GDT: Game 40: Calgary Flames vs Montreal Canadiens 7:00PM EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Are they going to start Markstrom again tonight on the back-to-back? I mean, they did just trade Rittich and they're in crunch time, so it wouldn't surprise me. But I'm not sure.

If we want to be in the playoffs, we gotta beat these guys, simple as that. We have 5 games left against them, and we have to treat it like we did the play-ins last year.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Are they going to start Markstrom again tonight on the back-to-back? I mean, they did just trade Rittich and they're in crunch time, so it wouldn't surprise me. But I'm not sure.

If we want to be in the playoffs, we gotta beat these guys, simple as that. We have 5 games left against them, and we have to treat it like we did the play-ins last year.

They got to start Markstrom and he'll likely play 95% of all their games if they are still in it. Calgary is really in a hole now.

Ideally, we win all 5 games we got left versus Calgary, but at the minimum, we need 3 of them for sure, especially with the first 2 of them at home.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Its Daryl Sutter. It’s a game that has huge implications on if they make the playoffs or not. No way they don’t start Markstrom.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Its Daryl Sutter. It’s a game that has huge implications on if they make the playoffs or not. No way they don’t start Markstrom.
They will ride their #1 guy all the way to the bitter end.......ala the Habs did over the last several years, when the math said we were still alive...
Habs need to stomp on these guys, and put them down with the Nucks and Sens...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
They got to start Markstrom and he'll likely play 95% of all their games if they are still in it. Calgary is really in a hole now.

Ideally, we win all 5 games we got left versus Calgary, but at the minimum, we need 3 of them for sure, especially with the first 2 of them at home.

They will ride their #1 guy all the way to the bitter end.......ala the Habs did over the last several years, when the math said we were still alive...
Habs need to stomp on these guys, and put them down with the Nucks and Sens...
Yep, makes sense.

That would be a weird feeling in that room. I mean, it's not like Calgary's REALLY out of it. The math doesn't look good, sure, but if they beat us down the stretch that puts them in a good spot. And Treliving trades Rittich and Bennett, not two juggernauts by any means but two guys who would probably help.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Do we know anything about the nature of Prices's injury? Or just non-descript lower body?

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I really want to cheer for a couple big Ws here, I really really do...Monday was awesome

but the temptation of having the MB show finally close curtains is way too tantalizing to me.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They are sensing that this is the big one.

Dump and chase tonight. HARD. Only way to win. This will be Scorey Perry's type of Western Conference game. Not many openings, grinding, slow paced.

PPs and PKs will be crucial.

Win those two games and plan for series. That's key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad