GDT: Game 41: Red Wings vs oilers 7:00 pm et 1/11/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oilers were better, but I also don't think they dominated to the extent of the shot clock. Lyon was very good tonight. Also thought, Seider and Walman played well.

Really dislike Perron on the Larkin line. He basically is just slowly skating around all night, when he isn't falling down or taking a dumb penalty, or getting away with a dumb penalty. Larkin had an off night, as did Kane in my opinion.

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
No joke I knew a buster once. He went to med school at Wayne st. So, somewhere out there, there is a Dr. Buster hyman. I would have loved to meet his parents.
When I was in basic training, many eons ago, one of the other guys in the unit was named Paul Bearer. Parents can be weird.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Lyon is 6th in save percentage now. If we stick with him as the starter the rest of the year, I think we have chance of playoffs. His play is a huge upgrade over what we had in the first half of the season.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The game yesterday was a great one, even though the Red Wings only came out with a point. Seider had a great game, matching up against McDavid and being physical with him, which really trew 97 for a loop. Walman had some great blocks and Lyon almost single-handedly stole the game.

Like others said, Perron on a line with Larkin isn't working. Time to try something new, I think that Sprong would be great.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Seemed to get dominated to me and I was at the game. No one thought it was neat watching Lyon stop a ton of shots.

Who got lippy with Seider? Ryan Nugent Hopkins? Someone almost got whooped. I just couldn't figure out the Oiler player.

Turn the page on that one, wow, lucky to get a point, thank goodness Lyon was in net. He made some seriously good stops all night.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Seemed to get dominated to me and I was at the game. No one thought it was neat watching Lyon stop a ton of shots.

Who got lippy with Seider? Ryan Nugent Hopkins? Someone almost got whooped. I just couldn't figure out the Oiler player.

Turn the page on that one, wow, lucky to get a point, thank goodness Lyon was in net. He made some seriously good stops all night.
Yeah it was Nuge.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Oilers were better, but I also don't think they dominated to the extent of the shot clock. Lyon was very good tonight. Also thought, Seider and Walman played well.

Really dislike Perron on the Larkin line. He basically is just slowly skating around all night, when he isn't falling down or taking a dumb penalty, or getting away with a dumb penalty. Larkin had an off night, as did Kane in my opinion.

Kane looked consistently dangerous for us. He had a good game that I think would have been explosive if he scored a goal in the 1st instead of hitting the crossbar.

Larkin was matched against McDavid. He and Seider did a good job of mostly shutting McDavid down until near the end of the 3rd when that little snafu happened at the blueline. Messy management from the bench.

Agree on Perron. While I'd love to keep him for his veteran presence, he's not all that useful as a player right now. Maybe we send him back to St. Louis for a song at the TDL and he retires a blues player?

Also, the ice at LCA is inexcusably awful. Several other NHL teams share arenas with basketball teams but the ice isn't as bad. What the hell is going on in LCA that makes the ice so bad?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Also, the ice at LCA is inexcusably awful. Several other NHL teams share arenas with basketball teams but the ice isn't as bad. What the hell is going on in LCA that makes the ice so bad?
It's all the craters from Gores launching random objects with the T-shirt cannon.

Oh wait. He's have to actually show up to do that.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I liked Seider's overall physicality last night. He is a much better defender when he add physicality to his game. He's good at using stick checking to defend but he isn't Lidstrom. It's one thing to defend a two on one that way, another to try and stick check along the boards. He's done that a lot more this year and it has been a major detriment to his defensive game.

Walman had a pretty good game defensively too. He has looked much better defensively recently and that is huge for that pairing. I think he and Seider got a little too wrapped up in joining the rush this year.

Larkin made some really bone headed mistakes last night, but I'll give the guy an off night when defending the best offensive player in the game.

Lyon was fantastic and should be the starter go forward. He made numerous big saves last night. While I think the Wings did a decent job keeping a lot of chances to the outside, Lyon was still the reason the Oilers didn't have 4 or 5 goals. That is a very dangerous offensive team and Lyon made saves last night that would usually be goals against the like of McDavid, Kane, Drai, RNH, Hyman etc.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What do you guys want for the goalie?
Conor's mom

Lyon is 6th in save percentage now. If we stick with him as the starter the rest of the year, I think we have chance of playoffs. His play is a huge upgrade over what we had in the first half of the season.
Yup, that's what I said early in the season. Fester is stubborn and slow to make changes. You would think of all position, he'd be able to evaluate goalies since he played the position. Phys Ed degree from a SUNY school doesn't say much about his intellectual level though.

In any case, Lyon got the team a loser point, and that keeps the team in the running for a playoff spot. Considering how badly the team got hemmed in the defensive zone, it;s about all you could ask from a goaltender.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
When I was in basic training, many eons ago, one of the other guys in the unit was named Paul Bearer. Parents can be weird.
Oh, indeed. I'm just petty sure dude above was just making a joke. And a fine one, but somewhere there is a Dr. Hyman. Pretty sure he goes by his middle name. Also hope he specialized in family practice and not ob/gyn.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Oh, indeed. I'm just petty sure dude above was just making a joke. And a fine one, but somewhere there is a Dr. Hyman. Pretty sure he goes by his middle name. Also hope he specialized in family practice and not ob/gyn.
In my experience, people rarely starts jokes with, "no joke..."

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
In my experience, people rarely starts jokes with, "no joke..."
I'm a little confused, I didn't start or make a joke. I was merely commenting on the "buster" joke made earlier in thread; thus I said, "no joke" because I know an actual person by that name. I'm sorry that I find this unfortunate reality, far more funny than the intended joke.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I'm a little confused, I didn't start or make a joke. I was merely commenting on the "buster" joke made earlier in thread; thus I said, "no joke" because I know an actual person by that name. I'm sorry that I find this unfortunate reality, far more funny than the intended joke.
I was confused when I commented. Thought for some reason you referring to the guy who said, "no joke". Which you obviously weren't, sine that was you. Lol

Reactions: Astyanax

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I was confused when I commented. Thought for some reason you referring to the guy who said, "no joke". Which you obviously weren't, sine that was you. Lol
No all good. I just fear I ruined his joke by knowing a Buster Hyman, who is now a doctor. And I felt I had to share that fact.🤷‍♂️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad