probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
My lines
Z-Dats-Bert
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie
Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Abby

Was playing around a little this morning and trying to think of some.

Nyquist Datsyuk Alfredsson
Tatar Zetterberg Franzen
Cleary Weiss Bertuzzi
Abdelkader Andersson Sammy/Miller/Tootoo

Zetterberg Datsyuk Alfredsson
Nyquist Weiss Franzen
Tatar Andersson Bertuzzi
Cleary Addelkader Sammy/Miller/Tootoo

My thinking was the second line doesn't seem to have the jump and may be some youth could get it going. Would also like to see the fourth line turn into a grinding line and insert Tootoo and Abby together.

These were thrown together pretty quickly.

FlyingRed752

Sep 26, 2013
All I know, is that the wings are rolling with this:

ClearyNailsFaceOnNet.gif

over this:

cpXeS0c.gif

and this:

o9dgvOo.gif

Johnny Law

Sep 16, 2008
Philadelphia
Phoenix came in and did the same thing teams have done to beat the Wings for 10 years. Dial up the pressure, have good energy and have a little luck.

Outside of the 1st line who aren't speedy but are super dangerous there is no downside to being super aggressive. You either beat that kind of forecheck with really good passing, which lines 2-4 just couldn't do last night or with speed. Helm certainly would have backed those dudes off, Nyquist probably and maybe even Tatar on that slow as dirt 3rd line.

Anyone who's played hockey even at the local pond knows you play alot of times at the tempo of your fastest guy. I think last year they played with better tempo because the young guys particularly Nyquist play up tempo and then your kind of forced to skate at his speed if you want to be effective. That 3rd line is way too slow and the 2nd line isn't alot better. I know Babcock doesn't like Tatar but they should give that kid a chance on the 3rd or 2nd line. Nyquist would be better but we all know that ain't happening.

The faceoff stuff is not playing in 5 days, the entry on the PP was terrible which is weird because they had a bunch of time to work that out.

I think most nights they actually win that game, Hank rang one of the post, Afrogator probably scores if he puts that anywhere else.

The things that concern me long term are the poor play of Alfie and the 2nd line in general and the tempo lines 2 and 3 want to play at.

I like Babcock, I think he is there best option but if comes back with that same 3rd line.......

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Sammy has sucked so far this season so the best idea would be to continue to bench the younger players and move Sammy up to a top 6 roll where with his indiscriminate shot selection he'll end up injuring one of his teammates. Brillant

FlyingRed752

Sep 26, 2013
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind the Wings at least experimenting with a Nyquist - Weiss - Tatar second line....at least even in practice?...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What site are you using?

same ol', same ol'. hockeyanalysis

pure 5 on 5 they look like solid po team. ofc very small ample size.

but close numbers they are borderline. and leafs/carlyle seem more or less deny the corsi numbers so i'll give them little benefit there.. they should come down though. here the sample size gets even smaller though.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind the Wings at least experimenting with a Nyquist - Weiss - Tatar second line....at least even in practice?...

I think people would like any combination of lines that has Tatar and Nyquist in them.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
same ol', same ol'. hockeyanalysis

pure 5 on 5 they look like solid po team. ofc very small ample size.

but close numbers they are borderline. and leafs/carlyle seem more or less deny the corsi numbers so i'll give them little benefit there.. they should come down though. here the sample size gets even smaller though.
They weren't up for a while... Didn't see that 'till today.

Corsi Numbers take a while to normalize. You can't judge anything off the first four games.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
There are so many worthless players in this team. The sad part is people will continue to defend Holland and Babcock because of what has happened in the past, even as the team slips steadily into the bottom tier of the league.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There are so many worthless players in this team. The sad part is people will continue to defend Holland and Babcock because of what has happened in the past, even as the team slips steadily into the bottom tier of the league.

Pray tell, who is doing that?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
All I know, is that the wings are rolling with this:

ClearyNailsFaceOnNet.gif

over this:

cpXeS0c.gif

and this:

o9dgvOo.gif

Watching that Nyquist gif makes me sad. He was awesome in the playoffs last year,even when he wasn't on the box score.

"Brent Seabrook hold my d---------------------------"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad