GDT: Game 41 | Hurricanes @ Blue Jackets | 1/12 7pm

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
:canes @ :cbj

CAR (25-9-7, 57 points, 1st in Metropolitan Division) @ CBJ (12-26-2, 26 points, 8th in Metropolitan Division)

Carolina is 13-4-6 on the road this season.
Columbus is 10-12-1 at home this season.

Thursday, January 12, 2023
Nationwide Arena - Columbus, Ohio
TV: Bally Sports Ohio - Radio: 97.1 FM

Elvis Merzlikins is out as a precaution with an illness. Carson Meyer is also out, having been injured last game. Brad Larsen has confirmed Joonas Korpisalo will start in net, marking his 200th NHL regular season appearance.

Projected CBJ Lineup, per morning skate (subject to change):
Gaudreau-Roslovic-Laine
Nyquist-Johnson-Bemstrom
Foudy-Kuraly-Olivier
Fix Wolansky-Sillinger-Marchenko
Gavrikov-Peeke
Berni-Gudbranson
Bayreuther-Boqvist
Korpisalo
Tarasov

Projected CAR lineup (subject to change):
Pacioretty-Aho-Jarvis
Svechnikov-Stastny-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Fast
Teravainen-Kotkaniemi-Noesen
Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Pesce
Chatfield-Coghlan
Kochetkov
Raanta

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Looks like Larsen took Johnny off KJ's wing so he can finally drop KJ's icetime to ~10mins. Sillinger line gets ~10mins too, so I bet Johnny-Roslo-Laine is about to get like 24mins of icetime.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Looks like Larsen took Johnny off KJ's wing so he can finally drop KJ's icetime to ~10mins. Sillinger line gets ~10mins too, so I bet Johnny-Roslo-Laine is about to get like 24mins of icetime.
But it's normal that young players don't get high ice-time right away (especially Kent). Their organism have to get used to more effort, much more active play. Yes. Many of the older ones are not nearly as talented, but physically they are ready. I'm sure they will play a lot more next season.

I'm rather unhappy with Fix-Wolanski against Carolina. Dunne who can also play on the wing would have been better. He could play wing in Kuraly's line Foudy in Sillinger's lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I swear to god I am changing my Larsen poll vote to "move on" if he sits Boqvist again. The whole patience speak wont work when the guy is in pressbox

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I swear to god I am changing my Larsen poll vote to "move on" if he sits Boqvist again. The whole patience speak wont work when the guy is in pressbox
Alright the man scrathed TFW and went with 7D. Bold move but I'll stay in the "ride it out" camp for now..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad