Post-Game Talk: Game 41: CHICAGO 3-2 Pittsburgh (OT) | 2 - Panarin (13) Toews (14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So we get the extra point in the phoney game again....2 points we hardly deserved for our "effort" tonight.
Their big stars were very very good ...our big stars /core were embarrassing on far too many shifts ..we need everyone bringing big effort ...that did not happen tonight...so many MIA's tonight...They made us look like real amateurs trying to keep up with them ....we were minimalizing.
.hoping just a very few good shifts were enough to win...Then when they deservedly got it to OT...we somehow managed to last long enough to win it...Of course Hossa should have won it before Panarin did..but really...do you expect Hossa ever again will beat an NHL goalie?

AS for the regulation game ...Letang was shining.
.Keith MIA...Seabrook skating in mud and stumbling around....slowly...We are just lucky PITT did not convert mire of their chances generated by their hustle and fast skating effort on attacking us..Yes...we were minimalizing tge "work" /exertion you expect from such highly paid NHL professionals...And the turnovers and take-aways we let them get off us was way too much...They way out-played our mostly lazy players yet this was a classic play bad but win the game example of the 20%of games a team steals wins from during the 82 game season...There is also supposed to be 20% of games where we outplay opponents but lose the game. ..The other 60%of games are either deserved wins by domination by us or by opponents deserving wins via dominating us , OR close games equally effort ed where you win some/they win some...So one could say 60% of games were deserving or no complaints wins by some team / 20% you got lucky and stole the game/and 20% of games they got lucky and stole the game...This game we got one of our lucky 20% undeserved wins...It happens. ..take the lucky win off a less than stellar effort by us..Smoke and Mirrors win.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
What in the hell is Bickell doing out there??????

He's coasting around, not hitting anybody, weakly stabbing at the puck, pushing pansy passes to no one in particular.....

The Hawks can't afford to buy him out, but is this guy even going to be in the NHL anymore after next season?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What in the hell is Bickell doing out there??????

He's coasting around, not hitting anybody, weakly stabbing at the puck, pushing pansy passes to no one in particular.....

The Hawks can't afford to buy him out, but is this guy even going to be in the NHL anymore after next season?

If he keeps playing like this, he'll get a tryout and be forced to go to the AHL/Europe.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
two points in two points, not sure what the heck Keith and Seabrook were put tonight but maybe its a way of communicating to Q that they want to be paired back together.......which I think is a good idea....

Shaw needs to be a 4th liner, we can only hope Panik looks good with JT-Hossa otherwise its a trade for a LWer...and I think that is what Stan has done with this deal. Try Panik might as well as Morin was never gonna wear a hawks Uniform in a game again....if Panik fails then I think Stan will trade for a LW toward the deadline...if Panik works I think Stan goes after an upgrade for Scuderi/rozy.........

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Panik-JT-Hossa
P-Arty
Desi-Danault-TT
garbutt-shaw-hartman

Hinostroza or Rasmusson

Mashinter to the Rock
Brickell behind the barn

keith-seabrook
hammer=TVR
Gus-Rozy/Missile

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
There are games you should but don't, and there are games you win that you shouldn't. Even though this one falls into the latter, I could less about effort during a win during the dog days of the season. I want the Hawks to conserve their efforts for the playoffs. If that means the half arse it for some wins, like tonight, so be it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He does say it that way, which is why he and Eddie were joking the other night about what will happen if Dano is called back up. That might be the correct pronunciation. It is not pronounced phonetically, that's certain. Some may emphasize the second syllable rather than the first, is all.

Is he french-canadian?

Because some names out there pronounce -ault similarly to -eaux.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
:cry::cry::cry:

The trade deadline can't get here soon enough.

They're not waiting for the trade deadline, they're waiting for his Visa to clear. He'll be here in like a week or 2, tops.

But I think the people who think he's a long-term or even short-term first-line solution are kidding themselves.

I'm strongly in the crowd of people that say the 1st line will improve when Toews and Hossa elevate their play back to their usual standards. Obviously the better the 3rd guy is, the better for the team, but short of pulling Jamie Benn out of his ass, nobody Stan brings in to fill that spot is going to make a massive difference.

Toews and to a lesser extent Hossa will make the biggest difference by improving their own play.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The 4th line needs change, enough of this. Q isn't trusting them enough to play more than 6 or 7 minutes. Hartman/Kero are better than Bickell/Rasmussen.

That may be the most careless/dangerous turnovers we have had in a game this season but we somehow got away with it. As Q would say, they were serving up a few pizzas out there tonight.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
They're not waiting for the trade deadline, they're waiting for his Visa to clear. He'll be here in like a week or 2, tops.

But I think the people who think he's a long-term or even short-term first-line solution are kidding themselves.

I'm strongly in the crowd of people that say the 1st line will improve when Toews and Hossa elevate their play back to their usual standards. Obviously the better the 3rd guy is, the better for the team, but short of pulling Jamie Benn out of his ass, nobody Stan brings in to fill that spot is going to make a massive difference.

Toews and to a lesser extent Hossa will make the biggest difference by improving their own play.

The crying emojis were about Panik being our 1LW. The TDL comment was about the hope of acquiring someone competent for that spot.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago

His point was that it's a sad state of affairs if we're putting our hope in Panik.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The crying emojis were about Panik being our 1LW. The TDL comment was about the hope of acquiring someone competent for that spot.

Ah, gotcha.

In that case I agree, but again, I don't think anybody Stan can or does bring in will be a magic elixir.

The 1st line will get going when Toews and Hossa elevate their play.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
There are games you should but don't, and there are games you win that you shouldn't. Even though this one falls into the latter, I could less about effort during a win during the dog days of the season. I want the Hawks to conserve their efforts for the playoffs. If that means the half arse it for some wins, like tonight, so be it.

Pretty much agree with this....

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

Stan probably has the perfect handzus trade lined up :naughty:

Geoist

May 1, 2015
By the way, are we all ready to calm it down with the talk of this team like they're destined to be also-rans? This is a good squad. There's still room for a trade but they've got as good a chance as any other.

Who am I kidding? I know what the posts will be after the next loss.

Yup, we'll be back to bemoaning the loss of Vermette. :laugh:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
So did someone hear or did Q say that Panik will come up and play with 19 & 81? just wondering because with the way some of you are talking seems likely.

My first impression when the deal went thru is that he's AHL material? like Morin.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
So did someone hear or did Q say that Panik will come up and play with 19 & 81? just wondering because with the way some of you are talking seems likely.

My first impression when the deal went thru is that he's AHL material? like Morin.

Q said something along the lines of "He will get a chance in a pretty good spot"

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Q said he would get to play with some top players, so everybody figures that means he'll get a look on the top line.

And he is AHL material. At best bottom 6 material. Which is why it's both sad and hilarious that he's going to get a shot on the top line when he gets here.

Doubly hilarious when you consider that a guy as talented as TT had to 'earn' his way into the lineup after an AHL stint, then 'earn' his way out of the top 6 by dragging offense out of low-skill players... which he never did, the Hawks just got lucky with a Kane injury and were able to put 2nd-line quality players on the 3rd line.

But Panik? Who doesn't have a 5th of TT's talent and has bounced back and forth between the AHL and the bottom 6 of bad teams his entire career to date.

No 'earning' for him. Just throw him on the top line immediately.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Q said he would get to play with some top players, so everybody figures that means he'll get a look on the top line.

And he is AHL material. At best bottom 6 material. Which is why it's both sad and hilarious that he's going to get a shot on the top line when he gets here.

Doubly hilarious when you consider that a guy as talented as TT had to 'earn' his way into the lineup after an AHL stint, then 'earn' his way out of the top 6 by dragging offense out of low-skill players... which he never did, the Hawks just got lucky with a Kane injury and were able to put 2nd-line quality players on the 3rd line.

But Panik? Who doesn't have a 5th of TT's talent and has bounced back and forth between the AHL and the bottom 6 of bad teams his entire career to date.

No 'earning' for him. Just throw him on the top line immediately.

Yeah does seem strange, well we will see what he has sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad