GDT: Game 40! - Islanders @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Tyson just said Jason Chimera use to play for the Coyotes, to which Matt affirmed.

Uhhh am I missing something?

Did play for us in preseason. Strangely, in 16 years of going to Polar Ice/Ice Den Chandler, he's the only Coyotes player I've ever seen there in person - there signing autographs on a weeknight when I happened to have a rec league game.

Chimera was traded for Geoff Sanderson, who played the first 2 games of the post lockout season for CBJ.

Last edited:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Have not had the "chance" to watch a game for some time so some random thoughts since my last time:

- Dvorak is a finesse passer, he is improving quickly in every aspect, I am very impressed. A cornerstone for the future.

- Similarly Crouse is a very different player now than earlier in the season. He crushes people and has some nice skills. He plays a lot bigger now.

- Chrychrun is amazing for his age, and incredibly resilient. Could be a leader for us in years to come, perhaps even captain material

- Dauphin brought a lot of energy in there, he looked more confident and the NHL/AHL split seems to work for him and his game.

- I agree with the assessment that Golo is settling in now

- I like Schenn, and I have since the start of the season. Perhaps many will disagree, but he does what he needs to do and he does it well.

- I did not miss Hanzal one bit; I appreciate him but time to move on

- I missed Domi a lot; so very little skills in the game (including the Isles players also), hopefully Burmistrov (with reasonable low expectation) will help a bit on that front

- OEL, I am baffled by some of his on ice decisions. Really looks like his self confidence is very very low.

On a side note, Tavares always underwhelms me in any game I watch him. I am not sure if it is him or the Isles system in which he plays but it is puzzling.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Coyotes got a win they didn't deserve but good to see the team is still in the running for a top 5 pick.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Yea, was wondering who would call me out on that. I was half asleep and meant Duclair. I miss Domi's energy.

Watching the game from the stands I swear that it looked like we were playing a mirror image of ourselves. It was a real exhibition of high school hockey at a fast pace, for the most part. Imagine the average high school team with 25% more speed, but not 25% more skill.

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The boys were able to execute far better last night, weren't able to finish on much, but much better execution nonetheless.

Wonder why that is..... must be some magic DT mojo that comes out only when playing similar talent.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
- I like Schenn, and I have since the start of the season. Perhaps many will disagree, but he does what he needs to do and he does it well.

I agree with you.

ParisSaintGErmain:12658191 said:
- I did not miss Hanzal one bit; I appreciate him but time to move on

And again. Granted the NYI aren't good this year, but, with all the rookies in the line up and all the injuries on the team, the Coyotes managed to perform and get a W without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad