Post-Game Talk: Game #39: Canucks 2, Jets 1 - Eddie Lack to the Rescue!

Wetcoaster

Hilarious comments from Henrik:

On Eddie Lack coming in and whether he was ready- "He spent yesterday eating Swedish Christmas food."

On the Luongo injury... Henrik was asked if he had talked to Luongo:

"Yes I have. He can talk."
:laugh:

And the Haida hat tonight goes to... Chris Tanev.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Kassian was awesome tonight, the real first star IMO, but Lack also stepped up with a few big saves. Thought Winnipeg was the better team for most of the game IMO, thought we were fortunate to get the go-ahead goal against the run of play. The Jets were playing feisty and forcing some turnovers (ehem....Alberts!) but other than a little flurry in the 2nd, didn't get a ton of pucks to the net. The breaks are evening out after that 1-2-3 homestand where ironically they were playing some of their best hockey of the season.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I am also getting a little worried about the Sedins. Generally they start slow and by this time they've found their groove not this season... Hopefully they get their **** together... Also Kassian looked awesome. So funny all the people ready to give up on a 22 year old power forward who can fly and has good hands.

Happy with the 2 points and I'm happy the Canucks are not Happy with their effort.. I'll take it

Wetcoaster

Tortorella on Luongo's injury - Lower body. Day to day.

If Lu is out longer has lots of confidence in Lack.

As Tortorella said Tanev had a great game defensively and moving the puck out of the defensive zone with subtle little plays as well as the big goal.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I am also getting a little worried about the Sedins. Generally they start slow and by this time they've found their groove not this season... Hopefully they get their **** together... Also Kassian looked awesome. So funny all the people ready to give up on a 22 year old power forward who can fly and has good hands.

Happy with the 2 points and I'm happy the Canucks are not Happy with their effort.. I'll take it

I see at as the opposite. The last 2 years or so they have started out strong (single-handedly winning the team games), but then they slow down late December/early January. I don't think they ever get back to their early season dominance, but string together some strong games here and there. Kind of strange. The team would probably be in the toilet if it weren't for Kesler and co. stepping up these last few weeks.. which is really great to see.

John Bender*

Lol at John saying he did not know if he is staying here or going back east for the holidays. Someone ought to tell him it's december 22....

I guess it's a reflection of his commitment to being civil with the media. I am sure he'd have loved to tell that reporter to **** off.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Highlight of the night when Shorthouse asked why he didn't get invited over for Ceasers Garrett blurts out "I did you snubbed me"

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I think I speak for everyone when I say: Luongo HAS to make that save. Totally deflated the team.

#cutandpastepostgamecomment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad