GDT: Game #4 Kraken @ Flyers 4pm PT/7pm ET

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
One thing ive noticed is that a lot of our shots dont seem to come from the slot area and more on/in? the wing area and where our opponents have been able to get into the slot/ front of the net area alot easier then us
I’ve noticed that there aren’t many shots being taken to begin with. Going game by game and the top six barely ever shoots. Eberle having 5 shots tonight is such an incredible outlier so far this year. Usually everyone in the top six is around 1-2 shots. That isn’t good. Wennberg doesn’t shoot at all and if he doesn’t start soon, he will become the player for Seattle, that past teams have given up on.

Starting to question the makeup of this roster. Not enough players willing to shoot or it’s a system based issue. Either way, willing to give some time but I sure as hell hope this isn’t the hockey they plan to play.

Seattle is actually dead last in shots for. This is pretty worrying and has the makings of a pretty rough season if this is the trend.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyIce0401

BeniersIsKraken

2022-23 Adopted Kraken: Matty Beniers
Jul 24, 2021
I’ve noticed that there aren’t many shots being taken to begin with. Going game by game and the top six barely ever shoots. Eberle having 5 shots tonight is such an incredible outlier so far this year. Usually everyone in the top six is around 1-2 shots. That isn’t good. Wennberg doesn’t shoot at all and if he doesn’t start soon, he will become the player for Seattle, that past teams have given up on.

Starting to question the makeup of this roster. Not enough players willing to shoot or it’s a system based issue. Either way, willing to give some time but I sure as hell hope this isn’t the hockey they plan to play.

Seattle is actually dead last in shots for. This is pretty worrying and has the makings of a pretty rough season if this is the trend.

I’ve noticed a lot of our shots are also often blocked by the opposing team. Hard to nail down why a lot of shots are getting blocked and why we are not generating enough chances - it could be both a coaching/system issue or a general lack of offensive talent.

Not having more offensively gifted players in Jarnkrok, Gourde, ABB and Dunn certainly doesn’t help either.

Reactions: MattyIce0401

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
That was terrible.

Looked like an old school expansion team and completely fell apart after their first goal.

For a team that is supposedly built from the back on out we also give up way too many grade A chances and I'm not just talking about this game.

Offensively we're not able to create good shots or high danger chances(way too easy to keep outside) and don't crash the net enough to make it tough on the opposing teams goalie.

Will be interesting to see what the response will be tonight.

Was Giordano as bad as the box score shows?

Yes, but he wasn't the only one.
I liked Soucy the best from our defensive group.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I imagine it's pretty tough to start a season with a long road trip like this, blowouts will happen. Philly was ready.
Not too worried but hoping to see them respond with a solid win over the Debs.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Where does Yanni slide into the line-up?

I'm thinking the J-Line remains (Schwartz-McCann-Eberle) and Gourde is playing with Wennberg and Donskoi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad