GDT: Game 4: 10/10/2019 - Detroit Red Wings @ Montreal Canadiens - 7 PM ET (FS-D)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I thought the exchange between Mickey, Osgood and Keaton regarding the hot dogs was hilarious.

Osgood's story about how there would be hot dogs in the locker room after games their and Johan Franzen rushing to grab two before his gloves were even off. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Reminded me of when in 2008 Channel 4 covered some playoff BBQ that Al Sobotka would host for the players outside of the Joe. They interviewed Dallas Drake who said something about how it was amazing to see how much food Johan Franzen could stack on a single paper plate. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I thought he said 2 in each glove, so 4 total, before the other players even got into the dressing room. Either way, I love these stories. We got the best TV crew in professional sports, with Redmond as the masterpiece.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Those are rookie #'s. Apparently the hot dogs & buns are small, so I'm thinking he could eat 12+ total (pre/during/post game). You're severely underestimating the Murph! He rides a scooter!

I work in Birmingham........ if I had a hot dog for every time I saw that man on a scooter I'd be dead.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Hahaha, are you serious? ...I can't tell if you're being serious about the scooter sightings. His helmet screams, "I ride a sportbike", but maybe that's just Murph being Murph.

I'm 100% serious that he rides a scooter here. Yes.

I thought you knew that, in fact I don't know what helmet you're even talking about... lol.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

mqdefault.jpg

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Bernier is 1-11-3 against Montreal in his career, he's like the anti-Howie playing against his childhood team.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'm 100% serious that he rides a scooter here. Yes.

I thought you knew that, in fact I don't know what helmet you're even talking about... lol.
I've never even been to Michigan, but adopted the Wings in 1990 so I wouldn't know about the scooter. In another GDT, during the pregame, Murph was on a scooter with the Light The Lamp trophy he & Darren Eliot won, he & Daniels did a skit. I posted a pic of the helmet in that GDT. I didn't know if the scooter was just a prop for the skit or his actual vehicle.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Bernier has a 1-11-3 record against Montreal, hope he stops the trend.
This is the moment . Would you prefer the Wings challenge for a playoff spot this year and possibly hinder any rebuild happening, or would you prefer full tank mode and lose from here on out?

I'm in the same spot. I love winning, but I know we need another piece or two .

I hated last game because I haven't felt like that after a loss in a while. I thought, maybe idiotically, that we were good and could challenge this season. Last year I felt nothing after a loss. The last game, I did .

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
The production? I don't care about fancy graphics, impartiality, or manufactured hype on my local broadcast. I just want a good hd feed with fun personalities, and we have exactly that.

Add to that every Fox Sports regional having identical production assets, and they carry the majority of regional hockey coverage, virtually the only difference is the talent.

I watch every team's regionals, and I find the Wings to have one of, if not the best crew in my opinion. Sure Ken and Mick can be homers at times, but if you haven't listened to Bob Errey in Pittsburgh (AT&T regional) or Eddie Olczyk (NBC/Comcast regional) in Chicago... Jesus.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Add to that every Fox Sports regional having identical production assets, and they carry the majority of regional hockey coverage, virtually the only difference is the talent.

I watch every team's regionals, and I find the Wings to have one of, if not the best crew in my opinion. Sure Ken and Mick can be homers at times, but if you haven't listened to Bob Errey in Pittsburgh (AT&T regional) or Eddie Olczyk (NBC/Comcast regional) in Chicago... Jesus.
I don't think homerism is a problem on local networks, as long as they're fair.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

I still think a bit of impartiality is needed, honestly. For example, if I'm watching an Anaheim (or Chicago or Pittsburgh) game, it'll be the other feed, because most of the time those guys complain about everything for a long time.

That's what I love about Ken and Mick: They usually call it straight, with only slight homeristic tendencies. That's what I want in my broadcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Don't talk shit about injured players or be a general douche bag and Idc how much you want to be a homer on the local broadcast.

Reactions: NickH8

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Every single regional team is better than watching hockey on NBC.

Reactions: NickH8

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Given that the Habs always kick their ass lately, I'll be happy with any result that doesn't involve them getting blown out

Also, was curious to see how Svech looked tonight in a regular season game, but i suppose that's gonna have to wait

Reactions: Tirekicker

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I actually am perfectly fine with Eddie O and Pat Foley on the Chicago broadcast. My problem is Eddie O is rarely any different nationally. But they are fine, just like the Boston guys are fine for me, you know what you're getting when you tune into the home broadcast. Now I will say the Wings broadcast does clean it up some if they are picked up by the NHL Network and Daniels is very much different when calling national games. So our crew does make that change. But totally agree, the local broadcast is for the local team. The National broadcast has different standards, Pierre slobbering on some team isn't appreciated, or Eddie O acting like he is talking to a Lincoln Park bar isn't all that great either. I think Ferraro is the best national color guy by a country mile right now.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Those are rookie #'s. Apparently the hot dogs & buns are small, so I'm thinking he could eat 12+ total (pre/during/post game). You're severely underestimating the Murph! He rides a scooter!
My original estimate was 10...Maybe I need to rethink this...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad