Pre-Game Talk: GAME 40 1/26 10:08 PM - THE BEAR looks for a Rocky Mountain High - TNT, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
No. No way

Go Bruins!
Keep them off the board for first period will frustrate them as they expect to score. Their weakness is the cycle in their zone. Need to get pucks deep and work them. If you let them skate they will burn you big time. Their PK isn't the greatest so special teams will be huge in this one as both PPs are lethal. Goaltending is also just average. 6-4 Bruins empty net goal Marchand. Makar with 2 (sorry but he's my boy).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Keep them off the board for first period will frustrate them as they expect to score. Their weakness is the cycle in their zone. Need to get pucks deep and work them. If you let them skate they will burn you big time. Their PK isn't the greatest so special teams will be huge in this one as both PPs are lethal. Goaltending is also just average. 6-4 Bruins empty net goal Marchand. Makar with 2 (sorry but he's my boy).

OMG it's John Snow. We miss you!!!!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When is the last time we beat the Avs. Even back when they sucked they still seemed to have our number.

Well that would be 2019 they split but 2020 Avs swept them.The Bruins dominated that franchise from 1987-94 then it changed or evened out as they become the Avs but the rivalry was gone .

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
When is the last time we beat the Avs. Even back when they sucked they still seemed to have our number.

The Bruins last beat the Avs in February 2019 - a tight 2-1 OT win with Marchand scoring the GWG. But that's the B's only win against Colorado in their last 7 clashes so the Avs have definitely dominated Boston in recent times. But then again we haven't played them in over 2 years, so it's been awhile. Time to start a new trend perhaps, but I doubt it. If the Bruins can just be competitive and maybe even eek out a point I'll take it.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I hear you- I am good with staying busy, just have other things to do that don't involve a job or a big paycheck. We are the same age, so I am on the young side to retire completely anyway. It won't be retirement though, just a different activity :)

God Bless you my friend. One of my favorite posters….whatever you’re doing it’s working

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’ve mentioned this before but I swear some people are actively rooting against this team. It’s almost as if they get some sort of satisfaction from berating them. It’s very strange.

They do- I think it's those that want either a) Bruce fired because they don't like the way his team plays b)Sweeneely sacked because they don't like their decisions or c) both a and b. The only way any of those things happens is if the team shits the bed.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I approve this comment. I hate going into gameday threads and reading people just writing the Bruins off because they are playing a good team.

I'm a pessimist when it comes to sport - comes from the local team I supported as a kid being the worst in its league - so I often don't have high hopes on game days, although I've generally become more bullish over time with the Bruins. But a game like this one, I don't expect much. Just not in my nature. At least this way sometimes I get pleasantly surprised. And I like to think I'm still open-minded - it's not that I think Boston can't beat Colorado, it's just unlikely.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins are notorious for losing games they shouldn't and winning games when it looks hopeless

..but they will have to get much better than amateur goaltending to have a chance to win this one

I'll go out on a limb and say B's surprise everybody tonight with a 3 - 2 win

..and no, I haven't been drinking...........yet

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad