GDT: Game 41: Seattle Kraken(24-12-4) @ Boston Bruins(32-4-4) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After winning their first five of their seven game road trip the Kraken are headed to Boton to face the league leading Boston Bruins.

The Kraken, so far this season, have shown that they're to be taken seriusly and arre one of the best road teams of the league, given their 14-4-2 record away from home.

The Bruins, ont he other hand, are still unbeaten in regulation at home and are leading the league trying to make the best out of the potential last horay of Patrice Bergeron.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
TD Garden, Boston, MA

td-garden.jpg

When?
04:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 pm. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, NESN
------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Play smart and structured on defense

The Bruins are the top scoring team in the NHL and are able to light you up if you don't show up on defense.
The Kraken will need to play smart(stay out of the box) and yet physical enough to keep up with the veteran Bruins who know every trick in the book.

2) Penalty Kill, yeah, still....

giphy.gif

3) Keep on rolling, all those lines
Just do that.
The team has been clicking since the new year started and especially on this road trip they've had contributions from everyone.
Rinse & Repeat.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 11(G) - 24(A) ---> 35 points
Jordan Eberle: 10(G) - 24(A) ---> 34 points
Matty Beniers: 16(G) - 18(A) ---> 34 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 24:04 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:35 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 19:13 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Martin Jones: 19-5-3 / .894(SV%) / 2.78 GAA
Philipp Grubauer: 4-7-1 / .885(SV%) / 3.49 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 1-0-0 / .900(SV%) / 4.00 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
David Pastrnak:: 32(G) - 26(A) ---> 58 points
Brad Marchand: 13(G) - 24(A) ---> 37 points
Patrice Bergeron: 15(G) - 18(A) ---> 33 points

Work Load:
Hampus Lindholm: 23:47 TOI/Game
Charlie McAvoy: 22:52 TOI/Game
David Pastrnak: 19:48 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Linus Ullmark: 22-1-1 / .938(SV%) / 1.87 GAA
Jeremy Swayman: 9-3-1 / .905(SV%) / 2.51 GAA
Keith Kinkaid: 1-0-0 / .968(SV%) / 1.00 GAA
-------------------------------------------------

This should be a very interesting one.

The Kraken will be going into TD Garden against the big, bad Bruins who're unbeaten in regulation at home and have been incredibly tough to beat at all.
The boys will have to be on their best to have any chance against that team in their building.

So let's see if the good guys are up for this one, even on game six of a seven game road trip, and as always....
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
A real test. If i'm being honest this is one of the few acceptable losses and my expectations are low (assuming we beat Chicago in the last road trip game).

If we win though I feel pretty damn good about a potential play off run and that we can beat anyone.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Realistically, the Bruins will have to have a really bad game for the Kraken to win this one. They are deep so rolling lines gives no advantage. Pasternak is on fire and their PP can be lethal. I think DeBrusk is injured so that's about all we have going for us in this one. If Beniers can actually put up ANY points against Bergeron, well, he's definitely headed for stardom then (which he might be anyway).
Goalie has to steal one for a shot imo. Otherwise a hard crash landing back to earth.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Definitely in the "acceptable loss category", but that goes for every team in the league. I'd really like the Kraken to be the exception.

All we know about the Kraken against good teams this year is that we know they can be anything.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Halfway through the season and the Bruins have lost but four games in regulation. That's damn impressive. Quite the test for the Kraken.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
One thing that gives me hope. The Bruins play the Leafs on Saturday in a prime time game. Could they overlook us with one eye on that? Probably not but one can hope.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Another power play opportunity. Better luck this time perhaps.

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
The first powerplay gave us the momentum briefly.
Hopefully that happens again with the 2nd powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad