GDT: [Game #4] Dallas Stars @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 6:00 PM CT (BS-SW)

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Fairs fair, I criticized them heavily after the loss to Ottawa, so they deserve some praise tonight. Much better 3rd period, some chances created and they kept their cool in the S/O. Goaltending is good. Good win!

Reactions: Dallasman
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I'll give Bowness a little credit for finally figuring out the BRoS needed to be split up (he should've figured it out halfway through last game, but better late than never). Benn and Seguin both need fast wingers to cover for their slow asses, and Radulov needs someone to cover for him when he stays out way too long on a shift.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just finished watching a win and not a bad game from the Stars; they actually were able to pass the puck around and create some chances off the rush, etc… but what would’ve it had been had the Pens had one if not both of Crosby or Malkin?

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Just finished watching a win and not a bad game from the Stars; they actually were able to pass the puck around and create some chances off the rush, etc… but what would’ve it had been had the Pens had one if not both of Crosby or Malkin?

What would it have been like if Dallas had Klingberg and Robertson? I know Crosby and Malkin are first-ballot hall of farmers who still contribute a lot, but the Stars are without a pair of first line/first pair guys who are arguably as big a part of their current success.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
One thing I have to ask is what is the consistent line shuffling of players going to do? I mean we had some good lines at times tonight but the team overall just played better.

Bones has shuffled all the forwards around but a line with Benn playing center with Gurianov and another winger he hasn’t looked at, at all. He did this through training camp and preseason and it seemed like a good look as far as a line but now he hasn’t even tried it. Hilarious.

Reactions: Elysian

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
What would it have been like if Dallas had Klingberg and Robertson? I know Crosby and Malkin are first-ballot hall of farmers who still contribute a lot, but the Stars are without a pair of first line/first pair guys who are arguably as big a part of their current success.
Good point. Robertson and Klingberg would’ve been nice to have as well.

edit - unfortunately it also worked out for us cause Oettinger didn’t have to face a shootout.

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

You don't have to come up with silly excuses when the Stars win, that's reserved for defending their mediocrity when they lose.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Much better effort all around.

Miro is amazing.

Rads seems to be getting better each game. Love his effort.

Seguin I thought looked better when he was separated from Benn & Rads. He still did not look great, but I thought he looked better.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Every coach we ever had juggled lines, often mid game like last night. What are they to do? Even if they like a pair of FW together, if they aren't working that night, do you stick with them or make a change? You'll be criticized either way by some segment of the fan base.

The positives here are that each of Nill's offseason moves looks great so far, i.e., Raffle, Glendenning, Holtby.

They played 2 good periods instead of just 1. They came back to dominate the third after being dominated the second, and that bounceback ability has led to their success.

Their OT/Shootout luck seems to be turning. Hopefully, we will win as many this year as we lost last year.

The negatives so far....

Sports Nation said their roster looks more like 2010, which is true.

Top players are yet to get going and some questions if they will (Rads excepted)

Stars have played more 1 goal games than any other team the last few years, and they are built that way. So, we expect more nail biting, it's just the way it is.

But, a win is a win. It's never easy in the NHL, and especially rarely easy for the Stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way it very much shows the team worked on OT and Shootout after last seasons disasterous performance in extra time and the skills comp. The shootout was especially noticeable . Faksa also should've scored . He had Jarry beat and narrowly only hit the outside of the net.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
By the way it very much shows the team worked on OT and Shootout after last seasons disasterous performance in extra time and the skills comp. The shootout was especially noticeable . Faksa also should've scored . He had Jarry beat and narrowly only hit the outside of the net.

I never rewatched Faksa’s attempt, but it looked like Jarry got just a piece of it

either way, it was a better shootout then watching Benn and Seguin just shoot

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
must've been at the expense of power play practice.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Every coach we ever had juggled lines, often mid game like last night. What are they to do? Even if they like a pair of FW together, if they aren't working that night, do you stick with them or make a change? You'll be criticized either way by some segment of the fan base.

The positives here are that each of Nill's offseason moves looks great so far, i.e., Raffle, Glendenning, Holtby.

They played 2 good periods instead of just 1. They came back to dominate the third after being dominated the second, and that bounceback ability has led to their success.

Their OT/Shootout luck seems to be turning. Hopefully, we will win as many this year as we lost last year.

The negatives so far....

Top players are yet to get going and some questions if they will (Rads excepted)

Stars have played more 1 goal games than any other team the last few years, and they are built that way. So, we expect more nail biting, it's just the way it is.

But, a win is a win. It's never easy in the NHL, and especially rarely easy for the Stars.
Conveniently leaving Suter and his garbage play and contact out of his offseason moves

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The negatives so far....

Heck, I'll give Bowness some credit here. Juggling lines is what helped win the game by breaking up the Benn-Seguin-Radulov line that was getting run over every shift.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad