GDT: Game 39 vs. Los Angeles (7:30 PM)

MetalGodAOD*

mascot.jpg

MetalGodAOD*

No lineup changes according to Gulutzan. Jordie scratched.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
That game in hand on Detroit has to be converted into 2 points tonight. If not, I buy will buy into Gary's idea tomorrow. For now tho, go Stars!

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
That game in hand on Detroit has to be converted into 2 points tonight. If not, I buy will buy into Gary's idea tomorrow. For now tho, go Stars!

67% shot at 2nd last in the West if we go 0-10-0.. So Seth Jones is out of reach as is probably Drouin and MacKinnon but we all knew that.

I'd assume we finish around 10th/11th in the West and we all start screaming

English stars fan

Jun 15, 2011
UK
Miss out on playoffs by goal differential.
Finish with the 14th overall pick.
Win lotto!
Draft Fucale #1ov as franchise backup
:cry:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why are you guys mentioning the playoffs? Even if we win tonight we're a long way from the playoffs.

Tank.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I still don't think it's likely Dallas will get in, but the last game of the season at home against Detroit is setting up as a potential win and in scenario for both teams. As long as the win one more game than Detroit over the next 9 games (8 for Detroit), Dallas would be in a position to pass them on the final game.

Dallas has a game in hand, and they only have 1 less ROW than Detroit. The next tie-breaker would be head-to-head, and both teams are currently 1-1 against each other.

It would be exciting to see essentially a 1 game playoff between the two on the last day of the season.

Not worth worrying about it now though.

Bkennedy*

what is the greater long term advantage to the team, Getting swept in the first round by Chicago or landing an elite blue chip prospect that contributes for the next 10+ years?

We aren't going to get that blue chip prospect, though. This team is NOT bad enough to finish that low. Worst case scenario I say we finish the season something like 4-6 and still get a bad pick. Still worth trying to make the playoffs and see what can happen.

I understand this isn't a scenario where we're like the Kings from last year and just underperforming and going to turn it on in the playoffs. But it'd still be nice to try.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
what is the greater long term advantage to the team, Getting swept in the first round by Chicago or landing an elite blue chip prospect that contributes for the next 10+ years?

This team isn't landing a Top 8 pick. They probably aren't making the playoffs either.

I find it hard to be mad that some new guys, Chiasson in particular, changed the dynamic of the team so much that they're playing with confidence. It's fun seeing how passionate the kid is, and he's a big reason why they're probably out of the Top 8 discussion.

It's disappointing they likely wont have a shot at those guys, but I'm not going to pout that that the team is playing better. These last few games though are a pretty good indicator that they are going to win a handful of these games ... likely enough to draft outside of the Top 10.

Honestly, it's impossible for me to not enjoy Chiasson playing so well and the pure joy he plays with. I've been wanting to see his NHL debut since they drafted him in the 2nd round of 2009, and I followed his college career closely. This is honestly the most fun I've had associated with this team since the 2008 playoffs since I actually was able to watch him grow from draft to the NHL. I rarely every get to see a junior prospect play so this was great.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Side by side schedule comparison

LA (H)
NASHVILLE------ SAN JOSE (H)
SAN JOSE (H) ---CHICAGO
CHICAGO ------NASHVILLE
VANCOUVER (H) CALGARY
ST. LOUIS-----VANCOUVER
LA ------------PHOENIX (H)
SAN JOSE -----LA (H)
COLUMBUS (H) NASHVILLE (H)
DETROIT (H)-- DALLAS

We're probably not making the playoffs and we probably won't snag a top 8 pick.

We are average. Average Chris.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
FYI .... regarding the tank scenario ... Dallas holds the most important tie breaker over the teams around them in both the West and East ... ROW. Their only shot at a Top 5 pick was an all out tank and losing streak. That seemed possible with the way they played leading up to the trade deadline. All year long, these teams have only been separated by a few points. There's no reason to believe that Dallas has the ability to out win or out lose them now. With a high ROW, Dallas is headed for one of the lower lottery picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad