GDT: Game 40! - Islanders @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Josh Jooris in 3v3 turns over the puck and drags a guy down. Who would've thought?

Had to take that penalty, though.

I love Duke more than I should, but he was doing absolutely nothing right there. Just kinda floating around the zone instead of finding someone to get set up for a pass or shot. Jooris literally had nothing to do with that puck besides dump it in.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
A win! Two game point streak! Going to go bleach my whiteout shirt!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
They did it! Extend the entire coaching staff for another 10 years!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Offense is so over-rated. We just need to keep emphasizing defense and goal tending to go for the 0-0 shootout every night. That's our winning formula.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
13 and 86 are so damn bad. Yes, I know 13 got 5 shots, I heard Nash say it 50 times. However, they are turn over machines and they make the wrong play so damn often.

Doan is still the worst player, but they are close.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Perlini on 22 goals in 82 game pace... Dvorak highest p/60. Can't "earn"more ice time than Peter Holland and his phantom assist.

I wonder why we can't generate more scoring and we have "no margin for error" all the time...

DVO is a setup machine. He sets guys up every game, almost every time the puck is in the offensive zone. I don't know how he gets used so little.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This was Jooris's best game, imo, but he still has no business out there in OT or getting as much ice time as he did. Tyson couldn't shut up about Holland, but I didn't see much there.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Well, that was a needed win. With the week off I hope that the guys can get into a better mind set and start finishing plays. The plays were there all night but nobody finished. I thought that Domi played well today, except for when he tried to stick handle past all 5 Islander players on one rush. He ended up in the corner, removed from the puck. Domingue played very, very well, despite the ill advised pass up the middle from behind the net. I hope he gets some more playing time, to see if he can be rounded into a #1 goalie. This season is lost, might as well see what we have giving him regular playing time. OEL still looks off.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Win is win. Loss is loss. This is win. Give Tippett at least five more years.

Accidentally had to watch much of this. My birthday so people who've known me my whole life assumed watching this would be a good thing for me. I pretended that this victory was good and helpful. I will now resume the strike. No more games until a significant trade or termination.

It all looked okay. Not so bad as I imagined. I'll go back to random trolling now.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Typical. Need 10 straight losses to get a hard look at coaching and can't pull it off. We will never execute any good for us directive. Never bad enough to draft first or fire a poisoned staff. Never good enough to make the finals. Hockey the hard way.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
All Star RW Kevin Connauton.

I didn't know this before the game and was flummoxed by his bizarre third D-man presence. This departure from the ordinary, along with what appeared to be free play by the team, along with a win was entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad