Post-Game Talk: Game 4 vs PIT - 3 Stars and stuff

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
One of the stories that isn't really being told in those charts is strength of matchup. By that chart Seider and Walman were our worst defenders but that simply was not the case.
I would completely agree, dating back to when I first saw these last season, Seider would often have a negative defensive score. I think it's settled, time to ignore these in the future.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Yeah, no way Seider and Walman were the worst pair with the way the Malkin line was repeatedly cooking the Chiarot/Petry pair.

Worry that last night's stat line for those two will work as fools gold to justify there existence in the lineup. Malkin was licking his chops everytime he skated up against Chiarot.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, no way Seider and Walman were the worst pair with the way the Malkin line was repeatedly cooking the Chiarot/Petry pair.

Worry that last night's stat line for those two will work as fools gold to justify there existence in the lineup. Malkin was licking his chops everytime he skated up against Chiarot.

The wings staff give zero f***s about Dom Lucyzunynyn’s charts.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The wings staff give zero f***s about Dom Lucyzunynyn’s charts.
(sarcasm)

Oh sure. Keep telling yourself that. Why do you think Lalonde had the defensive pairings up in the air until the last second before the game?

*furiously checks postings from Internet trolls*

Who do I PLAY, dammit?!? TELL ME, ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS!!!

( /sarcasm)

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

AussieWings

Oct 12, 2018
Melbourne
Here in the states so far the TNT games have been available on Max (formerly HBO Max), which thankfully I already have. NHL games being spread across networks is so annoying. This time it happened to work out in my favor.
Looks like they have restored access to NHLtv in Australia. It's significantly more expensive than ESPN+, probably not worth it for a handful of games ... however, if it lets me start a live game from the start, then that will make up for it.

Edit: And it at least lets me rewind back to the start, unlike ESPN+, so I'll call that mostly a win.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Spacegoat was easily the TNT guys and Olcyck in particular. His hate for Detroit can't be hidden. We score the first 2 goals and he is talking about Ruhwedel throughout the replays. Then during gameplay him and the pbp guy spent about 5 minutes talking about Emrick. Malkin gets interfered with and he immediately says to Boucher, hey that is interference isn't it, yet says nothing if a Pen does it to Detroit.

Not ok for a network guy to be biased against any team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why was Seider only at just over 20 minutes last night while Walman and Chiarot had more? I truly wonder about Lalonde sometimes with his D usage. What does Chiarot have on him as he seems to not be able to do any wrong?

I don't see any reason that Seider isn't clocking 25 everynight.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Spacegoat was easily the TNT guys and Olcyck in particular. His hate for Detroit can't be hidden. We score the first 2 goals and he is talking about Ruhwedel throughout the replays. Then during gameplay him and the pbp guy spent about 5 minutes talking about Emrick. Malkin gets interfered with and he immediately says to Boucher, hey that is interference isn't it, yet says nothing if a Pen does it to Detroit.

Not ok for a network guy to be biased against any team.
Olcyck was unbearable. Remember when we played the Devils, and PK wore his NJ Devils jacket and kept talking up the Devils all broadcast? It's so unprofessional

Last edited:

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Star Total

8 Debrincat (+4)
7 Larkin (+1)
4 Husso (+2)
4 Reimer
3 Walman
3 Copp (+3)
2 Veleno
2 Raymond
1 Sprong
1 Compher
1 Ghost

Spacegoat Total

1 Petry

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Star Total
8 Debrincat
7 Larkin
4 Husso
4 Reimer
3 Walman
3 Copp
2 Veleno
2 Raymond
1 Sprong
1 Compher
1 Ghost

Spacegoat Total
-1 Petry

I dislike Petry too, but I don't think any player should be able to go minus in a category. If they get a vote for spacegoat it should still be 1, like in golf, high score is bad.

Reactions: Leadzedder

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I dislike Petry too, but I don't think any player should be able to go minus in a category. If they get a vote for spacegoat it should still be 1, like in golf, high score is bad.
Agree. Done.

Looking at the tally we are getting good games out of a lot of players. Even those that aren’t registering on the list much.

Great start to the season.

Reactions: Oddbob

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
DeBrincat
Larkin
Copp

Spacegoat - I don't really have one for this game. I didn't like that we tried to change our play style in the third and absorb more pressure, so Lalonde would probably be my closest here. We did almost give this one away, glad the guys stuck it out and pulled out the W.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad