GDT: Game #41 Habs @ Leafs - April 13, 7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
kessel got an assist on the bozie goal, continuing his PPG streak ;) 41 points in 41 games. still he can't produce much in the carlyle system though

Last edited:

JMcLeaf

Better to waste a few more seconds doing circles and playing keep away in the offensive zone than take a low quality shot (with 3 Habs back) and then you're behind the net trying to circle back while the puck is going the other way.

I'd need to see replay again, but it looked to me like he had a fairly clear path to the net on the one side, but then slowed up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
After period number 1, a period in which they chased Carey Price from the net, the Leafs hold a 4-1 lead over the Montreal Canadiens. Leafs will start the 2nd on the PK.

Goal Scorers: TOR: Tyler Bozak, Jay McClement, Dion Phaneuf, Leo Komarov MTL: Davis Drewiske

Shots: TOR: 5 MTL: 13

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
The Leafs need to play better in the 2nd and 3rd. Montreal controlled a lot of the play that period, but since the Leafs scored on almost every shot on goal it didn't matter.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Bozak should of just dumped and changed oh well, good period 3 goal lead now, cant ask for more.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Carlysle's minute distribution so far has been good. Top 2 lines haven't been playing much. Saving them for the 2nd/3rd.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That hit was totally worth it. Kadri's just getting involved out there.

Hopefully can throw a few more points up to top off a good night so far :).

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
The Leafs need to play better in the 2nd and 3rd. Montreal controlled a lot of the play that period, but since the Leafs scored on almost every shot on goal it didn't matter.

2 pp's, we're clearly playing to protect the lead, look at the minute distribution. Kessel's played less than 4 minutes.

Are you a leafs fan? Carlysle is notorious for over-working his shut-down lines when we're ahead. Perhaps someone can pull out the minute distribution stats when we're ahead after 2 periods, or even the goal differential.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Uttered by Jim Hughson at the end of this period:

"The Canadiens with some life late in the period"

"A surprising 4-1 lead for James Reimer and the Toronto Maple Leafs..."

"Carey Price....3 goals on 4 shots"

I beg anyone who ever thinks that there is a HNIC bias for Toronto to listen to Hughson call a Leafs game and call a Canucks game.

Well, it is quite true. The Habs played a better game overall than the Leafs thus far.

It's just their goaltenders that were shaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad