GDT: Game 41: Panthers @ Sabres - 1/3 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is disengenuous for the skinner deal. The sheary deal in theory shoudve been a no brainer. Granted sheary is slightly below what we hoped for (granted at the time we didnt have skinner and expected him riding eichel's coat tails). But yeah remi ellie, and Jordan nolan as the main in season adds leaves something to be desired. Looking at tonight's roster makes that apparent.

The Skinner deal, where Skinner had destination control and limited the market for suitors, thus suppressing value? It's a win, yet perhaps not as big a win as we first thought now that the details have come to light.

Elie and Nolan, Griffith last year, the known possession void that is Sobotka or the terribleness of Pouliot. The Berglund situation, still having Moulson's salary on the team, eating Pominville's salary for the last two seasons... The improvements to the consistency of the goaltending are solid steps forward, as is the improved health and welfare of the defense helped, but the forward situation is not better.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
gonna be a rough night. I'm hoping Ullmark is ready for numerous headstands.

Edit; Holy ****. I've been here 15 years today? my my; where has the time gone?

We've been here a long time, my friend.

The time stamp for me is in February, but the old board was around for something like 5 years before that. I feel it. :biglaugh:

I was wondering at my hockey fanaticism the other day while watching the fourth U20 game and I had a thought: I have had fun with it. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't e doing it and I'm done feeling guilty about something that is hurting no one and bringing me pleasure. :D

Reactions: oldgoalie

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
We've been here a long time, my friend.

The time stamp for me is in February, but the old board was around for something like 5 years before that. I feel it. :biglaugh:

I was wondering at my hockey fanaticism the other day while watching the fourth U20 game and I had a thought: I have had fun with it. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be doing it and I'm done feeling guilty about something that is hurting no one and bringing me pleasure. :D

Why I'm skipping tonight's game. :p

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Im hoping Yandle gets a little attention tonight

Also the piling on ERod is weird to me, hes outplaying Mitts

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Can’t wait to watch ERod play 20 tonight. This organization is still f***ed when it comes to player personnel decisions.

Look at a successful team like Winnipeg last year when Scheifele and and Little went down, did they move Lowry to number one centre? Ofcourse not, who the f*** would. They moved Wheeler to C. How Sam Reinhart doesn’t move to C to play with Skinner is beyond me.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Looks like the Panthers brought warm weather with them. The annual polar blast which traditionally pushes down from Canada into the northern USA midwestern states, southern Ontario, NY, PA, etc., the first full week of January isn't coming yet. Advantage: Game-attending fans!

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The Skinner deal, where Skinner had destination control and limited the market for suitors, thus suppressing value? It's a win, yet perhaps not as big a win as we first thought now that the details have come to light.

Elie and Nolan, Griffith last year, the known possession void that is Sobotka or the terribleness of Pouliot. The Berglund situation, still having Moulson's salary on the team, eating Pominville's salary for the last two seasons... The improvements to the consistency of the goaltending are solid steps forward, as is the improved health and welfare of the defense helped, but the forward situation is not better.
I'm not ready to bash Botts or Housley yet, and I rarely do hot takes. What it seems like is that we're stuck in the limbo of TM shooting for the stars, and Botts sitting on his hands during the season. Hopefully he knows if he sits on his hands at the deadline, and we fall back into sub-mediocrity, it won't play well with the fans or even the players. It's be nice to have a balance between the last 2 GM's, but I still have way more confidence in Botts patience than I did in Murray's blitzkrieg style.

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
"The" Roberto Luongo in net for the Panthers tonight.

Perhaps one away team that will not have a large fan presence in the arena (or their own) due to Sabre fans selling tickets,

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
I'm surprised Nylander was not called up with this latest injury. But they have a plan for him perhaps because of his past that they are sticking to.

I want to see Tage/Casey/Nylander this year just because the lines are so boring with Jack hurt.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Can’t wait to watch ERod play 20 tonight. This organization is still ****ed when it comes to player personnel decisions.

Look at a successful team like Winnipeg last year when Scheifele and and Little went down, did they move Lowry to number one centre? Ofcourse not, who the **** would. They moved Wheeler to C. How Sam Reinhart doesn’t move to C to play with Skinner is beyond me.
I will say this, when Jack went down last year, Sam stepped up his game. I expect the same now.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Ullmark is going to have to impersonate Dom for Buffalo to beat a Panthers team that has the ingredients to beat this Buffalo team. Without Jack it’s even worse. Maybe a leader steps up tonight? We will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad