GDT: Game 41: Columbus vs. Montreal | 1/14 7PM EST

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I was leaving the game with a buddy of mine and said that if were coach that I would bench him. I haven't seen such a stupid, selfish penalty in some time myself.

Watching Dubi bark at the ref coming out of the box after the goal was pathetic. Would have served him well to get a 2 minute minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I don't think that he'll get benched, but he needs a good talking to by Richards. The type of judgement that he demonstrated is unacceptable given the mega uphill climb that the team faces to make the playoffs.

A brutal loss. Making up 13 points with 5 teams to pass with 41 games remaining is a herculean task.

Satellite NHL radio and many more say the CBJ are history.. tank for the best draft in decades....

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
My thoughts- Start light, get deeper
1. Can we win a face-off? Johansen for all the talk about how good he is at faceoffs, got plain embarrassed in the dot tonight. Just plain ugly in that department for the entire team
2. Can we pass the puck? Hold onto the puck at all? I won't look at the stats, but I'm sure time of possession was horrific tonight.
3. I think we've overrated some of the offensive capabilities of our players.
4. That second period was one of the worst periods of hockey I've seen, save for Bob that period. I swear that entire period was at our end. Another interesting statistic we had 12 giveaways to their 2 giveaways
5. For all the talk about Dubinsky being captain, he took an anger-management penalty on Saturday at the very end of the game in a 5-3 situation. Then the STUPID BONEHEADED penalty tonight. I'm sorry, but I want our captain to be a little bit more smarter/collected at the end.
6. I'm starting to get concerned at the leadership of this team with the collapse tonight, stupid penalties abound. It seemed like the entire team decided to pack it in after the 3rd goal tonight from Montreal. Seen the worst passes I've seen in my life at that point, seemed like all energy was gone.
7. Has Todd Richards lost the locker-room?

thebus2288*

Dubi and a 1st should get us Eberle or Eriksson. We'd be so good. Nice quiet team players. The boys wont play hard, and Dubi plays too hard. Might not be a fit. Name Johansen, Wiz and Horton captains and watch us flourish.

You guys go from not wanting to pay a guy what he's worth to naming him captain.

And major get off the Wiz love. He's sh-it.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Forgot to add this-
But, I'm starting to get concerned that Bob's a little fragile mentally when the team plays like this in front of him. I've never played goalie, but to me it seems like he tries to hold on as long as he possibly can.. But, after a while a goal or two creeps in, and he's almost like DONE in some of these past games. You could see it from the Arizona game, where he started shaking his head staring down in disbelief.. Todd Richard's left him in, and he allowed another goal just about 1 minute later before being pulled.

Here's to hoping this can be resolved simply by playing much better in front of him in the next couple years and not forcing him to stand on his head, diving every which way to stop 40 + shots a game, and only being allowed 1 goal total.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I never blame the refs, but I've never gone to a worse officiated game in my entire life. No surprise at all he was French

How old are you? Major might have to include another generation?

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
How old are you? Major might have to include another generation?

41, when the French Canadian team is given so many more power plays and so many blatant non-calls on them by the french ref, granted the last 3 were awful on our part, you have to wonder...however whiskey and anger may have been a culprit in my original post...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Unfortunately I think that's a wrap on this season folks, no way we dig out of this one, just can't see it, hope I'm wrong, I'll still be there til the end but after that game, I just don't think we have what it takes to go on an unreal run and catch up

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Richards, in the postgame presser, said something akin to "we found a way to lose this game." That's what it looked like to me. I would just like to say here that I turned to my buddy and said "it feels like the third one is coming right here" and about five seconds later, the CBJ were trailing.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
woke up this morning still angry about the ref #17...I didn't see him call a single penalty on MTL...the Calvert one still sticks with me this morning...blatant holding of his stick that led to the slash...and also Bob getting ABSOLUTELY TRUCKED by a MTL player leading to a scrum was a direct result of him not calling the penalty that he watched...I was right behind the goal last night...17 comes up and tells bob to stop diving....UNBELIEVABLE...

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Watched the game from home. At worst it should have been a holding the stick on the Montreal player AND the slashing penalty on Calvert. The slash wasn't intentional and if Subban had been a couple feet one way or the other it wouldn't have happened.

And for some reason, the chorus of this song has been playing in my mind since last night...

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
My thoughts- Start light, get deeper
1. Can we win a face-off? Johansen for all the talk about how good he is at faceoffs, got plain embarrassed in the dot tonight. Just plain ugly in that department for the entire team
2. Can we pass the puck? Hold onto the puck at all? I won't look at the stats, but I'm sure time of possession was horrific tonight.
3. I think we've overrated some of the offensive capabilities of our players.
4. That second period was one of the worst periods of hockey I've seen, save for Bob that period. I swear that entire period was at our end. Another interesting statistic we had 12 giveaways to their 2 giveaways
5. For all the talk about Dubinsky being captain, he took an anger-management penalty on Saturday at the very end of the game in a 5-3 situation. Then the STUPID BONEHEADED penalty tonight. I'm sorry, but I want our captain to be a little bit more smarter/collected at the end.
6. I'm starting to get concerned at the leadership of this team with the collapse tonight, stupid penalties abound. It seemed like the entire team decided to pack it in after the 3rd goal tonight from Montreal. Seen the worst passes I've seen in my life at that point, seemed like all energy was gone.
7. Has Todd Richards lost the locker-room?

I looked like an expert in the living room last night, and often beat the Canadian announcers to their own words. So here we go...

1. No, we can't. Mr. Davidson was right to play hardball. The rest of them are awful, too. (Can anyone remember what we got for Manny? He was great in the dot.)
2. No, we can't.
3. I've never felt like we were better than a 2.75 GPG kind of team, but that's just me. Score three goals and try to help Bob keep the other guys at two has been the MO the last two plus years, IMHO.
4. Don't know about that. "Classic Jackets" have come to play the second period many times this year.
5. Nick Foligno is our captain. Don't know why MGMT has yet to acknowledge this.
6. Two of our Alternate Captains committed two of the three boneheaded plays in the third. Love Dubi and Boll, but they kept the party going after Calvert mailed the invitations to the Let-Montreal-Win-A-Road-Game-They-Should-Lose Party. I HAVE NO SONS!
7. No, but if there was a day for an old school bag skate then this it.
8. I love whiskey. Whiskey told me I could skip work today since I have to work two doubles this weekend. Thank you, whiskey. Thank you for the precious, precious drunk talk. :handclap:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
woke up this morning still angry about the ref #17...I didn't see him call a single penalty on MTL...the Calvert one still sticks with me this morning...blatant holding of his stick that led to the slash...and also Bob getting ABSOLUTELY TRUCKED by a MTL player leading to a scrum was a direct result of him not calling the penalty that he watched...I was right behind the goal last night...17 comes up and tells bob to stop diving....UNBELIEVABLE...

I was in the club section right behind that net and Bob was crushed into the post, I can't believe a) there wasn't a penalty and b) somebody didn't beat the crap out of him for hitting Bob like that

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Satellite NHL radio and many more say the CBJ are history.. tank for the best draft in decades....

So total foolish emptiness, f...ing mental ramification, crushed expectations, old songs, CBJ are history, season over etc.
giphy.gif

I'm glad that " we found a way", our magnificient mode to smell the flowers for good draft pick :laugh:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Dubi and a 1st should get us Eberle or Eriksson. We'd be so good. Nice quiet team players. The boys wont play hard, and Dubi plays too hard. Might not be a fit. Name Johansen, Wiz and Horton captains and watch us flourish.

You guys go from not wanting to pay a guy what he's worth to naming him captain.

And major get off the Wiz love. He's sh-it.

Please for the love of everything holy tell me you forgot the :sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Please for the love of everything holy tell me you forgot the :sarcasm:

He is. He's trying to say everybody here wants to trade Dubinsky because people started calling out his dumb antics. When in fact nobody has said this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad