GDT: Game #4 | Phoenix Coyotes @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dats needs to be better. Z wasn't great either but not bad. if those two aren't playing at elite level, Abby on that line won't work.

Though I don't think Abby had that bad of a game.

Franzen...

Alfie with maybe his worst game so far. Disappointed in him. Same with Weiss. Recall him being more tenacious on the puck. Maybe Weiss needs more time to adjust to system and/or after that injury. or maybe he's just getting old and losing it.

Something needs to be done. Team is seriously lacking speed. Anyone know where to find it ? :sarcasm:

If you're Cory Emmerton, Drew Miller and Mikeal Samuelsson -- what do you think your job is as a 4th line, playing 7 minutes a night?
It's not a scoring line. Not a hitting line. Not an energy line. Not a defensive line.

What the **** is it?

I was thinking the same when I watched the game last night.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
whoa whoa whoa lets slow down. according to this article http://m.freep.com/Sports/article?a=2013310110047&f=1233

"Babcock might move up Mikael Samuelsson, who has a big right-handed shot that's not getting a lot of opportunity on the fourth line"

Thats our problem, Sammys being wasted on the 4th line with his big body and shot when he could be pulling a piano on his own line

LOLOL.

The real question is, how can we get heavier on the puck. Clearly we need to get heavier.

Let's bring up Brennan Evans and Tristan Grant at 230 and 218 lbs and play some real good hockey.

Nyquist isn't playing anytime soon, let's be real. Babcock is going to stick to his guns, even of his ship is sinking.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If you replace Abby with a legit winger datsyuk has 2 or 3 beautiful assists last night.

sure.

but that's a big if.

it's what it's with babs.

if wings want to win games like this, dats simply needs to be better. he wasn't that great defensively and didn't battle in the boards as he's used to - but the latter has been trending down in the last few years.

from the early look i think this team still needs to be carried by dats and z; unless there will be significant line changes. and knowing babs and holland i'm not that sure if that happens. even then it's not guaranteed.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
sure.

but that's a big if.

it's what it's with babs.

if wings want to win games like this, dats simply needs to be better. he wasn't that great defensively and didn't battle in the boards as he's used to - but the latter has been trending down in the last few years.

from the early look i think this team still needs to be carried by dats and z; unless there will be significant line changes. and knowing babs and holland i'm not that sure if that happens. even then it's not guaranteed.

Datsyuk did carry the team in my eyes. He's a playmaker, and he got his teammates multiple grade A scoring chances.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Watching the game and reading this thread, with Babcock's comments, just makes me wanna puke. I mean, come the **** on.

Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

Throw into a pit of fire: Sammy, Cleary

3 scoring lines, 1 line for hitters/PKers.

This doesn't even include Tootoo and Helm. What a ****storm.

I'm tired of this ****. Waiting for people to get injured so we can play our best lineup seems to be a terrible way to run a hockey team.

We have to buy Franzen out regardless. There is no way we can have this guy on the books for another 6 years. I'm not even that mad at his performance (which has been bad), it's just the only logical thing to do given the circumstances.

I have no idea what the advanced metrics for this team is through 4 games, but it has to look like ****.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Watching the game and reading this thread, with Babcock's comments, just makes me wanna puke. I mean, come the **** on.

Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

I'm tired of this ****. Waiting for people to get injured so we can play our best lineup seems to be a terrible way to run a hockey team.

We have to buy Franzen out regardless. There is no way we can have this guy on the books for another 6 years. I'm not even that mad at his performance (which has been bad), it's just the only logical thing to do given the circumstances.

I have no idea what the advanced metrics for this team is through 4 games, but it has to look like ****.

Not that bad. Borderline PO-team.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
“That’s not good enough for us. We weren’t good enough in any way,'' Babcock said. “We’ll have to look at our power play and everybody and what we’re doing. Obviously, we didn’t do a very good job as a coaching staff, because we weren’t prepared tonight.''
At least he's not stupid.

Second line:

“They didn’t generate any scoring opportunities, they weren’t clicking and they weren’t good enough for us, so we’re going to have to look at it and see what we can do.''

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

THESE LINES SUCK period I get you want tatar and nyquist get over it aint happening anytime soon if ever. We got to move three bodies first just to get nyquist which think he will get shot by end of year but tatar is gonna get royally screwed and is because he is not elite at own end and he is small so he is DONE in detroit as long as Babcock is managing time and lines you might as well MOVE ON.

I am telling you all Tatar is not in long term plans no matter the BS Mike or Ken put out there on they are needed on the team crap.

We got to split up zetterberg and datsyuk is no other choice a good move would be lines like this

datsyuk abdelkader nyquist/bertuzzi or maybe sammy
zetterberg alfie franzen
weiss bertuzzi/sammy cleary
andersson miller tootoo

Fippula got put on third line with two rookies and is working very well in tampa. We need to do similiar thing so can get three scoring lines going. One energy or grinder type of mix up line. Problem is we really dont have a great energy or grinder line at this time. Is what it is. Got to move bodies and might as well give up on Tatar just my opinion but figure am 100% on.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
My lines
Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

Your counter to my "LINES THAT SUCK":
datsyuk abdelkader nyquist/bertuzzi or maybe sammy
zetterberg alfie franzen
weiss bertuzzi/sammy cleary
andersson miller tootoo

Any my lines are bad? I'm done playing the realism game here with Babcock and his hard on for "heavy" and "grit" and "terrible ****ing hockey".

kilgoretrout

Nov 16, 2011
He also said this...

"Babcock might move up Mikael Samuelsson, who has a big right-handed shot that's not getting a lot of opportunity on the fourth line"

So clearly, he is.

I'm not sure there is any indication from Babcock himself saying he'd move up Samuelsson. He isn't quoted here, unless he talks about himself in the third person.

This seems a lot more like speculation on Helene St. James' part. She writes it right after saying "other possibilities include....."

I hate that idea, but I would slow down saying Babcock himself said this.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'm not sure there is any indication from Babcock himself saying he'd move up Samuelsson. He isn't quoted here, unless he talks about himself in the third person.

This seems a lot more like speculation on Helene St. James' part. She writes it right after saying "other possibilities include....."

Yeah, upon a closer reading, post-coffee, I see that the article is nothing but St. James speculating what Babcock might do.

I'm curious to see what the lines are in practice today.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

True. Should have taken a closer look.

Have to figure she's pulling that from somewhere though, right?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
True. Should have taken a closer look.

Have to figure she's pulling that from somewhere though, right?

Eh, with St. James no one ever knows. She seems to do an awful lot of speculation and it sometimes makes me wonder what the lines would look like if she was the coach. First line of Bert - Sammy - Cleary?

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Eh, with St. James no one ever knows. She seems to do an awful lot of speculation and it sometimes makes me wonder what the lines would look like if she was the coach. First line of Bert - Sammy - Cleary?

So much heavy grit on that line that the other team wouldn't even bother showing up.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
My lines
Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

Your counter to my "LINES THAT SUCK":

Any my lines are bad? I'm done playing the realism game here with Babcock and his hard on for "heavy" and "grit" and "terrible ****ing hockey".

Dont get me wrong I dont disagree I was the one guy saying the whole thing is not hollands fault but mikes a few weeks ago with the cleary deal.

I think is 100% MIKE and what he says he needs etc.. Cause until is emergency he doesnt usually do the correct things lol.

Mike needs to work out what works best and stop with favorites and base it on what will and will not work. He seems very bull headed the last three years in this regard unfortunately. So we have the cluster object we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad