Post-Game Talk: Game #39: Canucks 2, Jets 1 - Eddie Lack to the Rescue!

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Absolutely no reason to move Kassian up to play with the Sedins. He's the best player on a solid bang and crash and score some goals third line.

Sucks to see Hansen be invisible out there, but the Sedins are still controlling play out there. It's a good opportunity for them to adjust their game a little so they don't lean on Burrows so much.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Nice showing by the Canucks youth this game. Tanev, Lack and Kassian all had nice games. Team looked gassed and for good reason, they've had a very busy schedule. I had this game circled as a loss for that reason, but they gutted it out once again and earned a greasy two points.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Really wish they would have capitalized on their strong play in the first. They could have closed the door then instead of gutting one out.

That was a dirty, deliberate play by Byfuglien. That punk is trash.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm curious what the lines would be if Burrows was suddenly healthy. I don't see how the roster works unless Kesler and Santorelli are split up and both play center.

John Bender*

Sickening is a little bit of a hyperbole.

Not for y2k. He probably has sympathy phantom leg pains that mirror Lu's injury. I suspect he took a Valium and went to sleep right after reading this thread to stop living the nightmare.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Time to send best wishes to AV as the NYRs beat the Wild 4-1 today scoring 4 unanswered goals. Watch Keith Ballard on the second Ranger goal pass the puck perfectly to Hagelin who buries the shot. Flashback for French Coach???

[NHL]519093[/NHL]

This result leaves Minny in 8th place with 45 points, 5 points behind the Canucks who are in 6th place although Minny has a game in hand which will be used up tomorrow.

The Wild have 1 more game before the break - they play tomorrow in Philly - Go Flyers.

I was checking in on that game regularly. Great result for the Rangers! Only Phoenix can overtake us now (games in hand) but we'd still be in the 8.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Byfuglien sure likes to hang his skate to try to trip other players when they arent looking, what a ****ing *******.
A real big "tough guy" that likes to push people around/bully them....though he does have this real reluctance to "drop the gloves" against a person that is willing to fight back.;)

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'm curious what the lines would be if Burrows was suddenly healthy. I don't see how the roster works unless Kesler and Santorelli are split up and both play center.

Burrows to first line and Hansen on 3rd or 4th. :handclap: I kinda like how booth and kassian are playing on the 3rd line so i wouldn't want to split that up right now though.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Absolutely no reason to move Kassian up to play with the Sedins. He's the best player on a solid bang and crash and score some goals third line.

Sucks to see Hansen be invisible out there, but the Sedins are still controlling play out there. It's a good opportunity for them to adjust their game a little so they don't lean on Burrows so much.

What? You just provided 2 reasons for him to play with the Sedins.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010

Hansen on the 4th line with Schroeder and Weise.

Hansen has been useless on the Sedins line mostly anyway. He doesn't look like the same guy with them (in a bad way).

I just don't see any need to move Santorelli down the line-up when he's producing like he is. If Schroeder doesn't show 3rd line potential when he returns, then address the need through trade.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Hansen has been useless on the Sedins line mostly anyway. He doesn't look like the same guy with them (in a bad way).

I just don't see any need to move Santorelli down the line-up when he's producing like he is. If Schroeder doesn't show 3rd line potential when he returns, then address the need through trade.

See you in hell, 2014 2nd rounder!

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Well, I'd probably rather they acquires a 1st line player and have Santorelli get pushed down that way if it's going to happen. But otherwise I wouldn't mess with the 2nd line just to find Hansen a spot.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver

I thought Hansen scored two goals with the Sedins...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad