2 Veleno
2 Husso
2 Raymond
1 Sprong
1 Compher
1 Ghost

Spacegoat Total
-1 Petry

Name your 3 stars and 1 scapegoat for the game. All redwings please.

3 Stars
1. Player - comments if you like
2. Player - comments if you like
3. Player - comments if you like

Spacegoat (For Losses)
Player - comments if you like

Post game thoughts if you like

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I didn't catch the whole game so will be abstaining but am curious who the spacegoat will be considering Petry has two apples and Chiarot with a goal.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Debrincat
Larkin
Copp

Put another notch in the W column :pickle:

Debrincat giving us exactly what we needed from him. Larkin must be loving this and I think these two are going to develop some great chemistry together. And Raymond is gelling with them too, that line is buzzing and dangerous.

And this is exactly what we need from Copp. Good baseline play and chipping in offensively with scrappy garbage goals.

I think we make the playoffs this year. This is a different team now and I haven’t seen this much potential in a Wings team in a long time.

Edit: No real spacegoat for me. I did only catch the 2nd half though.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Debrincat and Husso for sure. I'll say Ghost for the third star.

Can TSN at least get a Spacegoat Emeritus? That broadcast was downright shameful.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
1. Larkin
2. Petry
3. Copp

Spacegoat—EDITED: Sat with this for a bit. Have to go with Perron even if he did score a goal. Outside of that he was slow. Not a popular take. I know.

Last edited:

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Husso. He kept this team in it, straight up. Yeah, he let in a few, but he fought off the Pens despite their third period push. We won this game because of him.
2. DeBrincat. Potting two goals and assisting on Perron's goal, were huge.
3. Copp. Despite another shootout fail, he still manage to put two of his own in the net.

Goats:
The team. Give a team like the Pens a chance to get back in it, and they'll take it. That third period was a demonstration.

We lost focus in that third and let them claw their way back in it. I'm just glad the boys were able to shut Eddie O up with those empty netters. In the end, the boys have gotta clean that up, especially with us heading into Ottawa.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Copp
DeBrincat
Husso

Spacegoat: Defense

We got hemmed in a lot and looked pretty disorganized at times on D. I also noticed a couple of times they all seemed to stand around waiting for someone else to make a play. Be assertive! Get after it!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
1) DBC: Giving up an early goal is no longer a death sentence when you got a guy that can score.
2) Petry: Because he'll never be on this list again, lol
3) Copp: Despite not being able to shoot, he managed to get 2 goals, a deflection and an EN. He'll probably never be on this list again either, lol. At least the EN goal relieved a lot of heartburn for us.

HM: Czarnik because he did what he needed to do. All you can ask out of an AHL injury sub.

Spacegoat: We'll save that for the next loss.

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit
best scorer and best goalie in the NHL

Attachments

• debrincat.jpg
    debrincat.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
1. Larkin
2. Copp
3. Compher

Scapegoat: Veleno wasn't very noticeable. Not a bad game but had to pick someone.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
This team plays the right way.

We do have problems at D, but nowhere near those we had in the past. We even have the personnel to cure that.

PS I also noticed how sad the commentators were that the Wings won. And it was a national broadcast I guess.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
This team plays the right way.

We do have problems at D, but nowhere near those we had in the past. We even have the personnel to cure that.

PS I also noticed how sad the commentators were that the Wings won. And it was a national broadcast I guess.
It got worse on the TNT after show - they proceeded to show great Penguin highlights…still don’t know if they realize the Wings won.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
It got worse on the TNT after show - they proceeded to show great Penguin highlights…still don’t know if they realize the Wings won.
I'm genuinely curious why TNT/NBC (TNT is mostly the NBC guys) is like this with their favorites. Wouldn't you want to promote all the teams in the league to have a wider fanbase instead of just glazing Pittsburgh, Chicago, and New York Rangers all the time?

Reactions: dj4aces

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I'm genuinely curious why TNT/NBC (TNT is mostly the NBC guys) is like this with their favorites. Wouldn't you want to promote all the teams in the league to have a wider fanbase instead of just glazing Pittsburgh, Chicago, and New York Rangers all the time?
I think the "mostly the NBC guys" part answers the larger question of why they're like that.

It's disgraceful to me that a national network would act like AT&T Sportsnet. If they wanna show Pens highlights after their boys lost, they should go work for them instead.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad