GDT: Game 4 - Pittsburgh @ New York, Sat. May 22nd 3pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I been thinking about 'home ice' a bit...
One game isn't good enough for home ice advantage.
That is too small for teams that fight for it. 1 game... really?

I propose a 2H-2A-3H format. THAT is home ice advantage.
The current 2H-2A-1H-1A-1H isn't really advantageous at all to either team... and the constant upending teams and traveling after games 4 5 6 is a little excessive.

Just sitting watching the Bruins/Capitals and letting my mind wander how to fix up the league a bit ....

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I have a lot of confidence in them outplaying the Isles for at least 2 of 3 periods. Hopefully that and Jarry's performance is enough. I think they win this game. They seem determined to wrap this one up. The only thing that gives me pause is that it is a afternoon game.
:laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The thing that gives me pause is the Pens have had rough period in essentially every game so far this series. If we get a lead, we need to put them away and not give them a chance to get back into the game.

the Isles are a good team which can roll four lines. I wouldn’t say we had a “rough” period.

they are going to push back and they have the depth on D and in their bottom six to do it against us.

we just have to follow the method of getting up early and getting up heading into the 3rd.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This Isles will be fighting for their lives today
We historically suck in afternoon games
Even though they lost Thursday, the Isles should have some confidence that their 3rd period 'plan' was successful

Not feeling good about this one, but they tie the series, we win the next 2

Fair. Lot's of reason for a @Jaded-Fan fan like you (or me) to have a negative vibe about this one, but if they find a way to pull it off, then there will be plenty of reason for even the most jaded among us to think this team is 2017 style special.

Thankfully Boston will be waiting to refill the jaded feelings tank, but that's for another way.

Just find a way. Don't care who. Don't care how. Let's go Pens.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As I’ve said elsewhere, if they want to be a team that does damage in the POs and that’s a contender, this is the game you win...you come out like f**king boss and choke the life out of the Isles, stomp on their dreams, like Boston did to the Caps last night....if they don’t do that and the Isles win this game, the Pens can still win this series, but they’ll lose promptly to Boston next round...

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
Being up 2-1 without the PP clicking and Sid's wingers not really doing much productive is a good spot to be.

Stay away from the dumb stuff and skate skate skate.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not a religious man, but I prayed before last game and posted that prayer for posterity. I will do so again.

Dear Hockey Gods,

@ColePens sucks. @Scandale du Jour and I have implored him to show You proper respect. We have told him that the only way to insure a Pens blowout is for him to wear the Tony Romo autographed Skechers that Scandy gave him for Christmas. He has foresaken You. But where Adam once ate the forbidden fruit and angered God, I humbly beseech You not to hold his fashion arrogance against us. Hear my prayer, oh hockey Gods.
Let the Pens prevail on this day and punish @ColePens instead by raining endless fire upon the Gucci warehouse. Amen.

Your Servant,
Kirk

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Fair. Lot's of reason for a @Jaded-Fan fan like you (or me) to have a negative vibe about this one, but if they find a way to pull it off, then there will be plenty of reason for even the most jaded among us to think this team is 2017 style special.

Thankfully Boston will be waiting to refill the jaded feelings tank, but that's for another way.

I have a bad feeling about this game as well... the hangover from the taxing game 3 and this being the dreaded afternoon game being my biggest concerns.

I really just hope they don't do the old disinterested and slow meh kinda deal in the first period.

Really hope they go up 3-1 that is huge!

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
The thing that gives me pause is the Pens have had rough period in essentially every game so far this series. If we get a lead, we need to put them away and not give them a chance to get back into the game.

We're not going to dominate a 100% of the time. Especially against a good team. I think we've outplayed them 60-70% of the time. The rest of the time you're hoping your goalie keeps you in it. In a tight series like this, that's the most you can wish for.

People act like we should control the play for all 60 minutes. It's just not possible against good competition.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We're not going to dominate a 100% of the time. Especially against a good team. I think we've outplayed them 60-70% of the time. The rest of the time you're hoping your goalie keeps you in it. In a tight series like this, that's the most you can wish for.

People act like we should control the play for all 60 minutes. It's just not possible against good competition.

I'm watching the Bruins spanking the Capitals as they can't really generate shots or possession through 2 periods to any degree closely resembling their game the first 3 games.

Seems like Ovi tore the team apart after his tirade against the goalie.

Now 3-0 Boston... Capitals are falling apart.

It's possible to control the entire game... not likely though... but possible.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

never under estimate this teams ability to rise/fall to a challenge. :yo:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not having to watch Rodrigues, Jank, Sceviour, or Lafferty is amazing.

Qrho.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm watching the Bruins spanking the Capitals as they can't really generate shots or possession through 2 periods to any degree closely resembling their game the first 3 games.

Seems like Ovi tore the team apart after his tirade against the goalie.

Now 3-0 Boston... Capitals are falling apart.

It's possible to control the entire game... not likely though... but possible.

Yeah, it's possible, but I'm not sure it has ever been the Pens thing, even in the cup years truth be told. The Caps last night were smothered and it went downhill from there. Even the 2016 Pens got pushed in any given game. It's just that Murray would be huge at those moments and/or the Pens would steamroll you when they pushed back.

(I could be misremembering)

Reactions: LOGiK and Andy99

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

To be fair, while the Islanders, especially without Lee, are flawed I have never seen a team as slow as the Capitals. Scuderi could beat most of them in a skating race. So neither team faced the test that they expected.

Reactions: KIRK

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If Line 1 shows up, this would be an easy win. If they don't, it's gonna be another nail biter.

The team scored 2.75 goals a game this year 5v5 when Crosby and Malkin were not on the ice. The bottom six and the entire defense has been unreal. Better than 2016. As long as the top six plays the Islanders top six even the Pens have a great chance of winning. And Barzel has been so missing he should be on a milk carton.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It'd be nice to see Geno get some energy and have a big game. He needs to get going.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad