Pre-Game Talk: Game #40: Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - Sunday, Dec.29th 4:30PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: Sunday, December 29th, 4:30PM PST
WHERE: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Jannik Hansen
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Mike Santorelli
David Booth - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Zac Dalpe - Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Jason Garrison - Yannick Weber
Andrew Alberts - Kevin Bieksa

Eddie Lack

Calgary Flames

Cammalleri - Backlund - Byron
Galiardi - Stajan - Stempniak
Hudler - Monahan - Jones
Bouma - Colborne - McGrattan

Giordano - Smid
Butler - Brodie
Breen - O'Brien

Berra/Ramo

Wetcoaster

Note the early start time.

NHL.com preview:
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020589

This is the second of five meetings between the teams.

Vancouver won the first game played in Calgary on October 6, 2013 by a score of 5-4 on an OT goal by Mike Santorelli.

Goaltender Joacim Eriksson has been called up from the AHL Utica Comets and may back-up Eddie Lack pending clarification of Luongo's injury status.

joacimerikssonjuly2013.jpg

The Canucks have called up 23-year-old Swedish goalie Joacim Eriksson, the No. 1 goalie for the AHL Utica Comets. He was on the ice this morning at Rogers Arena with fellow Swede Eddie Lack.

Eriksson, who signed with the Canucks as a free agent in June, has played in 20 games for the Comets this season. He has a record of 8-10-1, a .907 save percentage and a 2.77 goals-against average with two shutouts — one of them in the Comets’ last game, on Dec. 20, when Eriksson stopped all 21 shots he faced in a 3-0 Comets win. Two nights earlier Eriksson stopped 26 of 28 shots as the Comets beat the Heat, one of the AHL’s top teams, 4-2.

Eriksson is 4-0 in his past four starts with a 1.48 GAA and .953 save percentage.​
Groin pains for Canucks? Luongo still out; Canucks call up NHL newbie Eriksson

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
First look at Eriksson. "I was surprised when I got the call, but I'm ready to support."

BchGjzfCYAEWt4q.jpg

"We know Eddie has played well for us, but we hope Luongo won't be out for long." - H. Sedin

Luongo, Edler, Stanton, Burrows, Schroeder not on the ice at practice this morning.

3beaf8446f2a11e3a89e0e862676c372_8.jpg

Lines: 22-33-36. 20-17-25. 7-15-9. 29/13-21-32. D pairs: 2-8. 41-3. 5-6. Goalies are Lack & Eriksson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wetcoaster

It's official.

"Day-to-day for Luongo. Lack will play on Sunday." - Torts

That's a wrap on Torts. #Canucks back on the ice tomorrow before heading to Calgary.

Wetcoaster

Tortorella post practise presser on the goalie situation. The team needed a break despite the winning streak and needed to get away - a perfect time. And no Christmas gift on injury updates from The Grinch:

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I really hope they move away from that. It just has not worked - it never has.

My argument is that this line will never be a minus and that gives Hansen a bit more rope.

Torts can (and should) be patient with the Sedin's while the team is still getting points.

Wetcoaster

Goalie Joacim Eriksson speaks with the media Friday after being recalled to the Canucks from the Utica Comets.

[NHL]520928[/NHL]

Wetcoaster

Canucks Captain Henrik Sedin talks to the media on Friday following practice at Rogers Arena about Eddie Lack stepping in for the injured Roberto Luongo

[NHL]520930[/NHL]

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Alberts-Bieksa second pairing?

I supposed that's better than Alberts - Weber on the third

Torts has been known for depending on his top 4 heavily in the past, I'm surprised we haven't loaded our top 4 and only used an Alberts-Weber pairing when the other team sends out their 4th line. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad