GDT: Game 4 - Pittsburgh @ New York, Sat. May 22nd 3pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Luigi

Jul 13, 2019
Not feeling good about this team right now. Geno is basically a decoy, Jake and Rust can’t do dick, Zucker is a turd. Not enough offense from the back end either. Just meh.
Agreed. On paper this team looks like a contender. On ice they look slow, tired and worn out.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Right. Even if the Pens win this series, not seeing a deep run. I’d be happy to be wrong, but they need some things to change.

Watching Boston and Tampa, in particular, there's zero chance this team beats either of those teams even if they somehow find a way to scrape past the Isles.

Reactions: Andy99

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Penguins got 30 seconds of PP time today. The refs are sending a very clear message. It doesn't matter what Sullivan does.

He could complain about it for once, instead of always taking the high road in presser's when asked, as if that's ever actually improved anything for the better.

Trotz bitches about the reffing every year, did so prominently against us on the Caps in both Cup years, and every time his team usually ends up benefiting in calls the game after.

Sullivan's staple used to be his adaptability and willingness to experiment when he first got here. Ever since he refuses to change his system even when matched up against a team you know is only going to play one way going into it, and never brings up the pants on head officiating even when it's so clearly hindering the way his team wants to play.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
That game...I was hoping we'd get a lucky bounce early on in our favor, but that never happened.

+positive+
+ D were pinching in which was good.
+ Jarry actually played a good game
+ D was actually quite good overall, except for the quick exits.

-negatives-
- taking too long to move the puck up. This is my biggest issue, as everything starts from here. We aren't going to score much on they cycle, we need to score off the rush! I saw clear plays from the D POV where instead of passing straight up the left side to an open man, they decide to go cross ice diagonal. Why?
- nobody in Sorokin's face. Why weren't we conveniently being knocked into him?
- not enough quick shots on net

I think if we play a similar game, but quicken it up a little, and get a little dirtier in front of the net, we'll have something.

I'm not going to be doom and gloom. Other teams just play tighter and true to their system, vs we tend to fracture easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad