Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Here continues Fleury's shutout streak. Currently at 120 minutes. How much longer will it last?

As long as Crosby and Malkin play together.

Said it yesterday . . . we've used that combo primarily and then the other lines for about 220 minutes of hockey. 1 goal against in game 4 Columbus.

EDIT: We didn't use it the first 10 minutes last night, Game 1 Rangers, and the last 10 minutes game 6 Columbus. Pretty much exclusively games 5 Columbus and 2 New York.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Again, the Rags are going to come out firing... I mean they will be giving everything they have till they burn out.... this is going to be the hardest game to take... I don't know how much legs they will have by the end, but they are going to be first period monsters at least

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Again, the Rags are going to come out firing... I mean they will be giving everything they have till they burn out.... this is going to be the hardest game to take... I don't know how much legs they will have by the end, but they are going to be first period monsters at least

Ergo, we cannot screw around with the lines. We need the best possible lines to establish and sustain possession.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
This Bruins-Habs series is intense...we're gonna have our work cut out if we face either one

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Keep the lines the way they are, keep beating the snot out of them (penalties are inconsequential).

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I hope Vitale can keep the killer cycle going.

tumblr_n54qfdd49j1txyx4lo1_1280.png

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
This is great.

I hope NYR's PP doesn't trick them into thinking all is well with the PK. I do assume that NYR will eventually score on one of their PP's due to the standard Pittsburgh PK stupidity.

I disagree. Pens are completely exploiting the terrible transition by the Rangers at the end of their PK. I don't see them sacrificing that tactic.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I disagree. Pens are completely exploiting the terrible transition by the Rangers at the end of their PK. I don't see them sacrificing that tactic.

It's more of a personnel concern, Adams and Scuderi keep getting out there together, and if Orpik were to come back this series... But aside from what the Pens are doing I just think that one will eventually go in if they keep getting chances, even if it is a completely fluky goal.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So here are my game 4 talking points

1. the shutout streak... how long will it continue and how will each team respond when it ends.... sometimes a streakbreaker can change a series....
2. On the same note the MT's multiseries PP streak of futility...
3. Crosby has broken his slump, but when will he have one of those crosbyesque monster games... he is far overdue
4. how long will glass remain scratched
5. The rangers legs... the every other day grind is not going to bode well for them... this game or the next the wear and tear injuries start showing up, and long games are going to be rough for them...
6. the Rangers PP advantage to date... 4 the first two games, 5 last game... so far 13 for the rangers to 8 for the pens
7. Pens limiting scuds minutes.... still a PP fixture, but definitely lower minutes than mid season

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
Pens need to play like they're down 2-1. play with some urgency and intensity. don't let up. take the Rangers hopes of coming back and stomp them.

Go Pens ! :nod:

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Pens need to play like they're down 2-1. play with some urgency and intensity. don't let up. take the Rangers hopes of coming back and stomp them.

Go Pens ! :nod:

I feel like the Rags could blow up for a lot of goals next tomorrow or Friday...we have to play hard

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jacques+Martin+Montreal+Canadiens+v+Pittsburgh+QtZGHj8Gx4Hl.jpg

Hey Dan, that system we played last game worked great, didn't it?

Dan-Bylsma-27.jpg

It was ok, but now let's get back to our game!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So the way I see it Here are the horrid options outside of winning a cup this season:

1. Blow another series lead, to the Ranger, no less... inexcusable
2. Lose to Boston and Marchand and Chara, and Thorton for the second year in a row... Inexcusable
3. Lose in the Cup Final and retain Bylsma with no real changes yet another year... unappetizing
4. And this one somehow feels right for how this year has gone... Lose to the Therrien coached Montreal Canadians... Unpalatable yet fitting, huh... never really thought of that possibility till the Habs pulled it out tonight

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So the way I see it Here are the horrid options outside of winning a cup this season:

1. Blow another series lead, to the Ranger, no less... inexcusable
2. Lose to Boston and Marchand and Chara, and Thorton for the second year in a row... Inexcusable
3. Lose in the Cup Final and retain Bylsma with no real changes yet another year... unappetizing
4. And this one somehow feels right for how this year has gone... Lose to the Therrien coached Montreal Canadians... Unpalatable yet fitting, huh... never really thought of that possibility till the Habs pulled it out tonight

Oddly enough, this was probably the first thing I thought of once the second round match-ups were set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad