GDT: Game #41 | Wings @ Sharks | 10:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Smith is playing well right now. Hard to sit him. Ericsson could be sat but he needs to be playing games. Maybe send him down to GR for conditioning?

I'd be for that. I *think* players need to be on board with conditioning stints though...I know Bernier had to give the OK to the Leafs when they sent him down. Not sure how Ericsson would feel about that.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I'd be for that. I *think* players need to be on board with conditioning stints though...I know Bernier had to give the OK to the Leafs when they sent him down. Not sure how Ericsson would feel about that.

bernier wasnt protected by thew swedish mafia on his team

completely different locker room cultures

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009

Do we really think that's a huge issue? Not saying it couldn't be...but I mean Z is the damn captain of this team, I would think he's a bit more mature than that. Same goes for Kronner. Nyquist isn't really in a position to be sulking about his underperforming countrymen getting traded or sent down.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

I know you're probably joking around, but Gustavsson was down on a conditioning stint the other year.. just like Bernier.

The league would most likely interfere and call this circumvention anyway since it potentially helps us from having to waive or send somebody else down, albeit for a short amount of time. Ericsson has played in 35 of 40 games so I would see it as likely the league would not give a thumbs up to that conditioning stint.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I live in San Jose now and going to the game tonight. Excited to see Larkin in person. Hoping for a good win like last year.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Would love to see Blashill's face pasted onto Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder, Simple Jeff. Because he is seriously going full re**rd with those D lines.

Seriously? Ericsson's back on the 1st pair? And Green now on the 3rd?

We know Kronwall-Green works decently, DeKeyser-Ericsson is good too. Smith-Marchenko works. WTF is so hard about that?!

Kronwall-Green
DeKeyser-Ericsson
Smith-Marchenko

Or maybe try Marchenko on that 1st pair with Kronwall, he's led the team in IT a few times recently. Or give Smith a shot with Kronwall, he's done well there in the past and he's been playing good hockey lately.

Kronwall-Marchenko
DeKeyser-Green
Ericsson-Smith

Kronwall-Green
DeKeyser-Smith
Ericsson-Marchenko

Kronwall-Smith
DeKeyser-Green
Ericsson-Marchenko

There are so many possible pairings that don't involve putting Ericsson on the top pair. The level of play on the top pair is too much for Ericsson to handle, this has been demonstrated time and again for YEARS now. Why must our coaches be so stubborn?:help:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I live in San Jose now and going to the game tonight. Excited to see Larkin in person. Hoping for a good win like last year.

From a fellow out-of-Detroit Wings fan, I hope they give you a better show than they gave me last week in Winnipeg!:laugh:

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Man, remember when we'd have 15+ of these God-awful 1030pm starts a season? Sometimes two or three in a row? Oof.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Maybe Ericsson will get demoted within the first second

I mean just a couple games ago he almost gave a goal to the other team because he can't skate. He does this 5-10 times a year it's ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad