GDT: Game 41: Seattle Kraken(24-12-4) @ Boston Bruins(32-4-4) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I'm honestly not surprised that 7 games in a row to start a road trip has never been done before. 7 road games in a row isn't all that common in the first place. However, it's an impressive achievement... Just take a look at those teams though. Wow!! That's some company! 3 eventual Stanley Cup winners and another finalist.

2016 Sharks - Cup Finals
2011 Bruins - Cup Winners
2008 Flames - Playoffs
2002 Wings - Cup Winners
1983 Flyers - Playoffs
1972 Bruins - Cup Winners

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
As a Bruins fan, hats off on the win last night. Seattle has been one of the top road teams this year and they showed it last night. Not only are the only team to beat Boston in regulation at home, but they also are the only team to have shutout Boston this year.

Truly the Bruins are an old team except for Pastrnak and few others. They are on their last legs and are pouring everything in this last season

I wouldn't say they're an old team, but I guess it depends on what you deem "old" in your eyes. For me it used to be 30 or over was old. Now you see more players playing later into their life. To me I consider old to be 34-35 yrs old. Going on that Boston still have:

Hall - 31yo
Coyle - 30yo
Grzelcyk - 29yo
Lindholm - 29yo
Ullmark - 29yo
Carlo - 26yo
Pastrnak - 26yo
McAvoy - 25yo
Zacha - 25yo
Frederic - 24yo
Swayman - 24yo

That's three top 6 forwards, two bottom 6 forwards, top 4 of your defense & a pair of goalies. They do have a few good prospects. Not names that people drool over, but guys like Lysell & Lohrei look like they can be big impact players if they hit their potential. Then there is another group of prospects maybe 4-6 guys that could range from middle six fwd/bottom 4 to depth regular.

I don't think Boston is in as bad of shape of people think they are.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I'm honestly not surprised that 7 games in a row to start a road trip has never been done before. 7 road games in a row isn't all that common in the first place. However, it's an impressive achievement... Just take a look at those teams though. Wow!! That's some company! 3 eventual Stanley Cup winners and another finalist.

2016 Sharks - Cup Finals
2011 Bruins - Cup Winners
2008 Flames - Playoffs
2002 Wings - Cup Winners
1983 Flyers - Playoffs
1972 Bruins - Cup Winners
With the way the main board consensus has went from us being in the Bedard sweepstakes preseason to now being first year Vegas and going to the Stanley cup final (especially after last night) nothing would shock me.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As a Bruins fan, hats off on the win last night. Seattle has been one of the top road teams this year and they showed it last night. Not only are the only team to beat Boston in regulation at home, but they also are the only team to have shutout Boston this year.

I wouldn't say they're an old team, but I guess it depends on what you deem "old" in your eyes. For me it used to be 30 or over was old. Now you see more players playing later into their life. To me I consider old to be 34-35 yrs old. Going on that Boston still have:

Hall - 31yo
Coyle - 30yo
Grzelcyk - 29yo
Lindholm - 29yo
Ullmark - 29yo
Carlo - 26yo
Pastrnak - 26yo
McAvoy - 25yo
Zacha - 25yo
Frederic - 24yo
Swayman - 24yo

That's three top 6 forwards, two bottom 6 forwards, top 4 of your defense & a pair of goalies. They do have a few good prospects. Not names that people drool over, but guys like Lysell & Lohrei look like they can be big impact players if they hit their potential. Then there is another group of prospects maybe 4-6 guys that could range from middle six fwd/bottom 4 to depth regular.

Yeah. That really looks like a young enough core to me. I am pretty sure Pasta re-signs there as well but that team will look a lot different if Bergeron retires and Pasta signs elsewhere.

Reactions: ON3M4N

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
With the way the main board consensus has went from us being in the Bedard sweepstakes preseason to now being first year Vegas and going to the Stanley cup final (especially after last night) nothing would shock me.

I'm still TOTALLY holding my breath about the playoffs though. SOMEBODY HELP ME! hahaha

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

Hall - 31yo
Coyle - 30yo
Grzelcyk - 29yo
Lindholm - 29yo
Ullmark - 29yo
Carlo - 26yo
Pastrnak - 26yo
McAvoy - 25yo
Zacha - 25yo
Frederic - 24yo
Swayman - 24yo

I thought people were crazy for writing off the Bruins this off-season. Of course, NOBODY thought they'd be this good. I don't see a situation where the Bruins aren't at the very worst competing for a playoff spot for a VERY long time. They have a very solid young core, a front office with a STELLAR reputation, it's a team that players want to play for. There's a lot of reasons that the Bruins will probably be good for a while.

The team I incorrectly wrote off was Washington, and I correctly wrote off Florida, but the Bruins were going to be a playoff team this year and probably will be for a while, especially if they re-sign Pastrnak.

Reactions: ON3M4N

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm still TOTALLY holding my breath about the playoffs though. SOMEBODY HELP ME! hahaha
I think we just got to enjoy the ride. It is a little stressful for sure but with the good prospects we have it is genuinely exciting looking forward to the future, whether we make the playoffs or not.

One thing that is important for us to remember that we are on a winning "streak". This will inevitably end and we will lose a few games to both good teams and bad teams.

Reactions: Bradely

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Same. Trying to keep my expectations down. We're still due a few more bumps in the road. Get the wild card assured by putting as much space as possible in front of Edmonton who have a relatively easy remaining schedule. Then focus on the division if it's still in reach. Think it will be a nice small monkey to have off our backs getting into the play offs. From there win your first play off game, focus on winning a play off series then see where you go from there.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
PLAYOFFFS?!

We talkin bout playoffs? We sitting here I'm supposed to be the franchise player and we in here talkin bout playoffs? Not a road game, not a, not a road game where I go out there and die for and get 7 straight wins. Not a road game. We talkin bout playoffs. What are we talkin bout, man?

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
One of the things that I noticed about the Kraken, none of the guys are starry-eyed during these streaks. They all seem so even-keeled...and I think that's why they have done so well so far. Never get too high...never get too low. Take it all in stride and focus on the next game. They might not fight for the top spots in the West, but I feel pretty confident that we're on the right playoff trajectory. The entire team is getting better playing together and it is showing. The defense is slowly getting better...even though there are still some disappointing lapses. The offense is definitely improving...due to overall team skill increase and increased comfortability with each other.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Yeah. That really looks like a young enough core to me. I am pretty sure Pasta re-signs there as well but that team will look a lot different if Bergeron retires and Pasta signs elsewhere.
Ya, Marchand, Bergeron and Krejci is why they get called "old" but those are 3 key players to their success or failure. Most years when their cup runs failed Bergeron and Marchand were banged up and limping through the playoffs. A long run against fast teams will be tough for them to handle but the real difference this year for them has been Ullmark and Lindholm.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
One of the things that I noticed about the Kraken, none of the guys are starry-eyed during these streaks. They all seem so even-keeled...and I think that's why they have done so well so far. Never get too high...never get too low. Take it all in stride and focus on the next game. They might not fight for the top spots in the West, but I feel pretty confident that we're on the right playoff trajectory. The entire team is getting better playing together and it is showing. The defense is slowly getting better...even though there are still some disappointing lapses. The offense is definitely improving...due to overall team skill increase and increased comfortability with each other.
I wonder with last year's record and media pre season expectations that it keeps them both humble and with a chip on their shoulder to keep them motivated. Hearing Beniers interviewed it sounds like he just goes home/back to his hotel and plays Mario Kart all night to shut out the noise :D. Even some of the compliments they are getting are a little back handed 'no stars but a solid team stacked full of third line talent playing their butts off in a system' has been said more than once. If i'm someone like Beniers i'd be using that as motivation and be thinking eff that i'm going to be a star.

Last edited:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Feel like in Seattle sports team hierarchy this year it's been:

Seahawks- completely unexpected this year, happy to be there but no real expectation post this week, future is bright etc. Wilson and the Broncos sucking was probably as big a story with us getting a top 5 pick.
Mariners- heart attack stuff. So stressful, every game near the end felt like there was so much at stake to break the 20+ year drought. Play offs were awesome but again stressful. That Toronto wild card game was something else.
Sounders, Reign, Storm- playoffs/long play off runs are usually expected. Disappointing if not.
Husky football- there was no real expectation this year. Rebuild was beyond anyone's expectations- beating the Ducks, Cougs and Spartans was awesome. Maybe some disappointment at not making the Pac12 championship/Rose bowl but pride was restored.
Husky basketball- in the toilet.

Kraken is maybe in between seahawks and mariners. Would be happy to be in given preseason expectations. If they keep this going I may be disappointed if they don't go on a play off run, if they fall off a cliff form wise I might be bummed we missed out on play offs. If they keep playing well the hype will really build in the city though.

Last edited:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I think we just got to enjoy the ride. It is a little stressful for sure but with the good prospects we have it is genuinely exciting looking forward to the future, whether we make the playoffs or not.

One thing that is important for us to remember that we are on a winning "streak". This will inevitably end and we will lose a few games to both good teams and bad teams.
You nail it.... entertaining is what hockey is, we need not to forget. You guys are on a great season and currently stretch. Kraken plays the right way.... enjoy.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Well, most HF posters are fools and don't watch anyone else.

Anyone that watched Beniers at the WJC / Olympics and the time he had in the NHL knew what was coming.
Are you still as confident on Wright? Some of your initial prediction was on him performing in year 1.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Listened to the highlights from yesterdays game against the Bruins. I think I found someone doing Play-By-Play as bad as Leah Hextall. Its hockey man not like watching paint dry put some passion into the game. Thank God for John Forslund,JT and E Olcyzk especially Johnny who is unique,entertaining and intertesting

I was never super high on Wright, just that if he was a 50 pt C that would help. I didn't see Burky being as good as he has been.

Wright seems like he'll be an NHLer, but looking more like a 2/3C.
I wouldn't be bad to start Wright on the 4th line Centre and let him progress from there. 4 lines and 6 solid D and fine goaltending win in the NHL today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad