Pre-Game Talk: Game 4, Boston at Leafs. Flush the Loss, Close the Bakery and Win! (And Stay Alive!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

I am tired of hearing Carlyle say there is a place and time to make risky plays. I cannot for the life of me understand how thick is the skull of the morons dressing in blue and white.

By now avoiding risky plays should be second nature but oh no...

Kessel with a brutal giveaway. Game was lost that instant. Morale of the team down absolutely as low as you can be when you best players ****s up big time.

I hope Nonis hires a hypnotist to sink in the message of no risk plays in our zone, neutral ice or the offensive blue line.

Its so stupid its sad really for all the players

leafstilldeath*

Fraser out Liles in
Hamilton out Colborne in

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin*
Colborne - Grabo - Kulemin*
Komorov - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf / Gunner
Gardiner / Franson
Liles / ROB ( i don't like it but Fraser is worse...)

I think Colborne will bring energy. Putting lines in is almost impossible with how Carlyle is going at the moment but we need to get something going.

PP Units
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Gardiner (PPQB) - Phaneuf (TAKE FREAKING SHOTS DONT QB)

Lupul - Kadri - Frattin/Kulemin/ Double Kessel
Liles - Franson

I agree. But would rather have Franson instead of Dion. Phaneuf hardly shoots not net and then when he misses the net on few occasions he starts throwing in stupid wrists shots that have no power/speed on them

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
If we win this one we still have a legit ****. It will all come down to game 5..

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
ESPN ‏@espn 58m
The Maple Leafs haven't won a home playoff game vs. the Bruins since 1959. Toronto coach, Randy Carlyle, was 3 years old.

:amazed:

lol statistical bias..i can play this game too..the Bruins have only won 1 playoff game in toronto in the past 40 something years:amazed:

leafstilldeath*

hope nazem has a good game
so he can make this fan base become silent

might get an infraction, but i am pissed off at this fan base

dude/dudette? lol

Anyway, 2 sayings...

1. Put your money where your mouth is

2. If you talk the talk then walk the walk

Kadri flapped his gums before teh series and hasnt shown up I hope he learns from this. I understand he is young etc...But once its a mistake twice its stupidity

leafstilldeath*

Speed, speed and more speed.

:nod::nod::nod:

smurfs owned the bruins with speed I do not understand why we do not skate. Its like the weather outside in Toronto is too nice and players are ready for golfing. Makes me sick

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
:nod::nod::nod:

smurfs owned the bruins with speed I do not understand why we do not skate. Its like the weather outside in Toronto is too nice and players are ready for golfing. Makes me sick

And now the Senators are owning the Smurfs with hits and physical play. Now if the Leafs aren't going to do either and make tons and tons of amateur mistakes a game, they're going to lose.

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
I agree. But would rather have Franson instead of Dion. Phaneuf hardly shoots not net and then when he misses the net on few occasions he starts throwing in stupid wrists shots that have no power/speed on them

Reason i didnt put Franson on the first PP unit is Gardiner himself can shoot, I figure giving Liles someone on the 2nd unit to pass to for a shot would be useful.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
ESPN ‏@espn 58m
The Maple Leafs haven't won a home playoff game vs. the Bruins since 1959. Toronto coach, Randy Carlyle, was 3 years old.

:amazed:

We also haven't played Boston in the playoffs since the 70s, and that series was a sweep. Yeah statistical bias!

That's like blaming the current incarnation of the Leafs for:

a) Not making the playoffs for the last 9 years. (Hey Jake Gardiner and Nazem Kadri were only 13!)
b) Not winning the cup since 1967. (No current Leaf player was alive then!)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Reason i didnt put Franson on the first PP unit is Gardiner himself can shoot, I figure giving Liles someone on the 2nd unit to pass to for a shot would be useful.

Franson can shoot. In fact, he probably has one of the most accurate shots from the point on our team.

leafstilldeath*

Franson's wrist shot is hard, heavy and more importantly accurate. dion just takes a swing at the puck that is all.

leafstilldeath*

So would a lot of teams being down 3-1 to any potential contender...:yo:

Please Boston is not a contender. God forbid, if they win this series the max they will reach is ECF. And then they are done. They do not have Thomas in net its not going to happen for them. 2nd, Chara is not the same Chara he was when they won the cup. Age catching up to him he looks slow and sometimes confused on ice.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think I'd give MacArthur another shot, to see if being a healthy scrath for the past few lights a fire under his arse
I'd like to see Liles back in too.

moonbal

Apr 29, 2013
Pillsbury Toronto
Kadri flapped his gums before teh series and hasnt shown up I hope he learns from this. I understand he is young etc...But once its a mistake twice its stupidity

Kadri: "This is a very, very, very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very winnable series for us"

Stats: 3GP 1P 0G 1A -1

kadri-cherry-kiss_620-thumb-620xauto-286008.jpg

leafstilldeath*

And now the Senators are owning the Smurfs with hits and physical play. Now if the Leafs aren't going to do either and make tons and tons of amateur mistakes a game, they're going to lose.

sadly the saying...

fool me once shame on you,
fool me twice shame on me

is getting to exponential level...

fool me once shame on you,

fool me n times shame on me.

How long does it take for the buds to realize

it is shame on them

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i think we'll win game 4

i thought we looked pretty good in game 3. i felt like the game could have gone either way.

gardiner looked amazing! hopefully he'll be playing 25+ minutes w/ PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad