Pre-Game Talk: GAME 40 1/26 10:08 PM - THE BEAR looks for a Rocky Mountain High - TNT, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm a pessimist when it comes to sport - comes from the local team I supported as a kid being the worst in its league - so I often don't have high hopes on game days, although I've generally become more bullish over time with the Bruins. But a game like this one, I don't expect much. Just not in my nature. At least this way sometimes I get pleasantly surprised. And I like to think I'm still open-minded - it's not that I think Boston can't beat Colorado, it's just unlikely.

Ahh, you have Chicago Cubs syndrome haha. I am always optimistic with the Bruins because in my lifetime, they have never had a truly terrible team. There have been some not so good ones over the years and a few playoff misses, but it has been pretty remarkable that the Bruins that I know have never been bad like Buffalo is bad right now.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'm not expecting a 'W' but neither was I a week ago when they played a very good Nashville team, granted that was a home game.

I'm not writing off the B's tonight as they seem to play up or down to opposing team's skill level, which isn't exactly a great team trait to have but... we'll see late tonight.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Pretty sure 90% of hockey fans bitch about officiating so it’s not really this board specifically being notorious for it. Maybe if the officiating wasn’t so terrible in general the complaints would be non existent.

I would take terrible right now. Its the vast inconsistencies that drive most fans mad.......and the refs as well I think.
NHL needs to simplify things and make the refs job easier. We might see more consistency from minute to minute that way.
Far too much grey area.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Forgive an Avs lurker. Just popped by to say i was blown away reading Marchand has outscored Crosby the last 5 years. Mack really looks up to him as well. Loved him giving the Hurripretenders twitter grief.

Alls i ask is when he lines up Makar on the forecheck tonight, to not put *all* the mustard on it like last time (100% clean hit, but cost Cale 12 games). Brad is built like a brick shithouse and it helps nobody feeding NYR hysteria with a second Fox Norris.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Forgive an Avs lurker. Just popped by to say i was blown away reading Marchand has outscored Crosby the last 5 years. Mack really looks up to him as well. Loved him giving the Hurripretenders twitter grief.

Alls i ask is when he lines up Makar on the forecheck tonight, to not put *all* the mustard on it like last time (100% clean hit, but cost Cale 12 games). Brad is built like a brick shithouse and it helps nobody feeding NYR hysteria with a second Fox Norris.

I wouldnt be too worried. Marchand appears to be playing hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad