GDT: Game 41: San Jose Sharks vs Montreal Canadiens 1/11/24 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690: The Return of Mike Hoffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
pcJ387L.jpg

YGGy6DX.jpg

fZEqbCE.jpg

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Please let this game be better than yesterday. I’m not doing 3 periods of that again.

I want to see Suzuki and Caufield get it going tonight… last night was hard to watch. Other than the Caufield pass to Slafkovsky for the breakaway, there wasn’t much positive to take from their game.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Sharkies for the win, because they always win in the house and the Habs played so much like shit last night that I doubt they got better overnight, with limited sleep.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Our forwards are bad guys..............maybe RHP can have some jump and help.............if not for our high scoring Dmen, imagine how bad we would be???
Highest team scoring from Dmen...........and worst forward group. All the while being coached by MSL??
I know Dach and Newhook would make a big difference but wow......
Leafs got 7 on these guys...............we should get 5...................

Watching RHP will make this game worth it
With all due respect..............that's the standard? Let's hope he can jumpstart the offence....

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nice to see RHP back. I don't think he was having a bad start to the season, he was overwhelmed being on the top line because that's not who he is.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Our forwards are bad guys..............maybe RHP can have some jump and help.............if not for our high scoring Dmen, imagine how bad we would be???
Highest team scoring from Dmen...........and worst forward group. All the while being coached by MSL??
I know Dach and Newhook would make a big difference but wow......
Leafs got 7 on these guys...............we should get 5...................

With all due respect..............that's the standard? Let's hope he can jumpstart the offence....

The hockey isnt great. Dont think anyone disagrees with that. But watching individuals players (Slaf, Struble, Suzuki, Monty, Primeau, etc...) start to figure it out individually and on thier lines with eachother is the reason I watch this year.

Gotta set your expectations realistically to what we are and thats a young team trying almost every night with great goalies.

RHP also has to prove that his around 30+ shooting % last year wasn't that much of an overexaggerating of his actual potential.

My standard is watching what could be our collective potential. The will we or wont we win or even make the playoffs are just extra fun storylines to follow.

Jul 6, 2016
Oh please Zadina.. Fill our nets! :laugh:
Hoffman will take care of the Habs....:sarcasm:

The hockey isnt great. Dont think anyone disagrees with that. But watching individuals players (Slaf, Struble, Suzuki, Monty, Primeau, etc...) start to figure it out individually and on thier lines with eachother is the reason I watch this year.

Gotta set your expectations realistically to what we are and thats a young team trying almost every night with great goalies.

RHP also has to prove that his around 30+ shooting % last year wasn't that much of an overexaggerating of his actual potential.

My standard is watching what could be our collective potential. The will we or wont we win or even make the playoffs are just extra fun storylines to follow.
This team has no real system. It's rellying a lot on individual performances and some "once in a while" collective effort.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
This team has no real system. It's rellying a lot on individual performances and some "once in a while" collective effort.
Thats a philosophy that MSL uses. He's teaching them to play approaches to each situation. We've tried systems for decades, especially boring defensive ones. Im good with giving this a try and it may take a few years and glaring mistakes given the ages of the kids and experience of the coach. At least its more exciting to watch.

and if we lose...higher draft pick. If we win...who knows? a bunch of kids in the playoffs..
Win-Win

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good to see RHP back. Hopefully this begins a new quality chapter in a mediocre season so far.

I imagine we get our 9th regulation win today. Montembeault is in net, and team usually plays well for him.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If we had shown up for the flyers, I could totally see a terrible game from the habs ahead, but instead I bet they come out and play well because they laid an egg against philly

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad