Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 DALLAS - Dallas 38-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He blew out his knee in the playoffs. He’s literally damaged goods. Which they knew when they signed him. And if you believe Bert Breer’s report, they used to drive down his price, and that discount is the only reason they had interest in him.

So once again, instead of bringing in difference makers, Bill is diving headlong into the discount bin hoping to show the world how smart he is. Never mind that it blew up in their face and that Juju can’t play and the rest of their receivers are stiffs.

Its incredible how inept the WR are. As bad as Jones looked today, watching I think Bourne fade towards the outside tracking #10's cross field throw, knowing he ran a
10 yard straight ahead and expected the Dallas CB to not waltz in and pick the pass off was mind boggling. Come on dude come back to the ball instead of fading out.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Judon and Gonzales out and the D is going to become as ordinary as the O in the coming weeks. Feels like a 4-5 W season with the team they have put together.

If Bills tenure as GM / Coach of the Patriots ends with a loss to the Jets it would haunt him for the rest of his life IMO.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Judon and Gonzales out and the D is going to become as ordinary as the O in the coming weeks. Feels like a 4-5 W season with the team they have put together.

If Bill’s tenure as GM / Coach of the Patriots ends with a loss to the Jets it would haunt him for the rest of his life IMO.
That’s what it’s looking like today.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This is my takeaway as well. If Gonzalez and Judon are both out an extended period I don't know how anyone could say the Patriots are even guaranteed to clean up on other bad teams. Because that's what the Patriots are now. Not mediocre. Just flat out bad at football.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The only teams I think the Patriots are ahead of:

Chicago (somehow lost to them last year)
Denver
Carolina

That's it. That is the entire list. There are four games I look at as games that will determine if this is like a 6 win team max or if they truly bottom out:

Saints
Raiders
Broncos
Jets

You'd be foolish to call any of those locks. Right now the Pats are 1.5 pt home favorites against the Saints. A toss up. Things could get ugly in the stands at Gillette on Sunday.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Its incredible how inept the WR are. As bad as Jones looked today, watching I think Bourne fade towards the outside tracking #10's cross field throw, knowing he ran a
10 yard straight ahead and expected the Dallas CB to not waltz in and pick the pass off was mind boggling. Come on dude come back to the ball instead of fading out.
Nah, man. That pick 6 was entirely on the QB. You simply can’t make that throw, and most kids playing Pop Warner even understand that. That’s QB 101 stuff, and he did it twice in that game, but got away with it the first time.

If you have the arm strength of Brett Favre, or Mahomes, maybe you can pull it off more often than not, but it’s still a really bad decision to make.

Reactions: capecodder

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Nah, man. That pick 6 was entirely on the QB. You simply can’t make that throw, and most kids playing Pop Warner even understand that. That’s QB 101 stuff, and he did it twice in that game, but got away with it the first time.

If you have the arm strength of Brett Favre, or Mahomes, maybe you can pull it off more often than not, but it’s still a really bad decision to make.

Yeah it was a bad throw of course, hence my how bad Jones includes that throw.

BUT I was taught literally in Freshmen football as a wide receiver in his spot, not to fade from the ball in those exact circumstances. He literally ran a route 12 yards straight ahead and then faded towards the sideline allowing the defender in a freaking wheel chair the ability to cut in front of him. That's a pathetic bit of reading a broken play with the ball coming to you. He absolutely deserves a piece of the blame pie.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

If Bills tenure as GM / Coach of the Patriots ends with a loss to the Jets it would haunt him for the rest of his life IMO.
Missing CB’s 1-4 and your top pass rusher will do that do a defense in a league predicated on passing.

Even with those injuries the defense did fine yesterday. Probably enough to win if the offense was competent and not handing the cowboys points.

Last edited:

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Missing CB’s 1-4 and your top pass rusher will do that do a defense in a league predicated on passing.

Even with those injuries the defense did fine yesterday. Probably enough to win if the offense was competent and not handing the cowboys points.
Understood and agree that yesterday wasn't on the D. Just looking at an Offence that if lucky will only spot 7 on turnovers and maybe score between 17 and 21 pts. That's asking a banged up D to allow less than 2 scores a game to have a chance - AND - asking them to play upwards of 60% of the minutes because the Offence sucks. That (35+ mins and less than 2 scores against) isn't going to happen most weekends unfortunately for this D as it now stands.

They are just not a good offensive or special teams, team, anymore and nobody is going to bail them out.

I wonder how much Bill actually realises that the team he put together sucks in 2/3rds of NFL level football phases and is able to self-inspect to get better. His post game didn't suggest that and he reminded me of a simmering Tortorelli just before snapping. Gotta think that he'll be on high simmer from here on in with guys walking on eggshells in the building.

Still a great football mind but Kraft had got to be having "his people" start looking for the next GM because if they do tank and have multiple early firsts the next 2 years, do you really want Bill the GM making those picks?? I don't.

Reactions: rfournier103

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Understood and agree that yesterday wasn't on the D. Just looking at an Offence that if lucky will only spot 7 on turnovers and maybe score between 17 and 21 pts. That's asking a banged up D to allow less than 2 scores a game to have a chance - AND - asking them to play upwards of 60% of the minutes because the Offence sucks. That (35+ mins and less than 2 scores against) isn't going to happen most weekends unfortunately for this D as it now stands.

They are just not a good offensive or special teams, team, anymore and nobody is going to bail them out.

I wonder how much Bill actually realises that the team he put together sucks in 2/3rds of NFL level football phases and is able to self-inspect to get better. His post game didn't suggest that and he reminded me of a simmering Tortorelli just before snapping. Gotta think that he'll be on high simmer from here on in with guys walking on eggshells in the building.

Still a great football mind but Kraft had got to be having "his people" start looking for the next GM because if they do tank and have multiple early firsts the next 2 years, do you really want Bill the GM making those picks?? I don't.
Totally agree- they just don’t have enough talent on offense especially and it’s been a repeated issue that we’ve all been able to see for years and nothing has been done to address it. It does lend one to wonder wtf Bill the GM is doing

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Good post.

If Bob Kraft hasn’t started looking for the next GM already, I think the time to start looking is now. If not, then I think I misjudged his love for this franchise.

I’m an optimist, but even I can see that the season is lost.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
My next question is do you want Kraft to just turn things over to Mayo or is it better to clean house and target someone like Ben Johnson in Detroit?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
the we can win without Brady and Mac experiment end in the same year. bottom out, clean house draft a potential franchise QB. Hope Bill goes to contender with a QB for one last chance

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Hope Bill goes to contender with a QB for one last chance
I don't hope this for Bill Belichick. He created the mess we have here. And on top of it he still thinks he gets to act like a complete dickhead. The guy has clearly been exposed without Tom Brady. So no I will not be wishing that he gets to hook on with a talented team.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think you won't know what you got in a QB unless you surround them with SOME resemblance of talent.

This is certainly an issue with the Patriots right now. The O line is meh as are the receivers plus the running game is non-existent. I think if Jones had better protection & receivers/runners he'd be a different QB. Not necessarily a Hall of Famer but a good solid NFL QB.

Reactions: Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't hope this for Bill Belichick. He created the mess we have here. And on top of it he still thinks he gets to act like a complete dickhead. The guy has clearly been exposed without Tom Brady. So no I will not be wishing that he gets to hook on with a talented team.
I get. But I don’t need to him to suffer for life

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I do think that if the 49ers drafted Mac Jones instead of Trey Lance, he'd be having the same success Purdy is right now. Just an opinion of course. But that's a credit to Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. Think of that. They wasted so much capital on moving up to take Trey Lance and it hasn't impacted them at all that he's a complete bust. That's how you know you're ultimately good at your job. You can make a colossal blunder/gamble like that and still have the best team in football.

Part of me felt bad for Mac Jones on the podium yesterday. I am not rooting for him to fail/suck. I realize he isn't surrounded by much. Everyone knows that. I am just so tired of the awful, awful turnovers/decisions that he simply can't get out of his game. That part is on him.

I get. But I don’t need to him to suffer for life
I don't either. He can retire to Nantucket and live a comfortable life. He doesn't need to coach any longer.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

There is literally nothing I want less than for Bill to go to a contender.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I do think that if the 49ers drafted Mac Jones instead of Trey Lance, he'd be having the same success Purdy is right now. Just an opinion of course. But that's a credit to Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. Think of that. They wasted so much capital on moving up to take Trey Lance and it hasn't impacted them at all that he's a complete bust. That's how you know you're ultimately good at your job. You can make a colossal blunder/gamble like that and still have the best team in football.

Part of me felt bad for Mac Jones on the podium yesterday. I am not rooting for him to fail/suck. I realize he isn't surrounded by much. Everyone knows that. I am just so tired of the awful, awful turnovers/decisions that he simply can't get out of his game. That part is on him.

I don't either. He can retire to Nantucket and live a comfortable life. He doesn't need to coach any longer.

not a bad idea, the fact I see very little said about Bill Obrien who was given the keys to offense and the narrative we hear ALL OFFSEASON that he would help Mac and make Mac Alabama Mac tells me he and Mac are getting a pass. Heck Patricia looked better lol than that disgrace by Obrien yesterday who looks over his head.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
not a bad idea, the fact I see very little said about Bill Obrien who was given the keys to offense and the narrative we hear ALL OFFSEASON that he would help Mac and make Mac Alabama Mac tells me he and Mac are getting a pass. Heck Patricia looked better lol than that disgrace by Obrien yesterday who looks over his head.
People aren't talking BOB because they have convinced themselves that Matt Patricia was the only reason the offense sucked last year. The reality is it wasn't Patricia's fault. He shouldn't have been the OC but the offense sucks in general because of personnel and also horrible decision making by the QB. BOB isn't a cure all. He's running into the same issues Matt Patricia had.

Reactions: capecodder

Babajingo

1696263949165.png

Funny, when they were winning, Bel is a genius, anything he said was him playing chess. Now that they suck, everyone gets pissed at his moves/statements.
What story are all the Pats media ball washers going to come up with now? injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad