GDT: Game 39: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 7PM - FSA Rick Tocchet's NHL18 Edition

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
After a system crash on Saturday we reboot once again...... now improved with LawCrouse DLC

KtKf0GD.png

fZPrb7g.png
rkUFOBN.png

Xcw5zYV.png
ghZnlI4.png

IzmlXCJ.png
QAUNjFg.png

J5kkgDo.png
RB82lSK.png

Rick Tocchet's Terminology:

BREAK THE SEAL:
Definition: A reserve of energy that a player taps into when he’s tired to chip a puck out or block a shot that Tocchet likened to the extra miles a car is able to drive on empty before needing to refuel.

STICKY:

Definition: Using body position to hold onto the puck in the corner so that it stays on the stick like it’s attached with Velcro.

DINK:
Definition: Advancing the puck by using a short pass or a chip. These can happen in front of the net or in the corners.

Colorado:
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Andrighetto - Compher - Wilson
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Jost - Kerfoot - Yakupov

Zadorov - Barberio
Nemeth - Barrie
Lindholm - Girard

Varlamov
Bernier

*Yes I was much too lazy to make ALL the Coyotes players.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Can I have a suggestion that one of these GDT be about Mystery Science Theater 3000? (Sorry about usurping your authority and trying to make a GDT without your permission.)

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Perhaps the Coyotes will finally score... (Dare I say it?) an Avalanche of goals in this game. Haha.

Well, one can dream. I just hope for some entertainment from Sucker Punch Bowl II.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I got an idea: tomorrow's GDT, the last home game vs. Toronto will be themed in MST3k/Mystery Science Theater 3000, after the last two GDT. Considering that watching the Coyotes is like watching cheesy movies, the worst (we) can find (la, la, la), and Gila River Arena has become The Satellite of Love (SOL) for not the right reasons. Plus, the series got a reboot on Netflix this year, although with a whole new cast. #Timely!

Your thoughts?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Raanta in goal tonight. Seeing some chatter that Hammer is back.

Been sick as a dog for two weeks now and spent most of the day coughing up the lungs so I’m running behind on things.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Ah... talk on Hammer was Chayka on the radio this morning was “excited about his return”. VMMV

Also... Richardson didn’t make the trip and may miss the next few games (explains Crouse callup?)

On the Avs side. Barrie out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand. Varlamov in goal tonight.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
This game is brought to you by, MENTAL TOUGHNESS, a Rick Tocchet product.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Perlini got the luckiest of lucky bounces that went straight to Rieder. We don't usually get that kind of luck.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
High quality line change.

High quality line change.

EDIT: Lol the HF servers are having a conniption.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Should have been stopped by Raanta. I disagree with ass kissing Nash that it was a great shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad