GDT: Game 4 - Pittsburgh @ New York, Sat. May 22nd 3pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
"DON'T BE AFRAID OF WHAT COULD GO WRONG & BE EXCITED OF WHAT COULD GO RIGHT"
- not Bob Grove​

5ai8pt.jpg

LAST GAME THE ISLANDERS WENT BALLS OUT BUT THE PENS DON'T SCARE SO EASILY
5agrt2.jpg

5aibx2.jpg

tenor.gif

WHAT DOES CARTER THINK OF THE ISLANDERS CHANCES
200.gif

YOUR PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen
McCann-Carter-GOAT
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Ceci
Pettersson-Marino

Jarry
Lagace

tenor.gif

NYI GAMEPLAN

4b184cd3d05d7fb74702e533fd90cf3d.gif

BOO YORK ISLANDERS

Komarov-Barzal-Eberle
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Palmieri-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Pelech-Pulock
Leddy-Mayfield
Greene-Dobson

Varlamov
Sorokin​

ISLANDERS ARE USED TO DISAPPOINTING THEIR OWN

images

THIS HAS BEEN A TOM HANKS PRODUCTION
3c1353c265cb6fa64f8a9d42a451ba01.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What happened to Rust @Tom Hanks ? Was he traded when Kapanen cloned himself?

The old copy/paste from earlier in the season.

This was the team in my last NYI GDT:

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
McCann-Malkin-Rust
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev
Sceviour-Lafferty-Angello

Pettersson-Letang
Matheson-Marino
POJ-Ceci

DeSmith
Jarry

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Let's win this f***in game. Stay disciplined and stay focused and get that W and a 3-1 series lead going back to Pittsburgh.

I have a lot of confidence in them outplaying the Isles for at least 2 of 3 periods. Hopefully that and Jarry's performance is enough. I think they win this game. They seem determined to wrap this one up. The only thing that gives me pause is that it is a afternoon game.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Huge opportunity to for all practical purposes finish this series.

Islanders know this as well, which is why the Pens will have to come out and play as if they were down three games to none.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have a lot of confidence in them outplaying the Isles for at least 2 of 3 periods. Hopefully that and Jarry's performance is enough. I think they win this game. They seem determined to wrap this one up. The only thing that gives me pause is that it is a afternoon game.

The thing that gives me pause is the Pens have had rough period in essentially every game so far this series. If we get a lead, we need to put them away and not give them a chance to get back into the game.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Let's win this f***in game. Stay disciplined and stay focused and get that W and a 3-1 series lead going back to Pittsburgh.

The Islanders are going to try and bait the Pens in taking undisciplined penalties. The Pens need to be smart and stay away from that. Blueger's slash was a good example of what the Islanders were trying to accomplish by taking the Penguins off of their game. Then again it doesn't help that the refs turn a blind eye to the crap that the Islanders were doing. Still don't know how the Islanders got a PP on that one sequence.

Reactions: Andy99 and 66-30-33

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The “buckle up baby”, while cute, will sadly always be synonymous with the terrible post-cup Bylsma years.

Ripping shots with Crankshaft!

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
This Isles will be fighting for their lives today
We historically suck in afternoon games
Even though they lost Thursday, the Isles should have some confidence that their 3rd period 'plan' was successful

Not feeling good about this one, but they tie the series, we win the next 2

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
This Isles will be fighting for their lives today
We historically suck in afternoon games
Even though they lost Thursday, the Isles should have some confidence that their 3rd period 'plan' was successful

Not feeling good about this one, but they tie the series, we win the next 2
Therefore... We win today and finish it in Pittsburgh. f*** these clowns. Martin going after Marino was the final straw for me. That is all these pricks have. Talent level distance is ginormous.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
f*** off, it is noon for me, don't have the math skills to figure out what our friends in Asia face. ;-) It's always miserable in London so @Peat will hang... Let's crush these thugs!

We were having pretty nice weather until a week or so ago.

But yeah, nice to have evening games... except for how they tend to throw this team for a loop. Also I suspect the wife will be trying to watch Eurovision at the same time.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
3pm really sticks me in a very ugly position.... There is a lot going on I can either do either before 3pm.... which means, basically it means I won't be happy, heh, orrrrrrrr wait until possibly who knows when if this game goes to 3OT and the places all close and wifey and kid are staring daggers at me...

why screw the weekend up like this...... my luck I record and just watch it at 7 and then I hear someone saying who won the game ruining everything... bahhh

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
If Guentzel/Rust, or the powerplay as a unit, get going this game, we will win. Jarry seems to have settled in and I’m expecting an excellent performance out of him.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have a question... how often is NST wrong on their cute little advanaced stat numbers.

That isn't the first time I seen and personally posted two or three myself that posters have said that is wrong info....

So I actually see them advertise or say some stats are officially provided by NST... yet they have bogus information?

So now that makes me wonder.... how much or how often do they post bad numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad