Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Pens vs. Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Ya a 50/50 chance at winning the series is really what we want.

The Bs are about the sweep the Rags. I don't want this series to go to 6 or 7, which it will if we lose next game.

Really, the Rangers already forfeited the next game? I mean, I'd be embarrassed by that effort tonight, too, but damn.

And most picked the series to go to 6 anyways. It's amazing.

Pens fans before the series: I think we'll win in 6
Pens fans being up 2-1: The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Game 5 against the Isles.

We won 4-0. Both the DCI and KMN were directly responsible for an even strength goal.

Crosby and Malkin have not both had an even strength point in a game since Game 6.

In fact, Malkin doesn't have an even strength point since the first period of game one, before Dan changed the lines back.

The Kunitz - Malkin - Neal line was together for 3 games (combing game 1 of round 1 which Neal got hurt in second, and game 1 of this round where they played together for the first 2 periods). In that time, they had all of 2 even strength goals, one of which was the terribly weak Douglas Murray goal in the game 5 you speak of.

The Iggy - Malkin - Neal line/Neal - Malkin - Iggy line actually has just as much even strength production. And while you can be quick to point out that Numbers don't mean anything, they've also looked very good over the past few games despite not scoring, and I don't buy the whole Malkin is looking good in spite of his linemates. I've seen Iginla and Neal play very well and strong down low, getting the puck deep and retrieving (something many seem to think only Kunitz can do for Geno).

That's not to say that the lines may not be better the other way, but just pointing it out that It may not be sacrilege to suggest that Bylsma, the guy with an actual vested interest I. The outcome and who gets to evaluate the lines up close during both games and practice, along with the players themselves may actually know what they are doing. Oh, and that there may just be a tiny bit of confirmation bias going on this forum that has convinced itself so assuredly that the Neal - Malkin - Iggy line is the worst possible line that could ever be constructed.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Call me crazy but I'd much rather have better odds that 50/50.

Especially since y'know...we're the better team in a lot of ways.

I wouldn't say in a lot of ways. Ottawa has the better goaltending, coaching, pk, faceoffs, defence and even strength. Pittsburgh obviously has the edge by a large margin in elite skill and powerplay. If the Sens stay out of the box, they will win, bottom line.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Please, if the Pens can't recover from an away loss tomorrow they don't even deserve to SNIFF the cup anyway.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh

I think it has to do with we had the game won, but blew it in the last 30 seconds making this a much tougher series on ourselves than it needed to be. It gives Ottawa hope and more importantly, fight. I didn't doubt we would win the last series, and I don't doubt we'll win this one... but we are making it so much harder on ourselves and missing out on the perks that being a dominate team comes up.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
The Kunitz - Malkin - Neal line was together for 3 games (combing game 1 of round 1 which Neal got hurt in second, and game 1 of this round where they played together for the first 2 periods). In that time, they had all of 2 even strength goals, one of which was the terribly weak Douglas Murray goal in the game 5 you speak of.

The Iggy - Malkin - Neal line/Neal - Malkin - Iggy line actually has just as much even strength production. And while you can be quick to point out that Numbers don't mean anything, they've also looked very good over the past few games despite not scoring, and I don't buy the whole Malkin is looking good in spite of his linemates. I've seen Iginla and Neal play very well and strong down low, getting the puck deep and retrieving (something many seem to think only Kunitz can do for Geno).

That's not to say that the lines may not be better the other way, but just pointing it out that It may not be sacrilege to suggest that Bylsma, the guy with an actual vested interest I. The outcome and who gets to evaluate the lines up close during both games and practice, along with the players themselves may actually know what they are doing. Oh, and that there may just be a tiny bit of confirmation bias going on this forum that has convinced itself so assuredly that the Neal - Malkin - Iggy line is the worst possible line that could ever be constructed.

I thought they looked good in game 2. But the last game was nearly 100% Geno. It also doesnt change the fact that that line is a nightmare waiting to happen defensively.

And Dan isn't exactly known for his ingenious decisions, vested interest or not, he's also quite stubborn.

If they looked the same way they did in game 2 every game, I'd be fine with it. But they dont, and the team would be improved if Neal and Iggy were separated. It's my opinion based on watching the games, not any confirmation bias.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
On the bright side of a long series, this might be the last time we ever see a team this stacked in a Pens uniform. More games to see some magic moments, even in a loss.

Ray Shero*

Really, the Rangers already forfeited the next game? I mean, I'd be embarrassed by that effort tonight, too, but damn.

And most picked the series to go to 6 anyways. It's amazing.

Pens fans before the series: I think we'll win in 6

but we're poop if we're not better than the broons haven't ya heard boy :sarcasm:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
but we're poop if we're not better than the broons haven't ya heard boy :sarcasm:

It really is a shame. I mean they're also facing way stiffer competition than us with those lively and offensively gifted Rangers. Can't believe the way they're able to shut them down. :laugh:

LGP6687

Apr 3, 2013
I just want to see the Penguins play the way they played in the last game, but for 60 minutes instead of 58 and a half minutes. Not 59 minutes. Not 59 minutes and 50 seconds. 60 freaking minutes this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad