GDT: Game 39 vs. Los Angeles (7:30 PM)

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I thought that was Larsen's best game of the year by far. He was physical on the boards and accurate with the puck on his stick.

There wasn't a guy on the team who didn't show up to work tonight. It's nice to get one of these every now and again, even if the playoffs are still a very distant hope.

Our whole defense was solid. I dunno if they stepped it up because Bachman was in or they are just really playing well lately, but they seem much improved.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
All this calling for tanking is pretty hilarious, and completely unrealistic. Gulutzan is fighting to keep his job, there will be no tanking as long as he's coach. Get over it.

Gary sucks. Ed Belfour rules.

My goodness. Gary, you're banned.

Keep it up :handclap:

You suck so hard Gary.

Ban Gary.

Seriously, you guys can't honestly expect a tank when we've got a crappy coach trying to save his career... They're going to go out clawing and fighting the entire way.

It's a French tank!

Yeah get lost loser!

Sorry guys.

Statistically it's still improbable that we make the playoffs. Our playoff odds increased to like 19% or so. 6-3 for a ~60% chance.

The tank is still possible. We can still go 0-9-0 and get a good pick guys. Believe.

The old men played good tonight. Robidas took a ****ing beating all night, what a guy. I might be in love with Chiasson.

Tank.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Sorry guys.

Statistically it's still improbable that we make the playoffs. Our playoff odds increased to like 19% or so. 6-3 for a ~60% chance.

The tank is still possible. We can still go 0-9-0 and get a good pick guys. Believe.

The old men played good tonight. Robidas took a ****ing beating all night, what a guy. I might be in love with Chiasson.

Tank.

Well if Detroit losses some and we win some...

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Lol intense much buddy?

The point is, the playoffs aren't out of the picture.

Dallas Stars Playoff Chances
22.1%
41 points 19 17-3

9-0-0 In.

8-1-0 100%

7-1-1 99.6%

6-3-0 68.9%
5-2-2 61.7%
4-1-4 52.3%

5-3-1 38.6%

Speaks for itself. Tank.

MetalGodAOD*

Kari's groin injury doesn't sound bad. Two days off will help, but I'd play Bachman in Nashville no matter what. Give Kari the rest for the B2B stretch, plus Bachman deserves it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
However if we win the next game and Detroit loses, that's when it gets interesting.

I'm not getting my hopes up because this team has found ways to crush them year in and year out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas Stars Playoff Chances
22.1%
41 points 19 17-3

9-0-0 In.

8-1-0 100%

7-1-1 99.6%

6-3-0 68.9%
5-2-2 61.7%
4-1-4 52.3%

5-3-1 38.6%

Speaks for itself. Tank.

We're two points out, with an even amount of games played (and ROWs, for that matter). Sure it's crowded from 8-12, but Dallas is still right in the thick of things, and looking better than we've seen from them all year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Unless Columbus plays spoiler (so strange saying that), all we have to do is win one more game than Detroit and then beat them in our last game.

Gonna be very interesting.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We're two points out, with an even amount of games played (and ROWs, for that matter). Sure it's crowded from 8-12, but Dallas is still right in the thick of things, and looking better than we've seen from them all year.

Where's that Dallas Stars level of hope or whatever picture when you need it...

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
However if we win the next game and Detroit loses, that's when it gets interesting.

I'm not getting my hopes up because this team has found ways to crush them year in and year out.

Not tonight Garr! :yo: No tanking yet! :)

No true Stars fan is EVER gunna tell you to get your hopes up, it's just too soon to quit when you're 2 points out and with 18 points left on the table.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Craig Ludwig is getting way, way ahead of himself, but he said something that just sounded wonderful, "How great would it be to end Detroit's 20 year run in the playoffs?"

The only thing I'm going to hope for though at this point is that I get to keep seeing that huge smile and pure joy for the game from Chiasson. You could tell he was pumped to get the opportunity to return the favor to Wiz. I loved that little tidbit from Razor where he mentioned the most important thing Alex learned from Jack Parker at BU was the impact of attitude on the game.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Best quote from the Kings's GDT:

Who the **** is Eakin, and why are the Kings making him look like a Selke award winner?

They will know next game I bet.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Just finished watching the game, nice win for the Stars. Glad to see Fiddler and Whitney notch a couple. Whole team played well. Also how can you not love Roussel's game? Played awesome tonight. I thought Cole played very spirited too. Any word on Kari yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->