GDT: Game 40: New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues, 8pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5383.jpeg

IMG_5391.jpeg

IMG_5390.jpeg

New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues
8pm ET, MSG2

**ignore the picture above, they didn’t have an @ one**
IMG_5393.gif

IMG_5388.gif

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5384.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up
TBD

IMG_5389.jpeg

Blues Projected Line up

TBD

IMG_5387.jpeg

Laf with 7 points in the last 7 games….
IMG_5342.gif

IMG_5324.gif

IMG_4627.gif

IMG_4629.jpeg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's so much shit on this team right now, that it's hard to even care if they win or not. The injuries are obviously a huge factor, but they made their bed too. All the teacher's pets were playing before the injuries. They decided they had no use for Edstrom before he was hurt. They called up Othmann so he could sit on the bench and watch. I guarantee you Leshithead gets more leash because he does stuff. He'll go out of position to bump into somebody, hustle back when he's behind the play, and golly gee, he might even sacrifice the body and block the 4th or 5th shot attempt he's giving up in a shift. They have better options than Wheeler on that line which they have refused to explore because Wheeler is a vet. Bonino and Goodrow are never coming out. If we got healthy enough and push came to shove, Vesey would come out first which is unfathomable.

It's the same old obsession with the same old type of players.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
You know, for the longest time, I thought your name was some kind of Aussie slang. Little did I realize that it literally means the goon from row I in the building.
I've had to explain it several times across the last few weeks in Canada

Reactions: will1066

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
There's so much shit on this team right now, that it's hard to even care if they win or not. The injuries are obviously a huge factor, but they made their bed too. All the teacher's pets were playing before the injuries. They decided they had no use for Edstrom before he was hurt. They called up Othmann so he could sit on the bench and watch. I guarantee you Leshithead gets more leash because he does stuff. He'll go out of position to bump into somebody, hustle back when he's behind the play, and golly gee, he might even sacrifice the body and block the 4th or 5th shot attempt he's giving up in a shift. They have better options than Wheeler on that line which they have refused to explore because Wheeler is a vet. Bonino and Goodrow are never coming out. If we got healthy enough and push came to shove, Vesey would come out first which is unfathomable.

There is a lot of truth here but I don't think Vesey is first out. I'd guess/hope it's Bonino or Badrow.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

I don't know if I agree with this at this point. I think a lot of the decisions were about keeping line continuity with what worked and filling in the blanks in the interim to try and get the other 2 lines to work. It's clear they have 2 lines they really like and wanted to keep together while trying to make due with the other lines and that's Panarin - Trocheck - Laf (which should not be broken up under any circumstance right now) and Vesey - Goodrow - Pitlick (now Vesey - Goodrow with Pitlick out.) There's a roster construction issue currently due to the injuries which I can't say is really the teams fault. I think Bonino isn't really useful but he's going to play right now with Chytil, Kakko, and Pitlick out and we've established Bonino and Goodrow can't be on the same line as neither drives play. So now you're stuck with Bonino centering another line. Yeah, they could give Vesey a shot on line 1 but I think they really value what they're building on 4 and want to keep that together as much as possible so Cuylle (a kid) will get his shot there for now. Leschyshyn sucks but there's really no evidence of this being more than a 3 game stint on a line that won't play much until Kakko gets back. I don't love what they did with Othmann but I don't think this is a sign of a larger trend at this point. Fact of the matter is they only have 1 line that drives play at this point. A good portion of this is missing Chytil and Kakko who are both play drivers but they also need the Mika/Kreider combo to step it up at 5 v. 5. It's been a trend for years now with them unless Kakko or Buch are on their wing. That's a much bigger concern to me at this point than Leschyshyn getting 6 mins a game until Kakko is back. I don't know what they'll do with Bonino but I think they know he can't be the 3C so that'll be addressed at the deadline. I'd hope he's the one to go over Pitlick (I don't even think Vesey would be a consideration) but I'm not going to freak out over a hypothetical right now.

Reactions: kovazub94

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Isnt Minneapolis and St. Louis in the same time zone (central)? Wouldnt that be a 7pm local puck drop?
Yes you're right. I was going off the NHL app and forgot I was still in Calgary.

7pm puck drop.

Thanks for the correction, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad