GDT: Game 41: Red Wings vs oilers 7:00 pm et 1/11/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Halfway point, Walman? Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings lines in practice before hosting Oilers tomorrow at 7 on ⁦
@BallySportsDET
⁩ Perron-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong Kostin (IR) skating
.Maatta-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Gostisbehere-Holl
Walman not skating.
Lyon/Reimer

Attachments

• Screenshot (36).png
    Screenshot (36).png
    444.1 KB · Views: 3

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
When was the last time we played a game, 11 years ago? How was everyone's off-season?

Oilers have been on a hot streak, but that's gotta end soon, ideally tomorrow.
The Oilers played down to the Hawks level last night and just scored twice on 15 shots. They usually have that many shots in a period.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
View attachment 800412
View attachment 800413

Halfway point, Walman? Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings lines in practice before hosting Oilers tomorrow at 7 on ⁦
@BallySportsDET
⁩ Perron-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong Kostin (IR) skating
.Maatta-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Gostisbehere-Holl
Walman not skating.
Lyon/Reimer

All I'd change here would be to take that fourth line of Fabs-Velvet-Sprong and slide it into the second line spot, and bump the other two down to third and fourth.

I know they'd probably want Compher out there against Draisaitl, but Kane (our Kane) is a bit of a defensive liability, despite the occasional steal, so I don't see a big difference between the Compher and Veleno lines defensively. And Fabbri and Sprong are hot right now.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
All I'd change here would be to take that fourth line of Fabs-Velvet-Sprong and slide it into the second line spot, and bump the other two down to third and fourth.

I know they'd probably want Compher out there against Draisaitl, but Kane (our Kane) is a bit of a defensive liability, despite the occasional steal, so I don't see a big difference between the Compher and Veleno lines defensively. And Fabbri and Sprong are hot right now.

The Copp line is set up to be the defensive line, though the past 3 games, Sprong has been better defensively than Copp. It's like he made a New Year resolution to actually backcheck, lol. With Sprong playing better defensively, that line deserves more than 12 minutes, but Fester is slow to adjust so I'm not expecting any drastic change in ice time. Fabbri probably gets some time with Copp to keep Fischer's ice time around 10 minutes. I hope eventually Sprong gets more ice time if he continues to play this way.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Thinking about going to the game tonight. Never seen Connor McDavid live.
Give it a go! I've seen him in Edmonton live and it's well worth it.

You guys have a pretty decent team besides this year. I think you'll battle the Islanders the rest of the season for that final playoff spot and win it.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The Canadian folk balladeer Stan Rogers wrote a song called "The Idiot" about a man moved to Western Alberta to take a refinery job, whose song narrator feels that some might think him "an idiot, I suppose" for trading green spaces for steady pay. One of the most refined players in the league today is of course is Edmonton's captain Connor McDavid; and with the Wings hosting the Oilers tonight, no doubt there are a few Detroit defensemen hoping that tonight is not the night that McDavid makes them look like, well, an idiot, I suppose."

- Plausible Keats

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)

Ken Kal, paraphrasing: 'The Red Wings game plan is pretty simple -- bottle up McJesus and Draisaitl and prevent them from scoring.'

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Newsie's scribbling down notes.

I think we'll have to rely on our depth scoring tonight -- and our 3rd and particularly 4th line should feast on Edmonton's bottom 6. And we'll have to hope to remain the Ref Wings and get the benefit of all that pro-Detroit officiating to keep the Oilers from getting 5 or 6 powerplays.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Why do I find it hilarious that, of all the players to rub out Bedard, it was Brendan effing Smith?

I could listen to DDK break down plays like this for a long time.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Oilers have been I on a tear since November. They just got pissed and haven't looked back since the bad start they had. Expect McDavid to be flying all night. Gotta keep it going.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00