GDT: Game 42 4pm @ Montreal start of 2nd half

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
https://x.com/sheng_peng/status/1745646665367708103?s=46&t=LpF7XwZ7gM0XqT5_eJzGuw

He gets such a bad rap here but he’s undeniably the leader of this team.

Leaders come and go. Guys rise up and take the reins. I do hope a GM sees this and says Wow, what a leader, calling a team dinner, talking bout why you play the game cause you love being around your teammates, hey let's trade a 2nd in a weak draft for him. Heck give him to @rt already, don't deprive that man.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
https://x.com/sheng_peng/status/1745646665367708103?s=46&t=LpF7XwZ7gM0XqT5_eJzGuw

He gets such a bad rap here but he’s undeniably the leader of this team.
I think a lot of folks (myself included) definitely think he's a great locker room and team guy. And his effort is awesome.

He's just being asked too much. But it's admirable how hard he continues to work and how much he cares about the team, for sure. My problem is only with his play on the ice, because of what he's being asked to do. I would love a Ferraro on a team as the 5/6th D, or even 4th D with a really good partner.

As it is where we are in our tear down / rebuild cycle, either we can move him at the deadline/offseason for some exciting pieces, or we keep him to help lead the youngsters through the darkness.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
welp sorry guys, i didnt watch so of course they won. i will need to redouble my effort to do my part to help us get Celebrini.

Reactions: tahoesharksfan

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
So I didn't SNOG tonight and we got a win. Maybe I'll lay off those for awhile....and 3/2 is my most common SNOG.

Actually, surprisingly cohesive effort by the team tonight. Good to see that Blackwood actually got some support for a change. Not sure if Quinn actually had a clue or just wanted to move people around but it at least made things a little more entertaining!

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think a lot of folks (myself included) definitely think he's a great locker room and team guy. And his effort is awesome.

He's just being asked too much. But it's admirable how hard he continues to work and how much he cares about the team, for sure. My problem is only with his play on the ice, because of what he's being asked to do. I would love a Ferraro on a team as the 5/6th D, or even 4th D with a really good partner.

As it is where we are in our tear down / rebuild cycle, either we can move him at the deadline/offseason for some exciting pieces, or we keep him to help lead the youngsters through the darkness.
I’m honestly starting to believe that trading him would be really bad for the team beyond what happens on the ice.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

SuperStarFerraro

Jun 21, 2018
Vlasic sucks, all these other plugs can go as well, like Duclair, Hoffman, Barabanov and Labanc… good riddance. This team without Hertl would
Be getting torched 20 + Losing streak for sure.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I’m honestly starting to believe that trading him would be really bad for the team beyond what happens on the ice.
Im kind of with you there but the team is in a tough spot. They ahve a 5/4 guy playing top pairing and hes one of the few with some trade value.

Reactions: Sandisfan

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So I didn't SNOG tonight and we got a win. Maybe I'll lay off those for awhile....and 3/2 is my most common SNOG.
backtowork.gif

:sarcasm:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Im kind of with you there but the team is in a tough spot. They ahve a 5/4 guy playing top pairing and hes one of the few with some trade value.
And replace him with what? You know why he’s being asked to do too much? It’s because what else we have is so so much worse. At this point he’s more the heart and soul of this time than anyone else. And before anyone complains about how “it means nothing if he’s struggling on the ice”, I can’t imagine the full blown mutiny without someone there trying to keep the team mentally stable during these times.

Guys a turnover machine… he makes some good plays every now and then… but if you can get a 2nd for him you do it and don’t think twice.
I’ll think once and say no.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
And replace him with what? You know why he’s being asked to do too much? It’s because what else we have is so so much worse. At this point he’s more the heart and soul of this time than anyone else. And before anyone complains about how “it means nothing if he’s struggling on the ice”, I can’t imagine the full blown mutiny without someone there trying to keep the team mentally stable during these times.
Who cares? Ferraro won't be around when the Sharks are competitive again regardless. If some team is willing to meet our price (preferably a 1st but at least two 2nds) we should trade him and move on. Rutta, Burroughs, Vlasic...any of these guys can take over for Ferraro. We're trying to lose games.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who cares? Ferraro won't be around when the Sharks are competitive again regardless. If some team is willing to meet our price (preferably a 1st but at least two 2nds) we should trade him and move on. Rutta, Burroughs, Vlasic...any of these guys can take over for Ferraro. We're trying to lose games.
I mostly agree. I just don't see a deal out there where the Sharks get a 1st out of Ferraro unless we're taking a sizable cap dump as well or sending with Ferraro a mid or late round draft pick. I also think we can get the 2 2nd round pick ask at any point during the remainder of his contract so it's a matter of risk/reward. With Ferraro taking as many pucks as he does, I'm not confident that he'll stay healthy as he gets older so I'd prefer to move him sooner rather than later even with his leadership qualities.

I think I'd wait to move Ferraro until after the draft and use him to load up more on the 2025 draft unless a 1st is on the table somewhere somehow. If we do move Ferraro this offseason, I would consider keeping Vlasic for next year even with him not playing much and being a pretty clear buyout candidate.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They’re losing games but at a certain point you need guys to help keep the locker room sane. You do still have young guys in there that may be part of the future (this year and next) and I don’t really see Vlasic as someone who’s interested in mentoring. Also there is absolutely no reason to trade him this year if we do trade him at all. Frankly what’s a high second even going to do when basically all of our defense is made up of guys that busted out after being drafted more or less in the same range (Ember was a low third, Addison a second, Ohkotiuk a high second, Thrun a low Fourth etc).

think I'd wait to move Ferraro until after the draft and use him to load up more on the 2025 draft unless a 1st is on the table somewhere somehow. If we do move Ferraro this offseason, I would consider keeping Vlasic for next year even with him not playing much and being a pretty clear buyout candidate.
Vlasic is so mentally checked out that he’s almost not even on the team anymore. It’s quite sad how little he cares about his legacy anymore.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I mostly agree. I just don't see a deal out there where the Sharks get a 1st out of Ferraro unless we're taking a sizable cap dump as well or sending with Ferraro a mid or late round draft pick. I also think we can get the 2 2nd round pick ask at any point during the remainder of his contract so it's a matter of risk/reward. With Ferraro taking as many pucks as he does, I'm not confident that he'll stay healthy as he gets older so I'd prefer to move him sooner rather than later even with his leadership qualities.

I think I'd wait to move Ferraro until after the draft and use him to load up more on the 2025 draft unless a 1st is on the table somewhere somehow. If we do move Ferraro this offseason, I would consider keeping Vlasic for next year even with him not playing much and being a pretty clear buyout candidate.
If one of our pending UFAs was playing a little better we might be able to package him with Ferraro to get a 1st. Something like Ferraro and Duclair to the Islanders for their 1st. Doesn't seem like any of our UFAs will have much value though.

They’re losing games but at a certain point you need guys to help keep the locker room sane. You do still have young guys in there that may be part of the future (this year and next) and I don’t really see Vlasic as someone who’s interested in mentoring. Also there is absolutely no reason to trade him this year if we do trade him at all. Frankly what’s a high second even going to do when basically all of our defense is made up of guys that busted out after being drafted more or less in the same range (Ember was a low third, Addison a second, Ohkotiuk a high second, Thrun a low Fourth etc).

Vlasic is so mentally checked out that he’s almost not even on the team anymore. It’s quite sad how little he cares about his legacy anymore.
We have young guy. Singular. Eklund will still have Hertl, Zetterlund, Sturm, etc. as mentors or whatever. Nobody else on this roster is worth giving a shit about. Most of them will not be in the organization after this season.

Reactions: DG93

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Fair enough but there will be some solid free agent options we can overpay for and use in Ferraro and/or Vlasic's place too. I'm only opposed to buying out Vlasic because I want his cap hit off the Sharks as quickly as possible. I'd rather pay more for him to be a #7 the next two years than pay him for four seasons at a reduced rate. Eat the bad deal while they're still going to be bad and have cap flexibility.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Fair enough but there will be some solid free agent options we can overpay for and use in Ferraro and/or Vlasic's place too. I'm only opposed to buying out Vlasic because I want his cap hit off the Sharks as quickly as possible. I'd rather pay more for him to be a #7 the next two years than pay him for four seasons at a reduced rate. Eat the bad deal while they're still going to be bad and have cap flexibility.
Frankly, I wouldn't trust any player that opts to come to this train wreck of an organization because we gave him more money than anyone else to be a leader.

If anything it's going to be the same song and dance year in and year out for the next three years: bringing in discarded vets no one else wants in the hopes of a resurrection of sorts. Who could possibly thrive in that atmosphere??

Now, if they somehow luck Into Celebrini then you at least have a selling point to marquee FAs aside from cash.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Frankly, I wouldn't trust any player that opts to come to this train wreck of an organization because we gave him more money than anyone else to be a leader.

If anything it's going to be the same song and dance year in and year out for the next three years: bringing in discarded vets no one else wants in the hopes of a resurrection of sorts. Who could possibly thrive in that atmosphere??

Now, if they somehow luck Into Celebrini then you at least have a selling point to marquee FAs aside from cash.
Once we accumulate a pick surplus by moving assets like Ferraro we can trade some of those picks for whichever young players become available. I've used Dante Fabbro as an example a lot because of the Quinn/BU connection but Nashville will probably trade him this offseason. Rangers will have a tough time keeping K'Andre Miller next summer when Shesterkin and Lafreniere are also up for new contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad