GDT: Game 4 | Calgary Flames @ Columbus | 7 PM EST - May the Fifth Line Be With You!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well I hope Werenski, Martin and Laine are okay man. A lot of concerning stuff towards the end of of the game.

I know tomorrow is the second of a back to back, but maybe just playing more will get them moving the puck better but we'll see.
What happened to Werenski

wdkennedy27

Apr 10, 2023
I can't be the only one who is livid about that hit on Laine. That was unbelievably dirty. If there isn't a suspension I am going to be beyond pissed off.

Reactions: KCbus and LJ7

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Well we get Calgary in Calgary later this season, thats a game you dress Olivier and call up Voronkov. Maybe Ill buy tickets for it
If they're not going to take care of it right when it happened, then they're not going to take care of it in a meaningful way. Some BS perfunctory fight which lasts 10 seconds isn't sufficient. The team should have bull rushed the a$$ and taken care of business tonight. Not that any team would do that anymore. It's the new let the DPOS take care of it mentality.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Id love to bump the Provorov thread on the mains but a salty Flyers mod had a power trip and closed it

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Dirty hit by Anderson, should be a suspension, but knowing the NHL, he will probably get fined two dozen cookies and get a stern talking to. Good game overall.
I could not believe my eyes but when I saw it was number 4 it all made sense. He is as cheap and dirty as they come. I hope Patty is ok.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Better puck management you must have...
Based on last two periods that's still a huge issue. Whether it's a result of inability to execute Vincent's system this early or something else, they're not gonna win many games with that kind of sloppiness.

KJ's start to the season hasn't been encouraging to say the least. I'd guess there won't be a lot of "let's offer him a max-term deal instead of bridge" talk later in the season if his struggles aren't disappearing.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I like fake tough Kadri saying something to Gudbranson when 2 refs were between them

I think that was Huberdeau Gudbranson ended up taking down after getting Andersson

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Looking forward to seeing them again on 1/25... Have a feeling we'll bring the bigs for that Canada trip.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I just got done watching, and I didn't even see the hit on Laine, because Spencer Martin was slow to get up after the last sequence, so I had my eyes on him. I didn't see it until the replay, and when I saw the hit, a stream of bad words just came pouring out of my mouth. Dirty, dirty, DIRTY hit that could have been a lot worse.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I didn't see the game tonight because I was at high school football but of course I went perusing twitter to find out the latest info. I can't believe how many people victim blame every dirty hit in the league. The amount of comments justifying the hit because "Laine needs to keep his head up is disturbing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad