GDT: Game 40: New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues, 8pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
The organization's unwillingness to try anything is why they end up in this hole and several different coaches now have picked up on the security blanket culture.

I’ve seen a lot of people on here argue that if multiple coaches use a player in the same role or keep the same line/pair together then it means that decision is correct. I understand the thought process there but it doesn’t even seem like the coaches use their own assessments when they get here. It almost seems like whoever doesn’t get fired just fills the coaches in on the players roles and nothing changes. I also don’t get how it’s implausible that the team could just perpetually hire bad coaches that think the same way and are going to come to the same conclusions favoring shitty players

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I wouldn't mind this stretch if it meant we had called up more youngblood on this team and it's just the team going through some growing pains.

What we are witnessing instead is the emergence of the 23-24 Rongos.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Look at how guys have been used recently. Bonino has been getting his minutes cut, not Vesey.

Im pretty confident that if it comes down to the 2 of them, Bonino is the one who will sit.

Goodrow for what ever reason will continue to be teflon though. Should have bought him out this summer just so he couldn't be a factor.
It's totally JAW DROPPING how Wheeler replaced Goodrow on my shit list. Never thought that would factor into place.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's totally JAW DROPPING how Wheeler replaced Goodrow on my shit list. Never thought that would factor into place.

He shouldn't, Goodrow is abhorrent all the time.

I won't say Wheeler has been good, but only his last 3-4 games have been REALLY bad.

But this also comes down to usage. One of them has played on the 3rd-4th line all year and Wheeler is in the top 6. We haven't been helped on the injury front at all so some things you can't get around (using Goodrow or Bonino in a top 9 role) but they can (and at times have) used other players in place of Wheeler at 1RW. Remember when they were pressing Vancouver and on the verge of tying it a few nights ago before giving up the 4th goal? All the momentum went away the second Wheeler was inserted back onto that line. Maybe coincidental, but maybe not.

What irks me isn't that it's taken this long to try something different (it would have been nice to give Othmann a bit of a look there but what ever, they weren't serious about keeping him up) since the reality is that a change hasn't really been needed until probably last week (and I still maintain that Kreider-Zib is a bigger issue than who ever the RW is on that line) but that Lavi went back to it after he found other shit that worked better. Double shifting Laf and/or Panarin for the entire season isn't an answer, but it could have been one for that night (especially when they had 2 full days off ahead of them.)

If the only thing Laviolette does as Ranger coach help Laf gain star status it was probably a worthwhile hire, but hes starting to worry me with some of the other shit. Looks a lot like what the kind of dumb shit the 3 guys who proceeded him would do.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
You know you’re gettin old when you calculate the end time of an 8pm start and don’t like the results you come up with

I made the same calculation (except 9:30pm start for me), and decided that my old ass would be sleeping before the end of the first.

• Haha
Reactions: romba

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
St Louis out here rocking a 10% PP at midseason.

For context, that means if they spent the entire game on the man advantage, they'd score just a little over 3 goals.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
RIP Jova’s box of Kleenex tonight.

1705013800735.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad