GDT: Game 4: Avalanche @ Sabres - 10/11 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If you’ve taken my posting as blind optimism then you’re even more lost than I thought.

But I just saw one post so I decided to comment on it, without regard to how or what you were posting earlier. Did I misrepresent you? My bad.

Still, I stand by what I said in general context.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm gonna be honest, I was worried about these first few games. Not because I had any doubts about our team, but because they were against the Oilers, Caps and Sharks, teams we usually have trouble beating for whatever reason.

To see us come out and dominate like this is euphoric. Team looks even better than last year in virtually every facet of the game.
Wrong board, bud

Roost

Apr 6, 2017
Erie
I highly doubt Phil will have a good practice tomorrow. He will say he liked their effort. It would be funny if the players said they hated Phils effort. You're getting blown out so don't try any new lines......

Reactions: sabrebuild

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Yeah at full speed in the slot, dont think hes let in a bad one all game
Not that often where you can honestly say that, but I completely agree. You don’t see too many games where the goalie lets in 6 goals and played a great game.

I just realized what that means and now I’m sad. If I weren’t already sitting in a corner I’d go to the corner right now.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
McCabe is a bottom-pairing D-man playing up too high.

I'm not so sure we should stack up to the middle of the league... But it doesn't help when the the Avs get puck luck, and two break-aways, and the Sabres bottom pair D should be their 7th and 8th (or lower) d-men, and McCabe should be bottom-pair.

...And, with that, the Sabres owe Hutton double whatever they owed him going into the 3rd.

@littletonhockeycoach : McKinnon must be a treat to watch regularly.

Yes.... his first season, last season and now this season. In between there was constant fan whining about him..... justified because he looked like he had lost his speed, always pulling up early off the rush and putting on the brakes. My friends with inside contacts said that during the last place season, all he did was bitch about everything. His teammates, the lineup, the refs, etc..

And then last year he took off like a rocket!

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I didn't think it was that bad. A couple bad bounces, a couple of posts, and then they got caught pushing too hard a couple times late.

The biggest problem is that 0-6 on the pp. That's the difference in the game.

Effort was fine.

But should definitely swap in some new blood if it they lose the next one. Use the depth. Don't wait.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Mama said there would be days like this. It was painful to watch--but at least this was a game I skipped live. High hopes can lead to great disappointment. Just get back on the horse guys. It is a long season with lots of time for redemption.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
should definitely swap in some new blood if it they lose the next one. Use the depth. Don't wait.
Let me run that by management.

Botterill says they haven't earned it yet. He wants to make sure this team is competitive and these players apparently are our competitive players on the NHL squad.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
it wasn't as big of an ass-kicking as the score would lead you to believe. thank god I will be in india for this western road trip.
Would have been worse w/o Hutton in net. Only 1 good period of play from Buffalo. Multiple breakaways allowed in the final 5 minutes with the score 4 - 1. Just glad it wasn't at the Pepsi Center with me walking out wearing my Lafontaine jersey putting up with all the trash talking.....

Reactions: brian_griffin

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
How can you loose 6-1 at home without even starting a small ruckus at the end? Give the 100dollar-a-ticket fans something.

Anyway. An unexperienced coach to an unexperienced team is proprably a bad idea. They need a leader that can show them what the big league is all about.

Also I'm happy for Dahlin. He's going to be great. People forget he's only 18 and no other great D man of today was even in the league at that age.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad