Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 DALLAS - Dallas 38-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Still though, it was months of offseason talk about Obrien fixing the offense. His offense is terrible.
His offense is fine if given any viable talent. The problem is that bill as gm did nothing other than add an actual competent OC to that group this off-season. He left the porous offensive line from last year the same and they got worse at the Wr spot because they lost their best option in Meyers and replaced him with a guy that has a bum knee in JuJu. You throw in Damian Harris and Nelson Ahghalor leaving with only Zeke being added and you get this dumpster fire.

Reactions: Mione134

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
how much money have they spent on TE's with Mac Jones as QB
Overpaying for a stiff line Jonnu Smith doesn’t make you any better. It was like taking the cash and flushing it down the shitter. Just because they paid him that much money didn’t mean he was going to suddenly become a good pass catching tight end with a lot of production. He sucked and always has.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Who does either team have left on their schedule that they're going to beat? The Raiders have the Bears i guess. Other than that it's clear losses or close match ups
I guess we just define "reasonable" differently.

Raiders upcoming home games against the Jets, giants, pats and packers and away against the bears and Colts. You really think it's "reasonable" they lose ALL of those games? I'll take that bet and I hate the Raiders.

Broncos will finish the season with at least a handful of wins. In particular, sure there's a chance they lose vs the Jets this weekend (I think they blew their wad yesterday) and later at home against the pats, but I seriously doubt it. They've been scoring over 20 pts a game, so good luck to the pats, especially if they are down their best defenders.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Overpaying for a stiff line Jonny Smith doesn’t make you any better. It was like taking the cash and flushing it down the shitter. Just because they paid him that much money didn’t mean he was going to suddenly become a good pass catching tight end with a lot of production. He sucked and always has.
yesterday Jonnu had 6 for 95, I think the excuses for Mac are up. He won't make players better and never will

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
yesterday Jonnu had 6 for 95, I think the excuses for Mac are up
You’re barking up the wrong tree my friend. That’s his all time best game as a pro in terms of yards and receptions and only the 3rd time in 94 pro games where he’s caught 6 passes. He’s also got 17 pro games with zero catches, so he’s 3X more likely to not catch a damn thing than he is to grab 6 in a game. You’re looking at it anecdotally and it’s misguided at best. Jonnu flat out sucks.

Reactions: Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You’re barking up the wrong tree my friend. That’s his all time best game as a pro in terms of yards and only the 3rd time in 94 pro games where he’s caught 6 passes. He’s also got 17 pro games with zero Al catches so he’s 3X more likely to not catch a damn thing than he is to grab 6 in a game. You’re looking at it anecdotally and it’s misguided at best. Jonnu flat out sucks.

I just think most players will hit their career lows with Mac, he's a floor type of QB.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I just think most players will hit their career lows with Mac, he's a floor type of QB.
Yet that’s simply not true. I get you have an agenda against him and want to ball wash Bailey f***ing Zappe of all people, but you’re letting your bias cloud your judgment. Zappe sucks. He’s not good at all which is why nobody claimed him when he got cut. Nobody. Now that being said, Mac Jones also sucks but just not as much as Zappe. The problem any quarterback is going to have with this team is zero protection from a really shitty offensive line, and zero quality receivers. Hunter Henry is a nice pass catching TE as a complimentary piece but he isn’t the guy to carry your offense, yet that’s where they’re at because their WRs are so f***ing putrid and talentless. You could get Patrick Mahomes in here and he’d struggle because they have no actual skill players on that side of the ball. That’s all on the hooded pretender, Cleveland Bill. He took a steaming shit on the roster on the offensive side for the fourth straight year in a row. He’s the problem.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yet that’s simply not true. I get you have an agenda against him and want to ball wash Bailey f***ing Zappe of all people, but you’re letting your bias cloud your judgment. Zappe sucks. He’s not good at all which is why nobody claimed him when he got cut. Nobody. Now that being said, Mac Jones also sucks but just not as much as Zappe. The problem any quarterback is going to have with this team is zero protection from a really shitty offensive line, and zero quality receivers. Hunter Henry is a nice pass catching TE as a complimentary piece but he isn’t the guy to carry your offense, yet that’s where they’re at because their WRs are so f***ing putrid and talentless. You could get Patrick Mahomes in here and he’d struggle because they have no actual skill players on that side of the ball. That’s all on the hooded pretender, Cleveland Bill. He took a steaming shit on the roster on the offensive side for the fourth straight year in a row. He’s the problem.

Mac's record speaks for itself so accusing me of pumping Zappe's tires is getting old. I want Caleb Williams at this point and to clean house. It's time to bottom out. As far as Bill goes, I've seen his ceiling, he's clearing missing Brady but Newton and Jones are straight up JAGS who would sink any coach

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The biggest problem right now is OL health which exposes the deficiencies of the skill players more than it would otherwise with a healthy line that can run block and pass block.

But if you're asking me what team would be better: the current set of WRs with an upper-tier QB like Lamar or Herbert, or Mac Jones with a Tyreek Hill or Keenan Allen at #1, I'm taking the QB upgrade.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Just checked one of the top mock sites.

Pats are at 7 Williams Maye and Ewers are all gone before then. Unless Sanders is an option.

Id rather Harrison Jr
Michael Penix has also made better passes than anyone I’ve seen this season. There’s going to be 5 quarterbacks in the 1st round this year unless Shedeur Sanders falls off.

Still, the problem is I expect Bill to take a DB, G, or OT even if they make it that high. He somehow can’t see that the lack of offensive weapons/top tier QB play is what’s killing this team.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Ted Johnson was saying on sports Sunday that Judon is likely done for the year, speaking from his experience with torn biceps.
Depending upon how bad a tear (muscle, tendon, or at the bone) it could definitely be a end of season injury. Bicep tear off the tendon is a very long recovery and rehab process. 2nd only to an achilles in terms or rehab.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Onwenu, Mafi, and Lowe graded out incredibly poorly. As did Andrews, though he was good in the first 3 games

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You’re barking up the wrong tree my friend. That’s his all time best game as a pro in terms of yards and receptions and only the 3rd time in 94 pro games where he’s caught 6 passes. He’s also got 17 pro games with zero catches, so he’s 3X more likely to not catch a damn thing than he is to grab 6 in a game. You’re looking at it anecdotally and it’s misguided at best. Jonnu flat out sucks.
Jonnu has 4, 5 and 6 catches in three games with his new team. He might suck but that's far more production/consistency in just three games than we ever saw here. I don't know if that's Mac's fault, a coaching problem or a combination of both but Jonnu Smith has been a decent football player everywhere except Foxboro.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jonnu has 4, 5 and 6 catches in three games with his new team. He might suck but that's far more production/consistency in just three games than we ever saw here. I don't know if that's Mac's fault, a coaching problem or a combination of both but Jonnu Smith has been a decent football player everywhere except Foxboro.
How many times did we see Jonnu drop the ball? Answer: a LOT. He was never healthy. And him running a route was horrible. He never lived up to his contract, a contract I might add that everyone around the NFL thought was a terrible idea. And it was.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

too bad they didnt get Canales as an OC, revived Geno Smith and now Baker Mayfield. Obrien is straight up junk

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
How many times did we see Jonnu drop the ball? Answer: a LOT. He was never healthy. And him running a route was horrible. He never lived up to his contract, a contract I might add that everyone around the NFL thought was a terrible idea. And it was.
You get your back up in any post that mentions Mac Jones. It is very, very odd. But having said that I admitted that Jonnu Smith might suck. It's just a fact that he's been a decent football player outside of New England. I don't know what the reason for that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad