GDT: GAME 4 Play-Ins Penguins "at" Canadiens 4PM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
Sheary, while manging to not fall over 4 times each shift lately, shouldn't be with Sid. Sid needs speed and puck gatherers, give him Tanev, he made due with Dupuis and Kunitz for years. Sheary on the third line adds actual scoring depth, Sid can carry Tanev like he's carrying Sheary. Try swapping Jake and Zucker for a few shifts. Give Sid straight line speed guys.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Montreals defense has drastically outperformed our defense. Until that changes I am not sure it even matters who's starting in nets.

Hopefully Sid has a monster game on his birthday and Malkin and Letang chip in some offense too.

I do feel that Jarry’s puckhandling would be a help to our D...guess we’ll find out now...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

just watching Isles-Panthers...and Panthers D looks like the Pens, it’s that bad...this is not a hot take ...unfortunately

Reactions: canadianguy77

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

just watching Isles-Panthers...and Panthers D looks like the Pens, it’s that bad...this is not a hot take ...unfortunately

This is exactly it and why just blaming the Penguins defensemen for the defense doesn't make any sense.

The top-4 has been at least good in the series, maybe you want specific individuals to be playing better but the overall results are good. The bottom pair sucks and is getting hammered obviously, but the wingers as a whole are making the defensemen have much harder jobs by missing assignments defensively and screwing up in that area. It's really strange because the Penguins didn't have this problem at all during the season.

I'm confident no one would have any worries about a top-4 with Letang, Marino, Dumoulin and Pettersson if wingers weren't consistently blowing assignments and causing goals against.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Wow.

Trust me, Blueger and Tanev don't need ZAR.

Tanev is being wasted on that 4th line and I believe he can thrive in a top 6 role.

Prove it. There's been plenty of advanced stats and articles that say otherwise. Here's one:

Zach Aston-Reese has the Best Defensive Stats in the NHL. How?!

He's a -2 in these playoffs and was responsible for Petry's OT goal in game 1.

ZAR isn't even the best player on that 4th line. He may be the worst.

My retort was to you saying that Blueger and Tanev don't need him. The advanced stats say otherwise and I even provided you with an article as evidence.

And yes, I agree that he's the worst player on the 4th line. Yet he seemingly makes everything click on that 4th line.

You could just watch the games and watch him. Dude stinks.

I do watch the games and I do want another player in besides him. Yet the fancy stats strongly suggest that he does a specific job and does it quite well. Is he doing it quite well in these playoffs? No, not really. But who else has on the Pens?

ZAR is a poop stick.

The majority of your posts are quite immature.

I like it. :laugh:

Reactions: Darkwing Psyduck

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I didn't like goal 4, but idk if just a goalie change fixes shit. They had 2 point blank goals.

I had to work late on Wednesday so I actually missed most of the game, just saw some highlights. Hopefully we get a better result today.

Ignatius

TROUBA = CAPTAIN COOKE
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
mike-sullivan-1996-43.jpg
dan-bylsma-1998-40.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
There's literally not, but okay.

Apparently me arguing against the droves of Penguins fans who don't understand goaltending or resent Murray for taking Fleury's job doesn't count as being a "Murray fanboy".

Nah, it's a change he had to make. Murray had a poor game 3 and the team absolutely flatlined about halfway through. I don't think Jarry laying an egg today is going to reflect poorly on him, it was a move he had to make.

You must have amnesia.
Total 180 from last game.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Can't see Murray being back. Sad but true and probably smart. If you don't have love and admiration for everything he's done then you need to find another teams board.

Reactions: wheelz87

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
ZAR might make that line better, but not in this series. He has blown coverage on at least 2 goals, but I believe it’s 3. It’s do or die. Get him out of the lineup and go for some hungrier legs.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
ZAR might make that line better, but not in this series. He has blown coverage on at least 2 goals, but I believe it’s 3. It’s do or die. Get him out of the lineup and go for some hungrier legs.

The problem is you don't really have a viable alternative to play in his place. Lafferty is worse and you may need ERod as the 3C if McCann is being healthy scratched again.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
My retort was to you saying that Blueger and Tanev don't need him. The advanced stats say otherwise and I even provided you with an article as evidence.

And yes, I agree that he's the worst player on the 4th line. Yet he seemingly makes everything click on that 4th line.

I do watch the games and I do want another player in besides him. Yet the fancy stats strongly suggest that he does a specific job and does it quite well. Is he doing it quite well in these playoffs? No, not really. But who else has on the Pens?

The majority of your posts are quite immature.

I like it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad