GDT: GAME #41 - Edmonton at BRUINS 1/5 7 PM | NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Why does every feel the need to BLAME someone on every goal given up.

The last two goals weren't on McQuaid or Carlo, it was just the unluckiest bounces. **** happens in hockey.

I will never blame McQuaid or Rask on that second goal. The puck sat there because McQuaid did his job and tied up his man for at least 2 seconds, Rask stared at the puck the entire time. Maroon literally spun around while tied up and flailed at it with his stick. It was such a lucky goal.

I blame you!
:laugh:

Just kidding.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

The last two goals weren't on McQuaid or Carlo, it was just the unluckiest bounces. **** happens in hockey.

I will never blame McQuaid or Rask on that second goal. The puck sat there because McQuaid did his job and tied up his man for at least 2 seconds, Rask stared at the puck the entire time. Maroon literally spun around while tied up and flailed at it with his stick. It was such a lucky goal.

I mean... Rask was covering the angle of... the ref, if he wanted to shoot at the side of the net? No Oiler in that area, and even if there was, the angle was off (even more so towards Maroon). He still would've saved the shot if he didn't open five-hole just as the shot came. Then again, McQuaid can't let that happen. If it's his job to just tie the guy up for two seconds, then someone else must've failed (Chara? Centre?), because you obviously need someone to clear the puck within that time frame if that's all McQuaid is supposed to do there.

It's okay to assign some blame to the players when they get scored upon, especially in a game we've played really well in outside of those goals (at least until the third), just as it's okay to give praise when they play well. I prefer the latter, but it is what it is. There needs to be some critical analysis as well.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Because at this level is not pond hockey. I everybody has an assignment. The kid didnt cover his man.
Its going to happen and he ' ll learn from it.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Because at this level is not pond hockey. I everybody has an assignment. The kid didnt cover his man.

Yip.. and it wasn't hard to do. All he needed was to ceaze maroon stick

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Yeah. Maybe second rough game for him all year, and he's been splendid in most of the others. It's not the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad