be back in his zone and even got an assist!! I think Halak got an assist recently....goalie wars! That fourth line looked great and the top line couldn't buy a goal last night.

I used to keep track of disallowed goals but this season seems to be the worst so far.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
''A month ago Sabre’s message boarders:
We’re the best team in the league!
Now:
Dahlin should be in the AHL.''

...but seriously, glad Wagner got 1 (2); we controlled this game from the very first second, secondary scoring is back.

I like Backes, he's a much better player now than back in October and November - play does not die on his stick and he doesn't run out of gas immediately in the o zone.

sounds like this place.
after we lost to buffalo a couple weeks ago everyone said we were done. lol

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins hold off Sabres - The Boston Globe

A mere four days removed from the pomp and pageantry of the Winter Classic, the Bruins staged their workingman’s Wagner Classic Saturday night in a convincing 2-1 win over the Sabres at TD Garden.
The victory, their fourth in a row, had Walpole’s Chris Wagner, his Boston accent as fixed as Old Ironsides in the Harbah, knocking home one of the two goals and otherwise owning the Causeway Street sheet as if he claimed it by eminent domain.
It was a remarkable, bold performance, particularly around the net, Wagner rolling up a half-dozen shots on goalie Linus Ullmark in the two periods — more than triple his average output this season. He hit, he shot, he scored . . . in all, a fitting tribute to his maternal grandfather, Jim Phelan, who passed away Friday morning.
“So this was a special game for me,” said Wagner, 27, recalling that his grandfather often shuttled him to games around the Bay State in his youth. “Maybe he was watching out for me, making the puck follow me around, who knows?”

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
You know, I just realized earlier looking at the GDT that Okposo appears to be on Buffalo's fourth line.

Is he really not playing that well? I always wanted the guy. Thought he was super skilled. Or skilled enough to cement the top 6 anyway. Has he fallen off of a cliff or something?

Yes. He has not been the same since overcoming his concussion issues. Which were pretty serious. There is an article out there of what he went through. He is happy to be alive and playing.

Not sure a change of scenery would help him, he seems to have lost his ability to adjust to the games changes over the last few years, IMO.

Adendum: Back from the abyss: Kyle Okposo opens up about the darkest...

Reactions: Krupp

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
apparently Acciari had a good game? I missed the game thus I cannot count his performance and use it as a reason for me to eat crow, if I don`t see it happen live, it didn`t happen:laugh:

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Welcome to the board !

A guy in the front row said : I hope Tuukka gets a SO". He jinxed it. It is his fault there was no SO! .
Been there , done that ......My son has made me sit in the bathroom after jinxy comments didnt work out watching the tube .We've played some inspired hockey , apparently , while I've sat on the throne...." A Bruins Tale " of sorts

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Really hope Butch keeps Donato-JFK-Heinen together. They show great chemistry. Goals will come.
I do too. Donato is starting to play with more strength and is battling harder. JFK is going to be a good one. I think this team is pretty well set with 3 out of its 4 lines. Second line scoring winger continues to be the biggest team need, as it has been for several years now. Solve that issue and this team will be pretty dang tough to beat in the playoffs, assuming the kid line continues to develop chemistry and improve.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I do too. Donato is starting to play with more strength and is battling harder. JFK is going to be a good one. I think this team is pretty well set with 3 out of its 4 lines. Second line scoring winger continues to be the biggest team need, as it has been for several years now. Solve that issue and this team will be pretty dang tough to beat in the playoffs, assuming the kid line continues to develop chemistry and improve.
Yeah it will be interesting to see ( assuming they are together) how they do against Washington and Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00