GDT: Game 41: Columbus vs. Montreal | 1/14 7PM EST

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm still keeping hope alive ( although very, very little ) but if the Jackets fail to beat the Rangers on home ice, after the Rangers played last night, and traveled from Boston, then I give up all hope.

The Jackets better play with some urgency. They desperately need this after that disaster on Wednesday.

The Blue Jackets SHOULD be able to beat a tired Rangers team. The NYR have started to cool off a bit as well. If the Jackets take these 2 wins this weekend, then that 13 point deficit gets trimmed to 9.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
At first I didn't agree with the Boll hate, but now I'm on board.
Sad to say it, but he's a shell of what he used to be. He doesn't deliver the huge hits, doesn't fight, and doesn't play smart at all.
He has become a liability. It seems whenever he's out there we either give up a scoring chance, a goal, or take a penalty.
Truth is, we're a way better team without Boll.

It doesn't feel good saying this. I love Boller and appreciate everything he's done, but he really looks lost out there, and I think it's time he and the team move on.

I agree with everything you are saying except the term, "hate". You didn't post anything I would call hateful, nor have the majority of us that have been calling for a more serviceable 4th line....and that needs to start by sitting Boll. A bigger issue is injuries that force 4th line players up higher in the lineup, and the absence of MacKenzie.

Look back to last year, and think about the boost we got from that 4th line. Letestu, MacKenzie, Comeau, Tropp, Skille combined for 32 goals, and were a cumulative +12. We aren't getting near that level of production or reliability from that unit this season.

Last edited:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I agree with everything you are saying except the term, "hate". You didn't post anything I would call hateful, nor have the majority of us that have been calling for a more serviceable 4th line....and that needs to start by sitting Boll. A bigger issue is injuries that force 4th line players up higher in the lineup, and the absence of MacKenzie.

Look back to last year, and think about the boost we got from that 4th line. Letestu, MacKenzie, Comeau, Tropp, Skille combined for 32 goals, and were a cumulative +12. We aren't getting near that level of production or reliability from that unit this season.

I thought we weren't allowed to expect scoring from the 4th line? Huh.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad